Author Topic: Seiko SRP453J1  (Read 4563 times)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Seiko SRP453J1
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
Baby tuna... possibly the cheapest way to get those traffic light sweep seconds hand....

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: Seiko SRP453J1
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:31:04 AM »
Another nice set of pics.
Love the smiley ball... hehehe
I wonder how Seiko make the bezels.
They look really shiny... ceramic like in the pics.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »
Nice, thanks for sharing.

Shooting wise, I find it a bit overexposed, thus slightly washed out.

Your 1st set SRP451 is perfect thou.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:57:21 AM »
Yeah it is over exposed. Looks like still need to sit with my back against the light (window) and lower the ISO and not be lazy and start using a tripod.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
Pics aren't too bad, nicely thought out and yes slightly over exposed, but can be fixed a little with some PP. I wanna try to take some pics of watches too, so this was a good 'tutorial'  :D

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 08:52:02 AM »
Yeah it is over exposed. Looks like still need to sit with my back against the light (window) and lower the ISO and not be lazy and start using a tripod.

Overexpose should mean that either exposure too long or aperture too wide or ISO too high, compensate any one of those will correct it. Aperture adjustment will affect the DOF (depth of field) thou, and the different can be very obvious especially shooting macro, so do put that into account. Sometimes composition also affect the exposure, especially harsh light, so do also see where the light source is coming from and how the subject is lit. Camera metering can sometime be fooled, especially matrix metering, thus spot or center-weight metering will come in handy in macro shooting.
IMHO, nothing wrong with this ISO setting as noise is not even a problem here. I think just change the angle of light source and put camera into slightly faster shutter speed (maybe half stop) will do, and with faster shutter speed the camera should be even easier to handheld actually.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »

Overexpose should mean that either exposure too long or aperture too wide or ISO too high, compensate any one of those will correct it. Aperture adjustment will affect the DOF (depth of field) thou, and the different can be very obvious especially shooting macro, so do put that into account. Sometimes composition also affect the exposure, especially harsh light, so do also see where the light source is coming from and how the subject is lit. Camera metering can sometime be fooled, especially matrix metering, thus spot or center-weight metering will come in handy in macro shooting.
IMHO, nothing wrong with this ISO setting as noise is not even a problem here. I think just change the angle of light source and put camera into slightly faster shutter speed (maybe half stop) will do, and with faster shutter speed the camera should be even easier to handheld actually.

Thanks for the tips.

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »

Thanks for the tips.

You're most welcome.

I myself is learning too, and often run head first into brick wall.