Author Topic: Next piece suggestion for me  (Read 6406 times)

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
Next piece suggestion for me
« on: February 03, 2021, 03:17:58 PM »
Hi all, need your recommendation here.

My current list to get for my next watch includes :
1. Seiko
2. Hamilton
3. Orient
4. Citizen

Budget is anything below 2K MYR
Criteria : good movement, great accuracy for the value, least QC issue, solid watch for daily beater.

If none, I may have to join Apple Watch group from now on :(

Offline maxthecat80

• Freshie
Re: Next piece suggestion for me
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 05:34:31 PM »
skx007 seiko. google it.. u wont go wrong with this watch

the rubber strap it comes with is lousy, but watch should cost around myr700-800, which leaves u plenty to get some nice straps to replace it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline faizall

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 05:35:25 PM »
Hi Bro,

No worries. Each of the above brands have their one hidden gems for you & for me too. I might suggest Hamilton Khaki Field King Auto, a bit stretch to RM2400 if not mistaken but it come together with H40 movement (80hrs power reserve) this should be a killer. Timex Marlin is nice too. have that old vintage n simple vibe.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 05:49:34 PM »
Daily beater? Seiko 5

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 08:21:15 PM »

the rubber strap it comes with is lousy, but watch should cost around myr700-800, which leaves u plenty to get some nice straps to replace it

Urgh diver watch and this has high resemblance of my 2 other diver watch too :( but thanks for the suggestion anyway, could keep it in my list for future consideration

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 08:23:07 PM »
Hi Bro,

No worries. Each of the above brands have their one hidden gems for you & for me too. I might suggest Hamilton Khaki Field King Auto, a bit stretch to RM2400 if not mistaken but it come together with H40 movement (80hrs power reserve) this should be a killer. Timex Marlin is nice too. have that old vintage n simple vibe.

Omg this is actually on the top of my list as I do not have any field watch like that. Its quite tempting but I have to fork out more. And I’m also comparing to Seiko 5 atm which is way cheaper but not iconic enough like Khaki Field

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 08:24:03 PM »

Urgh diver watch and this has high resemblance of my 2 other diver watch too :( but thanks for the suggestion anyway, could keep it in my list for future consideration

Everyone is talking about seiko 5 like a god watch omg I’m beginning to view this model in different angle

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 09:23:57 PM »
Seiko5 mmg jahat bro

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 11:01:01 PM »
How about some homage watch? but have to top up a bit from your budget, can have a look at Steinhart.
If you like military watch, Victorinox INOX? Luminox?

Offline cvl003

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 06:26:11 AM »
U may consider Certina or Tissot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 10:32:03 AM »
Seiko5 mmg jahat bro

Huh ?!! Which reference code is this ?

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 10:34:41 AM »
U may consider Certina or Tissot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tissot is a no-no for me ???? too mainstream is like a hype. Want something more reputable, which seiko and Hamilton fits the word reputable.

But Certina hmm I have never check this out before, can you recommend few model for me ?

Offline cvl003

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 12:16:58 PM »
Hi, u may look up in the shopee, search for Certina Official Store. U can get diver watch (automatic) just slightly above rm2k. Or u may consider diver watch or other non-diver watch (all quartz) below rm2k  :D

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 03:09:29 PM »
Seiko5 mmg jahat bro

Wah the Poison is strong in this one...!

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »
Hi, u may look up in the shopee, search for Certina Official Store. U can get diver watch (automatic) just slightly above rm2k. Or u may consider diver watch or other non-diver watch (all quartz) below rm2k  :D

Thanks for the pointer bro ???????? I might have seen the logo in sunway pyramid haha

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 04:35:48 PM »
Huh ?!! Which reference code is this ?
Srpd79k1. Modded up the wazoo of course  ;D

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 04:39:47 PM »
Wah the Poison is strong in this one...!

Offline dspayre616

• dspayrelovewatch
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 11:20:32 AM »

1. Seiko
2. Hamilton
3. Orient
4. Citizen

Criteria : good movement, great accuracy for the value, least QC issue, solid watch for daily beater.

