Author Topic: QUIZ....WATCH WITH 3GM PURE GOLD AND TELLS TIME WITH BALL BEARING?  (Read 8627 times)

Offline TET@WATCH

Just to add some fun to this forum....will post answer plus pictures tomorrow...happy hunting  :HammerHead:

Offline TET@WATCH

Re: QUIZ....WATCH WITH 3GM PURE GOLD AND TELLS TIME WITH BALL BEARING?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:03:05 AM »
This is round dialed gold plated watch which has the 3 gram gold coin of Pope John Paul II embedded into it. This is produced and distributed by the Gold Quest International worldwide. this coin is minted at Mayer's Mint, Germany. This watch is one of the 4999 watches produced in the world.The image of Pope John Paul II which is engraved on the coin is hand carved.

The ball bearing in between 12 and 1 represent the time, which is about 12:15pm and if shaken the ball bearing will swirl than back to its origin place, control by magnet.  Hope you all enjoy this posting. :Cheers:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:28:33 AM »
Made by Abacus?

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:48:06 AM »
Hi TheHobbit...sorry i dont know the exact history only the contents (same old me). Bought this second hand from another watch collector. Can only get this info from google.

Through intensive research and development, and excellent German craftsmanship, GoldQuest International Ltd proudly presents the highly innovative and unique timepiece – the “Gold MMC Watch”. This special timepiece replaces the hour and minute hands with a single distinctive stainless steel ball that moves clockwise minute by minute. The 999.9 yellow gold (24 karat) GoldQuest Medal 2002 is used as the watch face. The centre of this proof finish Medal is characterized by the GoldQuest logo together with GoldQuest’s mission statement “Raise Yourself to Help Mankind”.

The B.H. Mayer Mint – Germany in direct cooperation with “Lacher - Germany”, a leading watch manufacturer in Germany, assembled this unique limited edition timepiece. The fashionable watch is watertight up to 30 meters (100 feet) and the watch face is well protected by a high quality scratch proof mineral glass. The watch strap is made from genuine Italian leather.

The Gold MMC watch is meticulously presented in an innovative black watchcase, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity from B.H. Mayer’s Mint, and includes a 24 month warranty from Lacher – Germany.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:58:39 AM »
Yup, made by Abacus. Congrats and wear it with good health.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 11:26:17 AM »
Hi TheHobbit....Thank u !!!

Offline foowy

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
I know we dont discuss value here.....can you PM me how much you paid for this? Cos recently an acquaintance showed me a similar one and claim he bought it for a what I thought was a crazy amount

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:19:14 PM »
Hi Foowy...at first i thought the price is absurd too  but eventually after checking out at Google, it is genuine.  I offer the guy half the price since it come with whole package.  If the price is much lesser, please pm me cause i dont mind having two... :Cheers: