Author Topic: Panerai Detonator  (Read 40126 times)

Offline Enkidu

Re: Panerai Detonator
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:53 PM »
I meant fun NOT fund.

Helloooooooooo...of course we know it's a fun watch. Of course we know Panerai cannot be taken seriously. What do you think I have been saying all these while??  But watch out, your idol Master Hobbit (a.k.a The Supreme Guardian Angel of the House of PAM) may be swooping down on you pretty soon to explain why PAM is considered a fun watch. Don't look at me!!  ;D ;D

And Kenny, I am so sorry you got a lemon. Let me see, first it was Felix's PAM, then Sooncheng's PAM, then....., ......, now yours. Hmmmm.....looks like there is a whole orchard of PAM lemons out there, all within the past 2 months. But not really surpirising. Lemon is an essential ingredient in mediterranean cooking.

And thanks for sharing your story. What can I say?? Maybe I'll just say what the ristis always say:

Bro, you just earned my full respect, I salute you!!! 

:Cheers: :Cheers:  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Dpkong,

What was it that was lacking in this thread?

Some sense of humour.  ;D

No need to get so wound up, Master Hobbitt. That was just a digression. People who wear big 47mm watches have a big heart. I am sure they are not that sensitive.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 10:24:14 PM »

Interesting to note that you have had this problem. Was the problem the winding crown or the winding stem and setting lever? Others have had problems with the crown, once you pull out to time setting mode, it is difficult to push the crown back in. Did you have the same issue?

It was fine until sometime in August. Pull out crown to adjust the time afterwhich push crown back in, cannot feel the "click" sound. That's when I realized something was wrong. Worse still, when screw lock the crown, u can feel metal grinding sound. Parts have to be ordered and replaced for stem banking and lever setting jumper.
[/quote]

Ah, the same problem faced by others. So Panerai service Center establish the problem is with the movement and not the crown itself? Was the crown replaced? I have read that in some cases, it was just a simple crown replacement as there was a problem with the internal spring mechanism of the crown. How long did it take Panerai to get everything sorted out?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 10:29:49 PM »
I meant fun NOT fund.

Helloooooooooo...of course we know it's a fun watch. Of course we know Panerai cannot be taken seriously. What do you think I have been saying all these while??  But watch out, your idol Master Hobbit (a.k.a The Supreme Guardian Angel of the House of PAM) may be swooping down on you pretty soon to explain why PAM is considered a fun watch. Don't look at me!!  ;D ;D

And Kenny, I am so sorry you got a lemon. Let me see, first it was Felix's PAM, then Sooncheng's PAM, then....., ......, now yours. Hmmmm.....looks like there is a whole orchard of PAM lemons out there, all within the past 2 months. But not really surpirising. Lemon is an essential ingredient in mediterranean cooking.

And thanks for sharing your story. What can I say?? Maybe I'll just say what the ristis always say:

Bro, you just earned my full respect, I salute you!!! 

:Cheers: :Cheers:  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Dpkong,

What was it that was lacking in this thread?

Some sense of humour.  ;D

No need to get so wound up, Master Hobbitt. That was just a digression. People who wear big 47mm watches have a big heart. I am sure they are not that sensitive.

Nothing to be wound up about. I know you have no love for Panerai and your Panerai bashing will just continue. Nothing to be sensitive about, there will always be haters.

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »
Nothing to be wound up about. I know you have no love for Panerai and your Panerai bashing will just continue. Nothing to be sensitive about, there will always be haters.

No love - yes, hater, perhaps just a maybe at the maximum.

One of the most intriguing part of the panerai watch offering is the lack of minute markers in most of the watches. Now, if I were a true hater, I would have just stuck to the view that it's just down to bad and lazy design. But I have told you what my theory is on the omission of minute markers - minutes markers are virtually illegible under dim condition, hence they were unnecessary. Tough wartime economy also justified the omission to reduce costs. I truly wonder if any panerai lover would bother to give a neutral explanation for any deficiency in the panerai watches.   

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2012, 11:25:29 PM »

No love - yes, hater, perhaps just a maybe at the maximum.

One of the most intriguing part of the panerai watch offering is the lack of minute markers in most of the watches. Now, if I were a true hater, I would have just stuck to the view that it's just down to bad and lazy design. But I have told you what my theory is on the omission of minute markers - minutes markers are virtually illegible under dim condition, hence they were unnecessary. Tough wartime economy also justified the omission to reduce costs. I truly wonder if any panerai lover would bother to give a neutral explanation for any deficiency in the panerai watches.   

