Author Topic: SIHH 2012:The unveil of a Mystery Piece, in a Mystery Place: Deep Sea Vintage Ch  (Read 3424 times)

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
http://jlc.watchprosite.com/?show=forumpost&fi=2&pi=5077693&ti=764523&s=0

Conclusion:

If Jaeger-Lecoultre thought about making a diving Chronograph in the late Fifties, it would certainly have looked like this.

This Deep Sea Vintage Chronograph is a time capsule, in my opinion.

A nice way to travel in time, with class, sensuality and elegance.

Water resistant to 100 meters, I would not advice to use the pushers under the water, though.

But do we always need to use the full functionality of our watches?

I predict a brilliant future for this watch.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:34:28 PM by ivanswk »

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Seems like every watchmaker is digging into it's past to bring up new models.
After the Tribute to Deep Sea Alarm, I too foresee a bright future for this watch.
I would very much like to own the Tribute to Deep Sea Alarm USA version with the dial signed LeCoultre... that is cool!!!
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Yes, many brands are trying to dig back their 'heritage' route.
No more creative ideas, perhaps?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Yes, many brands are trying to dig back their 'heritage' route.
No more creative ideas, perhaps?
I think the sales figures prove that vintage inspired pieces sell well?
Maybe it caters to a different market.
Younger generation tend to prefer huge watches while older apeks like theirs sized just right.
You want 38-41mm? Go for the vintage inspired ones... 42mm and above... plenty from the newer modern designs.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Nice retro there, guess all jump into retro era. What happen to the people that is Apek and pretend to be youngster, in between type, what watches for 2012???  :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
Nice retro there, guess all jump into retro era. What happen to the people that is Apek and pretend to be youngster, in between type, what watches for 2012???  :Laughing_on_floor:

Saw alot of rich indon and Thai ah peks wearing AP ROO and Pam. That is the new standard di. Now grandpas wears GStar and Lucky
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet