Author Topic: 2 experience in a day  (Read 8549 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
2 experience in a day
« on: July 27, 2011, 07:30:12 AM »
just to share and discuss your watch deal experience

Case 1 - Some 1 posted a fullset seiko mm300 at FB for sale
             i sms him for condition and price and possible to COD in KL
             he said watch not his but a friend and it is like new and he suggest to post it after bank, COD only in parit buntar
             price agreed if the watch really like new, but i insisted on cod
             he asked to sms his fren who own the watch....
             his fren replied and ok to COD in KL, because he stay at KL
             last night with another 2 mwf members, met seller
             1. watch is not like new, some obvious scratches on the clasp
             2. seller told all ok except the bezel bit tied
             the bezel is almost jammed!!! and the feel the bezel slightly different with my previous experience with MM300
             seller claim watch still under warranty, but the warranty card not stamp from higuchi but no invoice
             suggest seller to send it back to higuchi or give a big deduction that enough to cover the 2 ways shipping cost to
             japan provided seller give invoice
             seller disagreed
             worst - found my tyre almost flat when i reached home.... RUGI BESAR - time, money... wasted!!!

Case 2 - Agreed to purchase a vintage pocket watch
          - seller inform the hands is rusted before cod with my fren
          - he said he missed it and apologized for this
          - i suggested to him a price with discount, bcoz i hv a set of spare hands....
          - seller agreed and deal done

Offline adrian

Re: 2 experience in a day
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 07:40:06 AM »
Just curious, is the MM300 seller from Puchong? I'm helping an Australian friend verify a MM300 before deal. Wonder if its the same one.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:21:35 AM »
i think i know who.....sigh...why cant seller be honest...
i dont mind seller putting up hefty price if he think that best for him....we buyer have right to choose....if we dont agree then we walk away...no pressure...
but pissed with seller claiming thing to be in certain condition...but instead it is not....
that is blatant lie...

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »
Chris lets see the pic of the nail in the tire hehe....

And yes the bezel was very tight....almost hard to turn.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »
What goes around comes around…

People in the used watch industry are well connected in a way that when ever a watch piece is thrown in the open market, this particular watch piece would float and flying around the market in a form of mms.

If this particular watch is in pristine condition, it would properly be snapped up in a blink of an eye, let alone waiting to be securitized by a third party.

It would just either the questionable condition or the price factors that keeps the particular watch from disposing off..

My 2 cents
dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »
Never gone through any buying experience as most of my purchase are through the AD or through a pre-loved watch dealer.
As for selling, so far all my selling experience has been good. All thanks to MWF :thumbsup:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline kltime

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »
Seller did not know he was dealing with a sifu  ;D

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
honesty bring continuous sales income...trust me....
the seller is a disgrace to all horology community....sigh...i am disappointed with what happened.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
the guy posted for sale in FB is not the owner. he is at penang likely
the seller stay at setia wangsa

i posted my experience in that FB, the guy posted for sale launch an attack... very rude, alot of personal attack and he even attack on mwf which got nothing to do with it just that he heard i'm moderator of mwf!!!

he said i find excuses to bargain!
1. ask him y he he describe of watch fullset and like new but the clasp has scratches....
    HE SAID LIKE = NOT NEW, WATCH LIKE NEW DONST MEAN BRACELET LIKE NEW

2. ask him why the watch in KL he asked me to either COD in Penang or bank in money to his account he post it!!!
    HE SAID I"M STUPID, HE STAY AT PENANG WOH!!!

Human being can make mistake..... u may overlook a small scratch, a dust.... or even the rust especially when the crystal is old, crack.... but you must tell what you know before buyer pay!!!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 02:31:39 PM »
Just curious, is the MM300 seller from Puchong? I'm helping an Australian friend verify a MM300 before deal. Wonder if its the same one.

not sure its the same.....
but better check the bezel....  :Laughing_on_floor:

my experience with the original mm300 bezel is, it give me a feeling of very very bling... glossy & shiny!!! special painting! little brownish on certain angle....

but the one i checked yesterday was different, the bezel is black, dull... not glossy for sure!

Offline fistball

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »
NExt time, just not deal v the same seller. Also, try to get a new watch since seiko is not that really expensive, consider a budget watch....just my 2 cents.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
NExt time, just not deal v the same seller. Also, try to get a new watch since seiko is not that really expensive, consider a budget watch....just my 2 cents.

woah seiko SM300 not really expensive? you must be loaded bro...

the watch brand new is already round USD2.6-2.8k
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
what a disgracement.
particularly hate it if the seller did not respect himself when he is lying about the condition of the watch he is selling. i would ask for close up photo before meet up for detail inspection, trying to avoid unnecessary.

fistball, this 300mm is not ordinary seiko, cost rm7-8k when brand new and if happen to deal with one with luck! :)

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
some people just do not know watch-selling etiquette and ethics.. very very sad..  :Blue:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »
Very interesting development! The fb page mod deleted all the arguement between me n seller but left the gang assault replies. N not deleting the sales post?

If this happen in Mwf, I guess 1st is to delete the sales post till the seller clarify the Watch condition!!!

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »
As most of us here that are into watches, we must know that this poison is never ending...
The search for a grail is also never ending...
Once got a "grail"... another one will pop up soon enough and is also of "grail" status.
Why can't ppl make buying and selling more enjoyable to all?
Why wanna make a couple of extra bucks by using tactics like these?
A few extra bucks can buy you something, but it certainly can't buy you a reputation...
I am considered one of the lucky ones as my buying and selling is all problem free... touch wood!!
I am saddened by what happened and it will be a good experience for all of us.
Damn the flat tire.... but most important is you got home safe. :thumbsup:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
wahh..penangite..? i must be careful loh...

`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 12:59:58 PM »
Chris, thanks for sharing the experience, and I agreed, he should sounded to you up front, so dont waste each other time.

Well, Bro Fistball, Seiko has different range, MM300 or 600, is different grade, if you check out the Grand Seiko or Ananta, you will know what I mean. I was once like you teasing on my friend's Seiko and said he became "Water Fish", cause pay so much for his Seiko. but then it is part of learning process,  :Cheers:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline gck

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
i bought a tag heuer from one guy on mudah that day.
I ask about service history, he said he serviced the watch in one shop in klang,
no receipt, and warranty card date also altered. but nvm coz warranty expired anyhow.
i bought it, paid and drive to LMVH for battery change (not that no battery but for peace of mind)
reach lmvh, sifu open up, battery leak, crown gasket worn, need overhaul service cause RM400.
Call the seller, explained to him and after that got a refund.
Thank god!

BTW, i am new here nice to meet you all.

Offline sshark

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »
Chris, thanks for sharing the experience, and I agreed, he should sounded to you up front, so dont waste each other time.

Well, Bro Fistball, Seiko has different range, MM300 or 600, is different grade, if you check out the Grand Seiko or Ananta, you will know what I mean. I was once like you teasing on my friend's Seiko and said he became "Water Fish", cause pay so much for his Seiko. but then it is part of learning process,  :Cheers:

I myself was humbled  and the joke was on me, many times ... aiii.. growing pains... what dun kill u makes u stronger.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
V, member of Mwf shd 1st tell ourselves:

if I myself putting up any watch for sale... I will describe to best of my knowledge of the watch n must not hide the problem if I'm aware....