Author Topic: Rolex Prices Tanking  (Read 61814 times)

Offline ray6969

• Freshie
Re: Rolex Prices Tanking
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2021, 01:14:06 PM »
I'm a newcomer to the luxury watch market. Rolex, ADs and grey market dealers can play all these games but I refuse to participate. I would love to get any Rolex but I aint paying inflated prices. They might as well be creating a Rolex bubble. Rolex has always been desirable and not freely available. A lot thought that real estate market would only go up and then it crashed and now it has rebounded to crazier levels. For luxury items, which are mostly fads, it only takes the economy taking a mild downturn and luxury items get dumped or remain unsold.

Offline alan2222

« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2021, 01:15:20 PM »
With the re-introduction of Batman in Oyster, do u think the grey 116510 blnr will drop in prices now?

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Who cares if you get it at retail?  Only "investors" worry
It is almost impossible to get from my side of the world unless I bundle buy

Offline W3ll

« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2021, 02:41:34 PM »
I'm a newcomer to the luxury watch market. Rolex, ADs and grey market dealers can play all these games but I refuse to participate. I would love to get any Rolex but I aint paying inflated prices. They might as well be creating a Rolex bubble. Rolex has always been desirable and not freely available. A lot thought that real estate market would only go up and then it crashed and now it has rebounded to crazier levels. For luxury items, which are mostly fads, it only takes the economy taking a mild downturn and luxury items get dumped or remain unsold.

Looking forward for the day where all these "investors" start throwing their piece when bubble burst

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2021, 02:57:24 PM »
Almost everyone been hoping for rolex price drop since 2000 (Daytona), and see what happen to the pricing now?

It’s the ‘Hard to Get’ that add strength to the brand ....

If price stagnant Rolex can easily stop the production of certain model and drip their client for years again...certainly they are expert in handling their own ‘bubbles’

Offline ray6969

• Freshie
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2021, 03:17:21 PM »
Almost everyone been hoping for rolex price drop since 2000 (Daytona), and see what happen to the pricing now?

If price stagnant Rolex can easily stop the production of certain model and drip their client for years again...certainly they are expert in handling their own ‘bubbles’
Demand and supply.. Basic economics..everyone want a Rolex.. as their motto " A crown for every achievement "...supplies is limited but lots of demand..example mass production 800k till 1million unit per years world wide ..what if make it lots and lots productions ? solve the problem?

Sent from my CPH1715 using Tapatalk

Offline W3ll

« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2021, 03:46:56 PM »

so does the "hard to get" part you mention applies to the grey dealers as well?

Offline WestFly

• Freshie
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2021, 05:01:46 PM »
Grey market Rolex price is way too high nowadays.. gosh

Offline vans1088

« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2021, 04:43:27 PM »
Quite surprised to see the prices of Oyster Perpetuals nowadays :o

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2021, 03:16:57 PM »
Heard latest Pepsi (oyster) now grey at rm108k?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2021, 08:38:13 PM »
Heard latest Pepsi (oyster) now grey at rm108k?

If people are willing to pay then the grey dealers will keep raising the price...

I do notice few weeks back the steel Daytona had gone up to 160k but might not be moving at that price because it's still not sold at one site and some FB posts have lowered the price back to 130k which is also not moving apparently.

Offline legend888

« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2021, 08:39:44 PM »
Rolex batgirl is good

Offline XuinTan

• Freshie
« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2021, 02:51:04 PM »
Heard people say grey market Rolex price is dropping in HK last year, especially hulk and Batman
I don’t see any drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mikench

• Freshie
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2021, 07:02:31 PM »

Especially the newly launched colored ones. Insane.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2021, 07:36:18 PM »

Especially the newly launched colored ones. Insane.

You will see the same few watches listed by a few dealers and it doesn't seem to be moving at the asking prices. Now you can browse rolex.com and it will give RRP for all the models so you can see how ridiculous the prices the grey dealer are asking.

Why spend 60k for a 25k watch when there are so many other nicer options.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2021, 08:27:47 PM »
Heard people say grey market Rolex price is dropping in HK last year, especially hulk and Batman
I don’t see any drop

Just local dealers holding on to their prices. I hear the market is softer now. I highly doubt it can sustain at those prices. For those who bought a white dial Daytona at 160k, well, hope the instant gratification was worth it and that you enjoy wearing it.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2021, 09:38:29 AM »
I don’t see any drop

Just local dealers holding on to their prices. I hear the market is softer now. I highly doubt it can sustain at those prices. For those who bought a white dial Daytona at 160k, well, hope the instant gratification was worth it and that you enjoy wearing it.

Hopefully it was Bitcoin/Dogecoin profits...

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2021, 09:33:31 PM »
Hopefully it was Bitcoin/Dogecoin profits...

Well, with easy in, is normal for easy out. As long as they like the watch and plan to wear, I think no issue. But all those who had FOMO at 160k and looking to "invest"... well, good luck.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2021, 02:16:40 PM »
If we visit some of the grey dealers weekly we can see they already start to drop their asking/listing price gradually since the rolex announcement that flop all the grey dealer discontinuation speculation.

Offline alan2222

« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2021, 05:35:00 PM »
If we visit some of the grey dealers weekly we can see they already start to drop their asking/listing price gradually since the rolex announcement that flop all the grey dealer discontinuation speculation.
What was the announcement?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2021, 08:22:09 PM »
I will go to Rolex AD outlet that is within 8km from my house next week.

Testing how many Rolex stock available during MCO 3.0.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2021, 09:52:08 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen.. but to be honest not expecting anything other than empty display cases because all the good stuff would have been paid for and kept in the safe for collection.

Still there is always hope for that rare opportunity...

Offline Mushroom Boy

• Freshie
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2021, 12:13:28 PM »

Please keep us updated  8)

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2021, 10:53:21 AM »
'Friends of the brand' .....

Man, seeing all those Rollies just packed together like that, like so many sardine cans, really puts things in perspective. Merepek dah la brand ni.

https://youtu.be/2LAls6AdvXQ

Offline W3ll

« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2021, 01:25:09 PM »

Man, seeing all those Rollies just packed together like that, like so many sardine cans, really puts things in perspective. Merepek dah la brand ni.

Got to thank the grey dealers + the grey buyers that is continuously fueling this ridiculous game

Offline dpkong

« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2021, 06:50:22 PM »

Got to thank the grey dealers + the grey buyers that is continuously fueling this ridiculous game

You should listen to some of the FB live sales sessions by grey dealers have....  edging buyers to believe they will never get the desirable models at retail and to buy before prices go up again..  and young people who just got interested never realise many models were never desirable in the first place.. when sub dates were available at a discount, when nobody wanted the Sub no date or Yachtmaster or GMT even....

pic from 10 years ago.... and 20% off was very possible..