I have no issues with the dial design of Panerai watches. That said, I too wonder why the minute markers were removed when the initial offering to the military had the markers. We can only speculate the reasons back then.

Fast forward to today. Yes, it is great that Panerai has decided to maintain the dial design in its modern interpretation of its watches. Some people like them, some don't. As most of the people who buys the watches now would hardly use them for its intended use, ie diving, most would not care if it had the minute markers or even a rotating bezel to time dive time (as a back up to a dive computer).

I agree that in the Submersible, perhaps having minute markers would be more relevant to others, but again (speculation at best), Panerai is of the opinion that staying true to the roots is more important and that perhaps most of the buyers would not use the watch for the intended design.

To me, it is strange that on earlier GMT models, there were the minute markers, but subsequent models no longer have the markers. The need to stay true overrides the need for the watch to be practical? Same with earlier chrono models. In this case, the opposite applies. In the earlier offerings, there were no intermediate markers between minute markers. That changed in the later offerings, but only one intermediate marker between the minute markers.

I can only guess that accurate time keeping was not an important thing.

There are much that I like about Panerai as there are much that I don't. Panerai of past, and that was not so long ago, and Panerai today has changed. I don't like their distribution channel or what they have planned, I don't really like the current SE/LE thing that they do, but it was great that the 372 was not a single run, allowing true collectors access to it. I don't deny or try to hide there are issues with the watch, look at my interest on the Radiomir crown issue that one of the guys is having.

There are lots to talk about actually, once you can leave behind the strap thing, the ever larger 47 is the new 44 mantra and a host of other things. If you want to know, I have sold my collection before because I was not happy with the way things were going. But later I realised, the loss was mine. I like the watches, not really what the brand was doing. So, I got back in, buying what I like, collecting what I want and ignoring what I did not like about what was happening. And you will be surprised as to how many out there are like me.

As dpkong said, once we can have an open mind (which I try very hard to do), we can have a lively open discussion about the watches, the brand, etc, which others can join in, without the fear of someone lurking, waiting to pounce to bring down the brand or the watches. As you said, I truly wonder if any Panerai lover would bother to give a neutral explanation for any deficiency in the Panerai watches. How would or could that happen when the other party itself is not neutral?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:49:43 PM by TheHobbit »

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2012, 05:17:45 AM »

As dpkong said, once we can have an open mind (which I try very hard to do), we can have a lively open discussion about the watches, the brand, etc, which others can join in, without the fear of someone lurking, waiting to pounce to bring down the brand or the watches. As you said, I truly wonder if any Panerai lover would bother to give a neutral explanation for any deficiency in the Panerai watches. How would or could that happen when the other party itself is not neutral?

After reading your last paragraph above, it becomes clear where you have mistaken I am afraid. What has neutrality to do with anything here? Although we can give neutral explanation, how can we adopt a neutral position? Can debates proceed with both parties adopting neutral positions? Not that I am aware of. I don't think you yourself have been neutral in your arguments and position, and I certainly don't expect you to be. If you have been neutral how can you counter-check if I made a mistake? And vice-versa.

Having an open mind does not mean neutrality. It only means you should consider what your opponent proposes constructively. If it's correct we accept it. If it's incorrect, we say why we believe it's incorrect and with reasons. For example, when you first posted the pic of the detonator, I remembered it was a 9-day detonator. But you mentioned hour and half an hour. So I checked the words on the cover if I missed out anything.  No, the words were not helpful. So I told you in my reply it was actually a 9-day detonator. When you said your sources said it was actually a 10-hour timer with 9 day mechanical backup, I went back to check the number of slashes on the rotating to see if it could be graded to "10". I don't think so, so I asked you where we can find the information you mentioned. You said you were still waiting. And yes, I am also still waiting. I did not dismiss it outright and certainly did not claim you were hiding unfavourable information. If you can show clearly it's actually a 10-hour detonator and the 9 days only refers to the mechanical back-up (which I also need some explanation why), I'll accept it with an open mind - that "9 days" written on the box only refers to the mechanical back-up. No big deal. 

In your earlier post, you said I would continue with my "Panerai bashing". I guess "bashing" should normally mean using really unkind words like "trash", "rubbish" or "junk". I know I have said things like "too busy bashing PAM" but if you go through my posts, do you find any such real bashing words coming from me? Or is it a situation:-

Saying my opinion that Panerai is a fashion watch is bashing?