Really depends on the design of the watch that you are looking for actually… Below are some suggestions (that may need to stretch your budget slightly)

1. Diver Style = Seiko series (Sumo, SKX, Seiko 5, Samurai, etc), Yema (having a promo now), Steinhart, Squale
2. Flieger style =Damasko, Luminox
3. Dress Style = Ball watches (Engineer series), Oris, Mido, Tissot
4. Rugged = Casio GMWB500, Casio GA-2100

Noteworthy Microband = Aevig, Zelos, Boldr

But looking at your requirement of automatic, rugged and budget...  I think the only one that matches is Victorinox INOX?

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2021, 03:33:02 PM »

1. Seiko
2. Hamilton
3. Orient
4. Citizen

Really depends on the design of the watch that you are looking for actually… Below are some suggestions (that may need to stretch your budget slightly)

1. Diver Style = Seiko series (Sumo, SKX, Seiko 5, Samurai, etc), Yema (having a promo now), Steinhart, Squale
2. Flieger style =Damasko, Luminox
3. Dress Style = Ball watches (Engineer series), Oris, Mido, Tissot
4. Rugged = Casio GMWB500, Casio GA-2100

Noteworthy Microband = Aevig, Zelos, Boldr

But looking at your requirement of automatic, rugged and budget...  I think the only one that matches is Victorinox INOX?

Thanks mate :) I already have ball fireman, when you mentioned engineer I assume it’s the thin variant ? Definitely double of my current budget.

As for the rest of the brands you mentioned oh my, never heard of it. Will definitely check them out !
As for rugged, I’m not really a fan :( but perhaps I can get one for my dad.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2021, 07:22:07 AM »
Hamilton Khaki would be my go-to recommendation
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Cocas

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 08:45:42 AM »
With this "great accuracy for the value" in mind, just go for quartz or smartwatch.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 09:04:58 AM »
I am going to go against the grain and suggest something completely different. As you have mentioned before, you already have diver watches and a ball. The engineer series is not thin and can be quite thick as most will have water resistance of over 300m.

So I will happily recommend the Apple Watch. While I don’t have one, I would have got one if I didn’t need reading glasses to even see the messages on my phone. Hence the watch will have smaller text and I don’t want to grab my glasses or wear them everywhere I go. The ease of having not to bring your phone out every time a messg comes in. Having Siri on your wrist. Heart rate monitor and with the latest update, you will not have to enter an unlocking code for your phone because faceid does not work with your mask. There are so many benefits to having this watch, but then again, everyone and his second cousin will have one. Which is what I like, I don’t want to stand out in the crowd...and just “blend in”...

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2021, 11:34:01 AM »
Hamilton Khaki would be my go-to recommendation

Someone recommended above. But damn since when the price went up ? I remember it was around 2k ++ like 5 years back.

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2021, 11:35:45 AM »
I am going to go against the grain and suggest something completely different. As you have mentioned before, you already have diver watches and a ball. The engineer series is not thin and can be quite thick as most will have water resistance of over 300m.

So I will happily recommend the Apple Watch. While I don’t have one, I would have got one if I didn’t need reading glasses to even see the messages on my phone. Hence the watch will have smaller text and I don’t want to grab my glasses or wear them everywhere I go. The ease of having not to bring your phone out every time a messg comes in. Having Siri on your wrist. Heart rate monitor and with the latest update, you will not have to enter an unlocking code for your phone because faceid does not work with your mask. There are so many benefits to having this watch, but then again, everyone and his second cousin will have one. Which is what I like, I don’t want to stand out in the crowd...and just “blend in”...

Huhu I know right seems like this might be my last resort (going to be) that I may end up with

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »
With this "great accuracy for the value" in mind, just go for quartz or smartwatch.

Already have one too :( it’s a plain white sub-second.
Unless you are referring to GS Springdrive Snowflake ? ???? haha