Author Topic: 2013 Whislist  (Read 65761 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Freshie
Re: 2013 Whislist
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
My 2013 wish list:
1) PAM 312
2) Rolex Sub

:Praying:

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 09:24:43 PM »
How do you fellas convince your spouse to let you buy these nice watches.......
Need some advice.

I had to go through 3 bloody rounds of verbal debates and silent treatment, before being allowed to get first watch of 2012/2013, the ap ro 15400.

wish for a iwc portuguese auto.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 09:56:13 PM »
Need some advice.

I had to go through 3 bloody rounds of verbal debates and silent treatment, before being allowed to get first watch of 2012/2013, the ap ro 15400.

Buy her one first...

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 10:08:06 PM »
Need some advice.

Buy her one first...

Exactly... once she got what she wanted, you have the "licence" to get what you want....
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 06:16:21 AM »
My better half had no interest in watches initially but after accompanying me to bookshops buying watch publications, visiting watch retailers to check out watches and seeing me spend hours going over my mini collection, she eventually took interest as well.
Passing down my previous watches to her and explaining the horological history, movements  eventually equipped her with a good basic knowledge.
Besides I convince her its better for me to splurge my spare cash on watches rather than other women & gambling (I omitted wine, women & song coz I love my alcohol.... :laugh:)
She also appreciates my giving up previous active hobbies where she worried about my safety and me settling for alternate sedate activities like watch collecting and photography.. ;)

Need some advice.

Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 06:36:32 AM »
1. GS hi-beat
2. sub ND
3. GO panolunar
4. PAM 372

dream list
1. breguet classic with moonphase
2. lange saxonia
3. pp nautilus with moonphase SS

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 06:55:47 AM »
Not watches but stopping this trend of delivering watches introduced in SIHH/ Basel months later. Seems more and more companies are doing this.....

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 07:01:08 AM »
Preowned president 18238 only.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:45 AM »
I don't understand. You don't want them to introduce during SIHH or deliver sooner? ???

Regard
Tyler

Not watches but stopping this trend of delivering watches introduced in SIHH/ Basel months later. Seems more and more companies are doing this.....

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 07:27:25 AM »
Yeah... maybe make the watches available soonest after introducing...
Or do like movies or video games... let us know the release date.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline takashi78

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 07:28:27 AM »
Its already "released" during the fairs.
But "delivery" date is a whole different story my friend.

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 07:46:47 AM »
My guess is during the SIHH/Basel fairs, the marketing / sales people are just gauging the response and taking orders for shipments / allocations to the regions around the world. Hence full scale production only begins after 1Q, delivery months later in the year. If the order is larger than projected, then the pieces may reach some shops later than expected.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:50:55 AM by Enkidu »

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 03:49:30 PM »
I don't understand. You don't want them to introduce during SIHH or deliver sooner? ???

Regard
Tyler

Delivery of watches introduced in SIHH or Basel soon after. 2 or 3 months later I can understand, almost a year later? Really... I don't really know about the mechanics of manufacturing but I don't think these watch companies actually makes 1 piece for SIHH and Basel and only go into full production after the exhibition.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »

My better half had no interest in watches initially ....

Need some advice.

Most ladies have no interest in mechanical watches. They just like how it looks. Now, if you are lucky enough to have a wife who has no interest in expensive timepieces, I'm sure she will make up for it with diamonds and bags, shoes etc..

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 04:05:40 PM »

My better half had no interest in watches initially ....

Need some advice.

Most ladies have no interest in mechanical watches. They just like how it looks. Now, if you are lucky enough to have a wife who has no interest in expensive timepieces, I'm sure she will make up for it with diamonds and bags, shoes etc..

:Laughing_on_floor:
Exactly right again bro!! hahaha
If they are not interested in watches, there's always LV, Gucci, Prada, Hermes, Cartier, Tiffany's to keep them occupied... hurts all the same...  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
Frustration from the waiting of that 2012 piece that caught your fancy? ::)

Regard

Regard
Tyler

Delivery of watches introduced in SIHH or Basel soon after. 2 or 3 months later I can understand, almost a year later? Really... I don't really know about the mechanics of manufacturing but I don't think these watch companies actually makes 1 piece for SIHH and Basel and only go into full production after the exhibition.

Offline JPSP

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
Need some advice.

i buy first then talk later... :P

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
Me too buy first confess later.. Btw back to topic

Wish list 2013
1. AP RO 15300st - preown/new
2. JLC NS alarm
3. Lange 1

But the true fact is I can only afford item 1+2 or item 3 itself only. :'(

Offline Plankton-IkanBilis

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »

I have a sneaky feeling that 2013 is gonna be `worse' than last year...having a list (15 watches) as a guide and also with some surprises expected to surface in the pre-owned market...its gonna be a `burn a big hole in my pocket' year for me...looking forward to the next 12 months...work hard, stay focussed and pray that everything works well.

May we all enjoy the `burning' sensation at areas near our pockets...need I elaborate where?...well its worth it! :)

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 09:04:23 PM »

Regard
Tyler

Well, of course they will probably not make only a single piece for SIHH / Basel. But if your hypothesis is that they are already in full production mode in 1Q but intentionally only selling and delivering the finished products at the end of the year or 1Q of the following year, then this will require these companies to intentionally carry high inventory and finished products (with resulting additional storage, security, insurance costs........etc) in their books for many months.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 06:23:32 AM »

Regards

Godzilla,

Not really, have stopped collecting, just would like to see things being done like IWC......

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 06:28:01 AM »
What about IWC? The current setup you mean, after the take over?

Regard
Tyler

Regards

Godzilla,

Not really, have stopped collecting, just would like to see things being done like IWC......

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:35 AM »

Well, of course they will probably not make only a single piece for SIHH / Basel. But if your hypothesis is that they are already in full production mode in 1Q but intentionally only selling and delivering the finished products at the end of the year or 1Q of the following year, then this will require these companies to intentionally carry high inventory and finished products (with resulting additional storage, security, insurance costs........etc) in their books for many months.

Enkidu,

True what you say, but I would guess it is an on going process with these companies. As such, I would expect the pieces to come out sooner rather then later. Look at IWC, about 2 months after SIHH, the pieces are already on the shelves. I am sure that the watch companies do not have single production line where they have to finish one production batch, retool, and then start a new watch production. Unless they are dependent on outside suppliers and that is slowing them down. Or they already have too much on their plate as it is.....

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 06:33:42 AM »
What about IWC? The current setup you mean, after the take over?

Regard
Tyler

Regards

Godzilla,

Fast to market with their products.... Unlike Panerai, Tudor.....

Offline rainmaker81

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 06:33:51 AM »
As my wifey never understood the need to own more than 2 watches, I usually lock my new acquisition in my office locker and only let it surface when time is right. Of course, I always under declare the price/value of the watch :)

Anyway, I have a modest wishlist this year:

(i) A pre-owned Sea-dweller M series (only if 2013 is kind to me financially);

(ii) A pre-owned GMT coke.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:28:20 AM by rainmaker81 »