Author Topic: Rolex Explorer II REAL OR FAKE?  (Read 10168 times)

Offline Mushroom Boy

• Freshie
Re: Rolex Explorer II REAL OR FAKE?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »
Hey guys, was looking through the search and this was the closest thread I found where I thought I could raise my concern.

No offence to anyone, please, apologies in advance if I do...but I can’t help but notice a recent Rolex Exp II 16570 sale in this forum that had a very suspicious looking date window/cyclops magnification (you may look for pictures there) . I’m not out to hang anyone out to dry, but perhaps even the seller may not have realised , who happened to recently join this forum. But I thought that since this is indeed a reputable watch forum, we should be discussing such technicalities and prevent any potential counterfeits from creeping in here.

What do you guys think? Let’s have an objective discussion, and again, I am not looking to accuse anyone, it could be purely out of ignorance, and I on the other hand could be wrong.

Cheers

Yup I have noticed that too.  ??? ??? The date was not MAGNIFIED big enough. Usually the date should fill up most of the cyclops, leaving very little blank space. I could be wrong  ;D ;D

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2021, 10:21:39 AM »
Hey guys, was looking through the search and this was the closest thread I found where I thought I could raise my concern.

No offence to anyone, please, apologies in advance if I do...but I can’t help but notice a recent Rolex Exp II 16570 sale in this forum that had a very suspicious looking date window/cyclops magnification (you may look for pictures there) . I’m not out to hang anyone out to dry, but perhaps even the seller may not have realised , who happened to recently join this forum. But I thought that since this is indeed a reputable watch forum, we should be discussing such technicalities and prevent any potential counterfeits from creeping in here.

What do you guys think? Let’s have an objective discussion, and again, I am not looking to accuse anyone, it could be purely out of ignorance, and I on the other hand could be wrong.

Cheers

Yup I have noticed that too.  ??? ??? The date was not MAGNIFIED big enough. Usually the date should fill up most of the cyclops, leaving very little blank space. I could be wrong  ;D ;D

That makes 2 of us then… at least my eyesight is still working…hehe

What’s worrying then is that it is on this forum, and was Sold!  :Startled: :Startled:

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2021, 02:26:38 PM »
That's worrisome. I have to admit I'm not really all that sharp when it comes to telling good reps from clones. Worrying that it is something circulating.

Offline lamkinpark

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2021, 03:18:34 PM »

Cheers

What’s worrying then is that it is on this forum, and was Sold!  :Startled: :Startled:

Perhaps it is just the crystal was aftermarket, the exp2 seem legit.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2021, 07:17:34 PM »

Cheers

Perhaps it is just the crystal was aftermarket, the exp2 seem legit.

Could be a possibility, but another red flag is the font of the date and it seems not as clear as it should be..could be photo quality but still..raises questions…

Offline dpkong

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2021, 07:52:44 PM »
agree about the cyclops.. suspicious indeed.. and said watch is sold with "Rolex papers"

I recall a recent story about a franken watch auctioned with "Rolex papers" which actually did not guarantee anything about the watch being genuine.

https://perezcope.com/2021/06/01/escape-from-the-planet-of-the-fakes-the-french-foreign-legion-explorer/

Moreover, what guarantee is that the said watch was not meddled with after a proper RSC service? With the quality of fakes these days, hard to buy on used market and not be 100% sure it's legit.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2021, 08:29:41 AM »
Best send to some experienced sifu to check on the spot for a small fees...

Rsc don’t do authentication, even it does , it will take weeks or days for them to feedback to you..

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »
With the quality of fakes these days, hard to buy on used market and not be 100% sure it's legit.

This is a legit concern. On the surface its become quite challenging to even tell at all. Even with a rep/gen side by side also have to look closely. About the only way thats definitely conclusive is to pop the hood, but who's gonna agree to something like that kan?

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2021, 09:20:32 PM »
Not sure if we should get some clarification from the seller here to perhaps present his case...cos there is yet another watch for sale from em... ???

Offline dpkong

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2021, 09:20:42 AM »
Not sure if we should get some clarification from the seller here to perhaps present his case...cos there is yet another watch for sale from em... ???

End of the day, it's buyer beware.. the group does not hold any responsibility for deals conducted from here. Nobody rewards us when they get a good deal anyway..

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2021, 10:11:56 AM »

End of the day, it's buyer beware.. the group does not hold any responsibility for deals conducted from here. Nobody rewards us when they get a good deal anyway..

True that...the responsibility lies with each...

Well, I guess as a concerned netizen we've done our part - especially since we are in a forum specifically on the subject matter.

Cheers

Offline Champ66

• Freshie
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2021, 04:06:12 PM »
From the few pic cant tell the authenticity