The instances of member's PAM watches needing repair can be read by all in this forum, recounting them is bashing?

Posting a sexy pic of Pamela Anderson is bashing?

Saying PAM watches are deficient timekeepers because of lack of minute markers ==> bashing?

Or in your eyes Panerai has been elevated from a cult watch to become a full fledged religion? Thus beyond comment and immune from criticism? The non-ristis can just ask neutral questions with bowed heads, our peasant hats in trembling hands, agreeing to whatever the risti high priests have to say??  ::) ::) ::)

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2012, 06:23:44 AM »
I opine that for certain models of Panerai, especially when it comes with sandwich dial, minute markers cannot be had. Why cos design and implementation cannot be rendered. Imagine and look for yourself. Minute markers on the dial can only be had for non-sandwich dial, ie applied markers dial.

Without minute markers is good cos to the wearer it feels more laid-back. Matter of plus minus one minute no life death situation.

A Panetisti holds true to what they believe in the brand. I am not sure even if they would voice out problems experienced on the watch. When they do, usually encountered with silence, defence, boycott, discouragement. Yes, it has become a cult religion. They always say through Panerai they meet friends and people. It's the people. If that is the case, Facebook better source for friends. Maybe they are shy to really admit, they have been cursed by the force of this religion. Resistance is futile.

I am going wind up my Radiomir after this and wear for the weekend.  :thumbsup:

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2012, 06:38:05 AM »
Not all Risti are the same. Just as not all watch from a brand are worth collecting. Enjoy your 210.

Regard
Tyler

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2012, 07:01:25 AM »
I agree that not all ristis are the same.
Unfortunately, it seems like the empty no substance brash and loud outnumber those quiet knowledgeable ones with substance.
It is said that when the water subsides... you will know who is swimming naked.

My own personal opinion.

Today.
People like the watch but dislike ristis.

Future.
People hate the watch BECAUSE of ristis.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems like the empty no substance brash and loud outnumber those quiet knowledgeable ones with substance.

My own personal opinion.

Today.

Future.

Interesting Hanz.  I used to `dislike' Rolex because of my prejudice towards certain type of people who wears them.  I believe you were in the same boat.
But we were both `converted', eventually..hahaha ;D

To me, i still find it strange to dislike a brand due to bad experiences with a passionate but perhaps snobbish bunch of followers.  I mean if you ask me to wear my 14060 t-dial to attend a Rolex gathering, which i know is about counting whose watch has the bigger number of diamonds on their dials or more amount of gold per gram, I will also avoid (anyway, disclaimer: do Rolex followers organise such gatherings?  :Laughing_on_floor:..I dont know).  But my point is how die hard followers behave should not influence my feelings towards the product they are worshipping.  Unless if its a really a lemon tree (As compared to the occasional lemon here and there  ;D).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:15:01 AM by pexus »
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 07:17:42 AM »

My own personal opinion.

Today.

Future.

Sadly the future is now.....

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »

My own personal opinion.

Today.

Future.

Interesting Hanz.  I used to `dislike' Rolex because of my prejudice towards certain type of people who wears them.  I believe you were in the same boat.
But we were both `converted', eventually..hahaha ;D

To me, i still find it strange to dislike a brand due to bad experiences with a passionate but perhaps snobbish bunch of followers.  I mean if you ask me to wear my 14060 t-dial to attend a Rolex gathering, which i know is about counting whose watch has the bigger number of diamonds on their dials or more amount of gold per gram, I will also avoid (anyway, disclaimer: do Rolex followers organise such gatherings?  :Laughing_on_floor:..I dont know).  But my point is how die hard followers behave should not influence my feelings towards the product they are worshipping.  Unless if its a really a lemon tree (As compared to the occasional lemon here and there  ;D).
Based on pictures I have seen during the Rolex Passion gtg... I don't think they will be counting diamonds or weighing gold... it's about the watches... and vintage ones... (which means we do not qualify as well)  ;D
But the bright side is... the gtg is about WATCHES...
Try comparing it with another well known gtg...

My own personal opinion.

Today.

Future.

Sadly the future is now.....

Ouch!!... You got balls my friend...  ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:46:27 AM by hanz079 »
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »

After reading your last paragraph above, it becomes clear where you have mistaken I am afraid.

