Author Topic: Tudor Chrono 2021  (Read 10424 times)

Offline W3ll

Re: Tudor Chrono 2021
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2021, 11:05:27 PM »
the AD i get from requires full payment. But also means guarantee can get la i guess...just a matter of time. the steel bracelet version may take around 2 months estimate, but the leather strap one has better availability, especially in black.

2 months for bracelet is not too bad..

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2021, 10:33:28 AM »
the AD i get from requires full payment. But also means guarantee can get la i guess...just a matter of time. the steel bracelet version may take around 2 months estimate, but the leather strap one has better availability, especially in black.

It's a moving number though...since they don't know what they will get in the box...the "Rolex" way

Offline XuinTan

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2021, 01:56:43 PM »
Stunning pieces..
Btw is it using same bezel part with Daytona?

Offline Mushroom Boy

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »

Watatime?  ::)

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2021, 06:28:41 PM »

Watatime?  ::)

Yup...haha

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2021, 06:29:28 PM »
Stunning pieces..
Btw is it using same bezel part with Daytona?

No, the Tudor BB Chrono uses non-ceramic - aluminium insert.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 06:31:06 PM by bulletnos »

Offline W3ll

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 07:31:49 AM »

It's a moving number though...since they don't know what they will get in the box...the "Rolex" way

I guess for watatime if you manage to jump into the queue with full payment during the first or 2nd day of launch you should be able to get the watch within 2-3 months, those that subsequently join the list will probably end up being told a minimum of 6 months.. now most AD already say is going to be 12 months wait.. not sure if the stock is limited or the demand is too great.. quite blown away by the waitlist duration

Offline Mushroom Boy

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2021, 12:54:27 PM »
Leather or bracelet? Black or white? :Confused:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »

I guess for watatime if you manage to jump into the queue with full payment during the first or 2nd day of launch you should be able to get the watch within 2-3 months, those that subsequently join the list will probably end up being told a minimum of 6 months.. now most AD already say is going to be 12 months wait.. not sure if the stock is limited or the demand is too great.. quite blown away by the waitlist duration

A long wait period may not be good for Tudor. Their designs are not like Rolex and people may lose interest by the time their turn is up. The 12 months wait might suddenly be shorter. So if the AD calls you earlier than expected, it means a lot of others may have decided to let it go.

Offline XuinTan

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2021, 10:03:12 PM »
Alright, here we go again.. few years later there will be new model with ceramic bezel I guess

Offline W3ll

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2021, 07:47:35 AM »

A long wait period may not be good for Tudor. Their designs are not like Rolex and people may lose interest by the time their turn is up. The 12 months wait might suddenly be shorter. So if the AD calls you earlier than expected, it means a lot of others may have decided to let it go.

Most ADs are accepting full payment to a certain substantial amount to lock your position in queue, not sure whether are they refundable. Also i believe they no longer accept any more payment to get into queue since they know the queue already going beyond 1 year..

Offline dpkong

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2021, 09:32:07 AM »

Most ADs are accepting full payment to a certain substantial amount to lock your position in queue, not sure whether are they refundable. Also i believe they no longer accept any more payment to get into queue since they know the queue already going beyond 1 year..

We shall see in due time if the demand is there. Full payment to lock a position isn't very difficult for a 20k watch. If it's a gamble, then surely they are hoping the demand stays especially if the payment is non-refundable although I would think you could opt for a different brand/model and pony up the difference.

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2021, 03:41:57 PM »
Very strong demand worldwide for the white dial as it takes after the classic Daytona 6263, clearing over US$100k at auctions.
So at US$4.8k, the Tudor’s a big bargain as the Daytona’s cousin.
The KL boutique has stopped taking deposits and signups for the “interest” list for the white.
The white with bracelet wait time is up to 12 months, and longer for the other ADs as the boutique gets the stocks first.
Whatever Tudor launches on May 25th, they won't outsell the 2021 Chrono hailed by so many reviews as Tudor’s best ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2021, 04:19:10 PM »
And then the next "best Tudor" comes out  :Laughing_on_floor:

Miskin la ini macam

Offline dpkong

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2021, 06:34:57 PM »
Very strong demand worldwide for the white dial as it takes after the classic Daytona 6263, clearing over US$100k at auctions.
So at US$4.8k, the Tudor’s a big bargain as the Daytona’s cousin.
The KL boutique has stopped taking deposits and signups for the “interest” list for the white.
The white with bracelet wait time is up to 12 months, and longer for the other ADs as the boutique gets the stocks first.
Whatever Tudor launches on May 25th, they won't outsell the 2021 Chrono hailed by so many reviews as Tudor’s best ever.

Seriously, there is so little in common between the Tudor chrono and the 6263 other than they're both chrono and the Tudor doesn't even have an hour counter.. 

Agree that the May 25th reveal would probably not be a big seller

And then the next "best Tudor" comes out  :Laughing_on_floor:

Miskin la ini macam

hype machine in overdrive... the market now buys watches based on what reviewers say about it and potential profit on flipping, not whether seeing the watch gives you a "wow" feeling.

Offline strinq

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2021, 08:15:54 PM »
Remember all the hype around the BB58 gilt and blue?
Now it's available everywhere.

I think the wait is just for Tudor to be able to catch up on production. I believe they will be available for the masses like the BB58's. Just a personal opinion.

