Author Topic: Homages and Microbrand  (Read 2896 times)

Offline agbyee

Homages and Microbrand
« on: May 27, 2021, 09:05:47 PM »
Would you guys consider getting a homage watch especially the China made ones like San Martin or Steeldive?
I have purchased an MM300 steeldive, looks ok not bad but just having doubts on the actual quality as a real dive watch. It says 300m but might fail you after the first 10meters who knows.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:12:44 PM by agbyee »

Offline pleasuresaurus

Re: Homages and Microbrand
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:56:47 PM »
I would rather just get a rep than a homage la to be honest. I'd rather it looks convincingly like what its trying to copy rather than pretend to be something else  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 07:15:42 AM »
I would rather just get a rep than a homage la to be honest. I'd rather it looks convincingly like what its trying to copy rather than pretend to be something else  :Laughing_on_floor:

and probably cheaper too...

:Laughing_on_floor:

or maybe not... saw some rep for sale online asking nearly 2k but supposedly 1:1 ...

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 08:15:07 AM »
 Strong wind at the moment, probably thats why. Quite a lot of active raids on thier manufacturers it seems. NoobFactory confirm closed shop sadly, they made some of the best 1:1 on the market

Offline dpkong

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 09:49:58 AM »

:Startled:    didn't know about the brand till you mention it...

no joke the prices    :o   .. I'm really curious what the quality is like??

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 12:54:05 PM »
Level of quality varies la, from really kurap to really ho liao. U could start by looking at what are called nwbig (not worth buying it genuine).  This is to some extent a function of the gen manufacturer's level of quality and finishing - which is why u will see a lot of Panerai in this segment.

I don't really wanna go into too much detail on this for fear of derailing the thread, and risk being misconstrued as promoting reps la. But for what its worth, with the outward quality of reps becoming scarily better and better, I honestly feel that any serious WIS worth his salt who is interested in the commonly known watch brands on the market needs to arm themselves with knowledge of these reps, if only so they don't get ripped off.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 12:59:39 PM by pleasuresaurus »