Author Topic: The official 2011 Formula-1 season thread  (Read 50819 times)

Offline takashi78

Re: The official 2011 Formula-1 season thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 03:04:23 PM »
Practice one.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 03:47:02 PM »
Wooo..honestly, the crashing moment is what i hope for :D i know i'm bad  :HammerHead:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
Then you better off watch NASCAR haha

Offline takashi78

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »
Race is said and done.
Too much passing? Too easy?
I say its good and makes for not so boring "racing".

I feel F1 should move towards more mechanical grip rather than aero so that we bring back more true overtaking.

And how bout that Kobayashi fell eh? FANTASTIC !
Going from dead last to 10th to score points, if only his Sauber didnt had problems during qualifying.

M Schu to me now just looks like a desperate old man trying to survive.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 03:12:25 PM »
I missed the quali but managed to get my Astro installed and working for the race day...HD baby...but cant say i am impressed....just so so....

Great race nonetheless....

You said it well, yes Schumi is so desperate, but i also want him to succeed...it is like a motivating thinggy for me...like the odd...hate him when he is so untouchable before, now love him when is so weak...hope he can at least clinch a win once before he put down his helmet forever...

komui make great race,i am not surprised....the undisputed king of overtaking...what do you expect....i suspect he got the kamikaze blood in him....he make great F1 driver...

vettel had too perfect race, not even contested ...so boring for him...but alonso and webber drama quite nice...also love massa, nice, shcumi, button , petrov and nick battle, they make good race...

for a reason or another, i feel like HRT , Virgin and Team lotus driving in reverse gear....but they manage to get lots of tV view , everytime the rest passed em....intresting huh.....

nico make great start eh...but too bad that is about it for him....

i would love to see Jenson to win more...and become a double world champion someday...i just like him.....

So what is next ? Barcelona is it ? cant wait .....

Offline takashi78

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 06:19:28 AM »
Alonso with Ferrari until end of 2016

Fernando Alonso has signed a new deal with Ferrari until the end of the 2016 season, extending his current contract with the Maranello-based squad by an extra four years. The Spaniard - who had a deal that would have lasted through to the end of 2012 - announced the agreement on Thursday, with the Oviedo-born man and his team-mate Felipe Massa opening an official Ferrari store in Barcelona.

"I am very happy to have reached this agreement," Alonso told the gathered media, including GPUpdate.net. "I immediately felt comfortable and privileged within Ferrari and now it feels to me like a second family.

"I have the utmost faith in the men and women who work in Maranello and in those who lead them: it is therefore natural for me to decide to extend my relationship in the long term like this, with a team at which I will no doubt end my Formula 1 career one day."

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo added: "It is a great pleasure to have renewed our agreement with a driver who has always demonstrated a winning mentality even in the most difficult circumstances.

"Fernando has all the required qualities, both technically and personally to play a leading role in the history of Ferrari and I hope he will be enriching it with further wins very soon."

Offline takashi78

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 06:26:32 AM »

No F1 paddock is complete without some Jessica hehe

Heiki still wearing his B&R phantom

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 07:53:42 AM »
Nice photo there, well Alonso definitely a superb driver, he is the one beat Michael with Renault car while Michael still drove Ferrari. But to me, I like Massa as the driver, even after the accident happen, he manage to overcome it and back to the track...way to go Bro..

I dont like Lewis Hamilton, no offense to Lewis Hamilton fan, just personal preference, but I do like Hamilton watch  :Laughing_on_floor:

Well hope some surprise in this season  :Cheers:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline takashi78

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »
Well at that era Alonso just had a much better car than Michael.
That time was where traction control was still in place and you can see from the start and out of corners the Renaults just is so much faster.

Massa i am still not impressed too much this season.

The surprise would be if Merc suddenly getting a win LOL.

Offline siodee

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 08:14:03 AM »
Haha, I agree with you that the Car plays major role, but same as Mickie where he got the best car in those Era, I just wonder if both of them were to drive Ferrari now and race, who will win??? Same car different driver, fair chance

The big surprise if Lotus Renault win... :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 08:22:58 AM »
No surprise on Lotus Renault as they were on podium 2 times already this season.

Best is just throw these ppl in karts.

Offline siodee

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »
Sorry I mean Team Lotus, cause the name is confuse, in the team standing, "Lotus Renault" is named as "Renault" and "Team Lotus" is named as "Lotus Renault"  :Confused:...all of the sudden, so many Renault and Lotus name pops out. Remind me of ETA for the watch... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »
Well what does everyone think bout Barcelona?

To me well done to Nick & Kamui going from the back and scoring points. Who says Nick is not competitive anymore.

I cant understand why Alonso couldnt win as he was on such good pace. I think Vettel's pit strategy is just better than him.

Whats up with Ferrari pit times? 5.7 sec change compared to Redbull who is always under 4 secs.

Offline siodee

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2011, 04:04:28 PM »
Car problem for Ferrari, but I must say Red Bull and Mclaren have done good job, Vettel is getting better and better, let's see the rest of the games, he can pull off or not... :Cheers:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 06:15:05 AM »
So fast its Monaco this weekend.
But before that some football action.

Offline siodee

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 07:14:22 AM »
Monaco is one of the best track to see a lot of actions, Congrat to Vettel again, what a race...

Offline takashi78

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »
Looks like Wirth technologies and Virgin racing split, hmmm...maybe all CFD design is not the way to go afterall.

Virgin cars i dont see any improvements at all.

Offline siodee

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 07:51:22 AM »
Just drop by and congrat Ferrari first podium win for this season. Well done Alonso  :thumbsup:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 08:04:38 AM »
Great, i thought this thread was dead haha.

Well done Ferrari but i think if it was not for the mistake Redbull did during their pitstop Alonso couldnt have won it.

But great effort by Massa also, missed it by that much haha....

Damit MS is starting to look like Coulthard, crashing into people almost every race.

Offline siodee

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 08:29:10 AM »
Pete, where got die so fast? season not yet over ma. Everytimes also Vettel, so no need to report lor...

MS need to be noticed, he is either be the champion or famous in some other form, so he decide to be the crash king before he retire from F1 again, at least some action ma.. :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »
Hey, i wonder if this show "Senna" did have any release in malaysia cinema? 

I watched it and I cried in the end  :'( :'( :'(

Offline takashi78

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2011, 12:09:53 AM »
Did it premier in AU?
Or download?

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011, 07:10:07 AM »
Did it premier in AU?
Or download?

Nope, i did not download it. I go to cinema and watch. I am surprised at first when i first heard the cinema here will screen this docu. I nearly end up buying myself dvd from ebay. Recommended to any F1 kaki and non f1 kaki (if you dont mind the slow start). I hope they will release the dvd here.

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
I think generally Malaysian's motors sport does not have much wide coverage. Take SIC for example. There are actually stacks of local races lined up for the year eg..Saturday nite race, drag race, motor bikes, club events etc., but we hardly read or hear about them in the main stream media.
We only came to know of such sports from car mags and occasionally a small article in the papers , after the event.

How would the Sports Ministry going to promote Malaysian motors sport with such low exposure. To get people to fill up the seats in SIC for any major event, they need to get as wide coverage as possible, which includes free televised races or even teasers in main stream tv stations.

Now, folks without Astro would not be able to watch F1 or know about the going ons in that motors sport. Soon, the interest will fade and SIC will get even fewer crowds.