Or in your eyes Panerai has been elevated from a cult watch to become a full fledged religion? Thus beyond comment and immune from criticism? The non-ristis can just ask neutral questions with bowed heads, our peasant hats in trembling hands, agreeing to whatever the risti high priests have to say??  ::) ::) ::)

Huh? Where in my last paragraph did I say you were afraid? I thought it was others (outsiders) that is afraid. If you have read that statement as you being afraid, then I do apologise, evidently my English is not so good.

As pointed out by Hanz, and I agree, Panerai has become a cult watch. Sad indeed. Why? Because it can alienate potential buyers from getting into the brand, afraid (the potential buyers) of being labeled a cult follower, or ridiculed by others or even worse, causing real collectors who does not want to be associated with the cult thing into the shadows. Look at some of the Panerai forum out there, shadow of its former glory. Why? The cult thing?

Is Panerai beyond criticism? To some yes, to me no. I think they have made many mistakes, many missteps, and for that matter some current ones which I don't agree. Episodes like the PAM195, PAM360, PAM318, the SE/LE models, Ecru lume (fake Patina), moving to a boutique only distribution channel are some of the things Panerai could have handled better.

But at the end of the day, I like it for what it is. A watch to tell time, with a simple easy to read dial, great history and DNA. And one of the perks? A simple push of a button (assuming you opt for the simple strap change mechanism models) and a different strap, and you have a 'new' watch without buying a new watch.

With regards to the detonator, the information I got that it is a 10 hour detonator is from a German site and the owners are Panerai collectors. Don't want to link the site because it is a commercial site. But it is stated in the site that it is a 10 hour detonator.

I have thus far one response on the device, but I will take that one with a pinch of salt (bags full actually). The response was it is a device to measure the speed of the SLC. I am guessing it is because on the other side of the device is this:

Photograph: Asi

Have to admit it does look like a speedometer.

I, however think that it is the indicator for the 9 days mechanical backup.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »
Maybe i am more simple minded besides being a vigilante like Enkidu said i am.

You sure like to use "aka" alot  ;D

As much as i dont like certain brands based on my own uncle sense of style and over 50yrs old i dont wage an all out "war" to diss certain brands.
I just stop buying them or not even buy my first.

This thread however gave me a whole new insight to Panerai in the "side biz" that they did way before. Interesting watch general knowledge.

My England may not be as good as most of you but i just came across this pic on the internetz....

Heeeey its Friday !!!

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »

My own personal opinion.

Today.

Future.

Your words too strong.  I dont hate Panerai not Ristis.  I will give all Ristis a hug if i see one, i will give Tyler or Ivan a hug.  Just because they like the brand so much does not mean we dont like the people right? I dont consider myself a risti of Rolex, Omega, or even Panerai.  You have to embrace a religion to have strong beliefs about one.  I just enjoy wearing one, cos it create conversations with ppl like Enkidu.  LOL.  People dont hate Panerai bcos of Ristis. There will be war and calamity if that happens.  This are passionate bunch.

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2012, 10:30:15 AM »
Why i bought Panerai cos i like how it looks on my wrist.  And i want to know what it is all about.  See, all of us whether we realize or not, we are being sold based on millions of nerves sending emotions to our brains.  For me, Panerai's history and its watches has a lot of emotions in them.  Yes, the story we read a thousand times about Egyptian Navy and Englishmen and Italians fighting and wearing their Panerai.  So when the watch was first produced, not so famous, Rocky wore it, became famous, owners dug up history deeper and deeper until it created emotional links, vintage showed up in auctions, became big hit in HK, every wrist wants one, it created a club, exclusive or not, i dont know, P.com was created, boom, the brand just became so hot.

There is not other watch out there shaped and designed like a Luminour or Radiomir case.  Original and genuine ones only.  Their watch design has emotions, maybe due to the fact that it may lack minute markers, but i seriously do not want minute markers on my Radiomir or even a Luminor dial.  U ask me, if once the dust settles, is Panerai still going to be hot? I say yes! Very hot or even hotter.  Unless something terribly go wrong in quality.  Rolex, Omega, IWC, same thing.  Patek. VC, every well known reputable watch brand out there is very emotional in advertising, media communications, etc.  But Panerai did it in the shortest time a period of less than what, 25 years, to become THE Brand?   

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
How can anyone not like this? Sandwich and lume and no minute markers. Lovely!! Simple pleasures.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »

My own personal opinion.

Today.

Future.

