Author Topic: Forbes article by Jack Forster.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Kennypane

Forbes article by Jack Forster.
« on: September 23, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »
A casual reading for those who at least has one Rolex in your collection. I can think of Jacky, Tyler, Enkidu, dpKong, Terence, Takashi, Chris and most of you has one, I think.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jackforster/2012/09/03/the-rolex-problem-a-semi-rational-look-at-the-worlds-most-recognized-watch/

I come to my own conclusion, imo, that the brand itself, Rolex, either you like it or you don't. Why always buy Honda and Toyota kind of concept. And sooner or later, no matter how many Pateks
you own, it can never take a beating like Rolex. How many people whom we know really wear their Pateks or other brands and when their watches get ding or scars, they don't skip a hearbeart. Very few.

It may come sooner for watch wearers out there to realize there is only one brand that can withstand it all. I realize not too late that reliability and endurance in a watch can be had earlier if I knew which brand to go for then. I would have bought all Rolexes. No regrets as this is a learning process. I need another GMT Rolex to end what I wish to end in buying watches which I have not come to conclusion. Damn!

Offline tonykpk

Re: Forbes article by Jack Forster.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »
No matter what or how many love to hate the rollie, the guys at the pawn shops love it most..Thanks for sharing Kenny, regards tony..