Author Topic: Malaysian salary and expensive watches  (Read 14448 times)

Offline scannee

• Freshie
Re: Malaysian salary and expensive watches
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 01:42:21 PM »
here are my 2cents..

msia has a lower purchasing power relative to singapore n most of the 1st world countries .... that means we generally can't afford a more expensive watch for the same job we do compare to our neighbour in singapore ... at the same time, my overeseas friends mentioned to me that malaysia is among the cheapest place to shop for watches (not sure how true)..

last point, also because we don't have a big demand for expensive watches, we do get the latest model slowly and sometime not at all..

i am new in this forum, and it surprised me to see that many in this forum could own nice pieces.. thanks

Malaysia is at the expensive end for watches in comparison to the UK or USA markets.

With GST ended, it makes it even more expensive. Australia is one of the cheapest in APac allied to its 10% GST refund upon exit.
Difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult

Offline pillage2001

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2020, 02:03:03 PM »
Working as an engineer ( not o&g ). Remember buying my first Rolex and had to contemplate over it for 3 months and decided to push the button before get kicked in. Could barely afford it but the 12 months interest free financing that my credit card gave did make things easier. Lol. Safe to say, ate grass for the next 12 months but glad I did buy it even though it's just a 116300...can't get enough of the blue dial and the simplicity that comes with the watch. 

Offline brasso93

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 05:24:28 PM »
Sales job. More commission. Then safe up for the grail and hopefully buy at zero installment without bank charges.

Offline kygan711

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 08:53:03 AM »
income is always limited to majority of the population. So we can't have everything we want.
if you manage to be successful in life and generating more income than the rest then you got more options.
its a chicken and egg thing. Everyone is looking for the magic bullet to have abundance of income.
You need to be the top 10%.

Offline Gary30624700

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2021, 12:38:47 AM »
income is always limited to majority of the population. So we can't have everything we want.
if you manage to be successful in life and generating more income than the rest then you got more options.
its a chicken and egg thing. Everyone is looking for the magic bullet to have abundance of income.
You need to be the top 10%.

other 90% still can have a happy life, we can still buy affordable luxury stuff, enjoy what you have , thats call life.
if you dont enjoy what u hv, no matter a trillionare u are, u feel like in hell everyday

dont be too greedy, no one can own the whole world, we need to choose what we have in our own journey~
this is life

Offline mikench

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2021, 08:12:20 PM »
Wise man told me, buy nice stuff while you're still young and can enjoy.
Once you're old and can actually afford it, you cant.

Maybe this only applies to expensive football boots or mountain bike. But I think you get the message.  ;D

Offline Champ66

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 12:42:58 PM »
Purchasing power>income... All depends how develop the nation is