Also, love the white dial but the visibility is terrible.
I post pictures of watches in nature:

https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

And do some reviews and fun videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVxZDlFy4dvSUz5Nwz2Ocw

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2021, 08:28:05 PM »
Didn't say anything about commonality with the 6263 to the extent it’s a mirror image, or a pretender.
I said it “takes after” the 6263, the common perception of watch reviewers and enthusiasts in the major watch forums. That’s why white is in demand.
On its own, it’s a great wearing and looking watch for just RM20k, an amazing price point and value for money.
And no, I don’t feel like Paul Newnan wearing it, but my Paul Newman is much safer in the safe.
The BB58 Blue was hype and hyperbole, but lived up to them. The Chrono was sprung on the market without any promo blitz like the BB58 Blue, but the watch community was instantly drawn to it for the above reasons, fueling a strong demand.
In short, the Chrono is a cheap watch relative to Rolex but punches the weight of Rolex.

Offline BOBOWONDERLAND

• Freshie
Tudor Chrono 2021
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2021, 09:08:01 PM »
As long as is not steel bracelet, u can easily get it in 1-3 months time. I been surveying all the AD & boutique in KLANG VALLEY. For those who really interested, just drop by any WATATIME make a full payment to reserve it. AS FOR Other BOUTIQUE they will only put you on waiting list, but they prior those who has purchased records with them.
Chances of getting one in WATATIME is very high compare to other ADs and boutique.
BLACK DIAL steel bracelet (3-6 months)
BLACK DIAL leather strap ( u may get one straight in any WATATIME if ure lucky) do drop a visit in SUNWAY PYRAMID
BLACK dial nato strap probably can get within a month or two

White dial steel bracelet ( probably half year ) currently 4x waiting list ahead and who already has made a full payment ( WATATIME )
White dial leather strap ( waiting list probably 1-2 months or even 3 in WATATIME )
White dial nato strap ( same as leather white dial )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 09:10:26 PM by BOBOWONDERLAND »

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2021, 08:44:12 AM »

Whoa. Great job man. You deserve a bracelet white, if you don't have one!
My contacts at the Sporean owned ADs tell me they’re not getting like 5 to 10 pieces for the bracelet models in each shipment.
It's more like 1 to 3 pieces, and if the trend continues, they feel the bracelet chronos will end up as an “incentive allocation,” like the Rolex steel models, based on how fast they move the less demanded models. That seems to be the common perception among dealers, reviewers and enthusiasts in overseas watch forums.
Locally, the bracelet white is selling around a 40% premium, and 25% to 30% for the black in grey markets. But the white chrono would be wasted if flipped for profit as it’s such an amazing watch to own and wear. Keep it!

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2021, 09:03:33 AM »
https://youtu.be/nexM3uPYFy8

Very, very cool review of the Chrono, with video shot in Venice!

Offline dpkong

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2021, 10:00:04 AM »

Didn't say anything about commonality with the 6263 to the extent it’s a mirror image, or a pretender.
I said it “takes after” the 6263, the common perception of watch reviewers and enthusiasts in the major watch forums. That’s why white is in demand.
On its own, it’s a great wearing and looking watch for just RM20k, an amazing price point and value for money.
And no, I don’t feel like Paul Newnan wearing it, but my Paul Newman is much safer in the safe.
The BB58 Blue was hype and hyperbole, but lived up to them. The Chrono was sprung on the market without any promo blitz like the BB58 Blue, but the watch community was instantly drawn to it for the above reasons, fueling a strong demand.
In short, the Chrono is a cheap watch relative to Rolex but punches the weight of Rolex.

You look at a watch and you make your own decisions. Do you think it takes after the 6263 as well? Or just because a bunch of watch reviewers and enthusiasts say it "takes after the 6263" shapes your views as well?

White is in demand because clueless FOMO buyers and flippers want to cash in on "expert" comments. Grey dealers and flippers actively follow all the "experts" to see what the next hot model is.

It's not a great looking watch at all. The hour markers are faded against the white dial. It should have had black surrounds and the chrono without an hour totaliser seems incomplete. I'd say it's a fair looking watch and for this model, the black is nicer than the white. It's a buy at about 15k, not more.

I passed on this at retail because I don't agree what the "experts" say. Same for the Zenith Chronomaster.

Nice little trick dropping a hint that you own the original Paul Newman... does that make you an "expert" as well?

:Laughing_on_floor:

:Cheers:

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2021, 10:30:58 AM »

Easy tiger. Your messy rant can lead to some nasty exchanges, especially when it turns ad hominem. Cease and desist. Mutual respect for differences in opinion is the way to go.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »
Everyone has their right to enjoy the timepiece in their own capacity and view.

It is a nice watch for me personally, both black & white has its own beauty. I would prefer the white as I really like the panda combination. Visibility is not an issue at all for the white dial till I have seen it in real a few times. What could be perfect is to have shorter lug to lug and make it thinner.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2021, 06:53:48 PM »

Easy tiger. Your messy rant can lead to some nasty exchanges, especially when it turns ad hominem. Cease and desist. Mutual respect for differences in opinion is the way to go.

Not taking a swipe at you directly at all but it does look like I might have irked an investor... apologies are in order for that

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2021, 08:12:24 PM »
Waiting list may be long now; but my experience with the brand is just to wait. Agree with bro Strinq and that this is starting to be a common feature every year but soon stocks will be available in the AD. It was the same with the Black Bay GMT, then the Gilt and blue 58. So keep calm and wait for the call. Like bro pleasuresaurus mentioned as well, the next best Tudor may just be around the corner. Cheers.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy