Author Topic: Watch Shop tour  (Read 6620 times)

Offline WatchMeNoHands

Watch Shop tour
« on: May 26, 2020, 09:11:39 PM »
I'm planning to head down to KL when this is over and go for a tour. Planning to buy a watch with a budget around 10k. New or used doesnt matter. So far i'm eyeing the Tag Aquaracer. However I would like to try other brands as well. Where will be a good place to spend a day browing? I've read about Amcorp mall as one. Will also be going to the usual places like Pavillion to check out the ADs.

Offline dpkong

Re: Watch Shop tour
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 08:06:07 AM »

Find a way down and shop now. I think many AD will be more accommodating on discounts with all the tourists gone. Do update us.

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:20:26 AM »
The tag AD in Kuching would only give me a maximum of 15% though.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 07:00:41 PM »
The tag AD in Kuching would only give me a maximum of 15% though.

That fella got too much money... family business is like that

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:04:16 PM »
Haha stuck up fella

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 07:13:12 PM »

Offline oldisgold

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 07:19:26 PM »
If you're into pre owned watches, can head over to Berjaya Times Square 6th floor. Pavilion got the ADs and boutiques. Both are within walking distance of each other.

Have fun!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 07:27:45 PM »
Thanks! Just what I’m looking for.

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 08:32:48 PM »
Haha stuck up fella

:Cheers:

Hey! Just realised youre from Kuching too! Any good watch shops  too? Theres a secondhand shop in Cityone and Viva as well, unfortunately, similar pattern to Spring.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 09:36:39 PM »
Haha stuck up fella

Hey! Just realised youre from Kuching too! Any good watch shops  too? Theres a secondhand shop in Cityone and Viva as well, unfortunately, similar pattern to Spring.

They have their regular clients who spends tens of thousands, i suppose. What I would do is look online to get a good inkling of what I can get to maximize my dollar, list down my options and go out to look for those particular watches. If I am in your shoes and have your budget, I would go with a pre-owned omega sea master. If I absolutely must buy new, then I would consider the Tag you suggest, Ball Hydrocarbon, Longines Legend Diver, some Bell and Ross or Sinn U1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »
Thanks for the tip! A pre owned seamaster is also on the list. I’ll have a look when I’m down.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 09:58:18 AM »
ya agree with Dpkong that many AD will accommodate on the discount... you may try the gardens also... few AD there...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 07:31:46 PM »
If you're into pre owned watches, can head over to Berjaya Times Square 6th floor. Pavilion got the ADs and boutiques. Both are within walking distance of each other.

Have fun!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last few times I was there, the owners pretend not to see me when I tried to get in. Only shop worth looking up is a shop where you can meet one of out members here ....

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 07:33:56 PM »
Please recommend which one. Haha

Offline dpkong

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 07:35:01 PM »
Haha stuck up fella

Your budget is too low for them to entertain you. The one at Viva is friendlier and posts regularly on FB with new pieces.

Cityone actually has two shops but you likely get the same treatment if you've only got 10k to spend.

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 07:36:26 PM »
Ya actually the Viva one was pretty friendly. The other one in cityone was also okay also, they just didn’t have what I wanted.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 07:36:46 PM »
Haha stuck up fella

They have their regular clients who spends tens of thousands, i suppose. What I would do is look online to get a good inkling of what I can get to maximize my dollar, list down my options and go out to look for those particular watches. If I am in your shoes and have your budget, I would go with a pre-owned omega sea master. If I absolutely must buy new, then I would consider the Tag you suggest, Ball Hydrocarbon, Longines Legend Diver, some Bell and Ross or Sinn U1.

If you look at what's in the display, it looks like a lot more than tens of thousands...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
Please recommend which one. Haha

Just browse L6

Offline dpkong

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 07:47:45 PM »
Ya actually the Viva one was pretty friendly. The other one in cityone was also okay also, they just didn’t have what I wanted.

Actually, the other one at Cityone does have a lot of used watches under 10k. You just have to ask about them. Might be a bit old though.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 07:47:35 AM »

Actually, the other one at Cityone does have a lot of used watches under 10k. You just have to ask about them. Might be a bit old though.

Agreed. Since not many choices at that budget, really must know what we want and see if they have it. I must say once in a while I do find hidden gems at both outlets.

Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Varma8

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2020, 08:27:19 AM »
For 10k budget, lots of options to choose from. Pre-owned is the way to go. Really good pieces at that price. Timesquare and AmCorp mall would be a good place to start.
I like lots of watches but can only afford a few

Offline CroMov

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 09:24:17 AM »
If you looking for new watches, they are pretty much focus in garden, pavillion, starhill etc. and prewoned watches can be found in timesquare, starling mall, amcorp mall etc.

Offline WatchMeNoHands

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2020, 09:54:13 AM »
For the preowned ones, I am concerned about authenticity. Those places you mentioned are fine right?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2020, 09:55:42 PM »
For the preowned ones, I am concerned about authenticity. Those places you mentioned are fine right?

Authenticity should not be an issue but be sure they put the warranty period on the receipt and make them add a clause to provide full refund if turns out faulty not because of your negligence. I got a lemon once but luckily it still had factory warranty and I took with up with the manufacture instead.

Offline ivanpei

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 07:58:02 AM »
Timesquare Level 6 West Wing is the way to go. Like an earlier poster said, for 10k a preowned Omega/Tudor is best. Any preowned Seamaster or Black bay is great. Try to get the full set with box and papers. At the minimum with papers. The level 6 shops in Timesquare are pretty reputable. They won't risk their reputation to con 10k IMO.