Author Topic: Leica X2  (Read 5941 times)

Offline JayJay

Leica X2
« on: October 25, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
Any user feedback on this model,

Looking forward for some response,

Should i buy this model?

Offline peanut

Re: Leica X2
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »
I am not a user of X2 but have played with it along with M.  All I can say is that if I have money to buy a Leica, it will have to be Leica M.  All the other cheaper models including X2 is not value for money.  The handling of X2 is OK but its features and specs are not even competitive as similar APSC mirrorless.  I find my Fuji X Pro-1 (after the firmware upgrade) to be a much better and flexible camera.  You can just check out the specs of X2: the max aperture is so-so, the screen resolution is poor, no video, ISO performance is so-so.

What you get is a camera will take good picture with good picture quality.  But then there are so many other camera can do so equally well.  When you buy Leica, you pay a good portion of your $$$ on the name itself.  You have to decide if you are willing to pay significant $$$ for the name.  TO me, if you want to show that you can afford a Leica, get the M.  Otherwise, most people can afford a X2 but many wont pay for it as there are better value for money and or better performance camera out there.