Your words too strong.  I dont hate Panerai not Ristis.  I will give all Ristis a hug if i see one, i will give Tyler or Ivan a hug.  Just because they like the brand so much does not mean we dont like the people right? I dont consider myself a risti of Rolex, Omega, or even Panerai.  You have to embrace a religion to have strong beliefs about one.  I just enjoy wearing one, cos it create conversations with ppl like Enkidu.  LOL.  People dont hate Panerai bcos of Ristis. There will be war and calamity if that happens.  This are passionate bunch.
Then my friend I am afraid you haven't met any ristis 1st hand.
Do I consider Tyler a risti? I don't know.
He loves pams, owned several pcs that are considered grail status.
Do I consider Hobbit a risti? I don't know.
The number of pams he owned is in the double digits. He loves the brand and the watches.

Now ask these 2 gentleman the question "Do you consider yourselves Ristis?" Or "What does it MEAN to be a risti?" Or better yet "Does the association with ristis make you proud irregardless wether you are one or not but just because you own one?"
You'd be surprised with the answers.

No doubt pam is hot at the moment.
No doubt they did it within a short amount of time.
But ask yourself this... how many ppl that buy the watch for the love of the watch and not to join any bandwagon or brotherhood, or for the money they can make just because they have access to LE and SE while normal mortals don't? How many "genuinely" loves the watch?

I do agree they are a passionate bunch...
That is why I love threads like these that challenge some debate.
And also to separate between the wannabes and the real deal.

This thread, the roll call thread and the fashion thread.
Read from start to finish... enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:50:50 AM by hanz079 »

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »

After reading your last paragraph above, it becomes clear where you have mistaken I am afraid. What has neutrality to do with anything here? Although we can give neutral explanation, how can we adopt a neutral position? Can debates proceed with both parties adopting neutral positions? Not that I am aware of. I don't think you yourself have been neutral in your arguments and position, and I certainly don't expect you to be. If you have been neutral how can you counter-check if I made a mistake? And vice-versa.

Having an open mind does not mean neutrality. It only means you should consider what your opponent proposes constructively. If it's correct we accept it. If it's incorrect, we say why we believe it's incorrect and with reasons. For example, when you first posted the pic of the detonator, I remembered it was a 9-day detonator. But you mentioned hour and half an hour. So I checked the words on the cover if I missed out anything.  No, the words were not helpful. So I told you in my reply it was actually a 9-day detonator. When you said your sources said it was actually a 10-hour timer with 9 day mechanical backup, I went back to check the number of slashes on the rotating to see if it could be graded to "10". I don't think so, so I asked you where we can find the information you mentioned. You said you were still waiting. And yes, I am also still waiting. I did not dismiss it outright and certainly did not claim you were hiding unfavourable information. If you can show clearly it's actually a 10-hour detonator and the 9 days only refers to the mechanical back-up (which I also need some explanation why), I'll accept it with an open mind - that "9 days" written on the box only refers to the mechanical back-up. No big deal. 

In your earlier post, you said I would continue with my "Panerai bashing". I guess "bashing" should normally mean using really unkind words like "trash", "rubbish" or "junk". I know I have said things like "too busy bashing PAM" but if you go through my posts, do you find any such real bashing words coming from me? Or is it a situation:-

Saying my opinion that Panerai is a fashion watch is bashing?

The instances of member's PAM watches needing repair can be read by all in this forum, recounting them is bashing?

Posting a sexy pic of Pamela Anderson is bashing?

Saying PAM watches are deficient timekeepers because of lack of minute markers ==> bashing?

Wah.. Debate still going on ?? Now the topic is on a detonator ?? haha ... really come out with something to talk about ... I got an idea , why dont post all your questions in Network54 ? let all those ristis reply you including me . hows that sound ?

Fanboy/Risti/Cult whatever you like to call it .
Sig sauer p2022 - luminor Marina
Sig Sauer p229 - Radiomir Black seal

A combination of handguns with timepieces

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2012, 10:51:45 AM »
How can anyone not like this? Sandwich and lume and no minute markers. Lovely!! Simple pleasures.

Nice Lume  Kenny .. Base models are always a Beauty .... :)
Sig sauer p2022 - luminor Marina
Sig Sauer p229 - Radiomir Black seal

A combination of handguns with timepieces

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
By Fidoneo.

Wah.. Debate still going on ?? Now the topic is on a detonator ?? haha ... really come out with something to talk about ... I got an idea , why dont post all your questions in Network54 ? let all those ristis reply you including me . hows that sound ?

Fanboy/Risti/Cult whatever you like to call it .

Cool... this is like saying, come to my territory if you dare...
Why not ask them to come over?
Oh wait... I forgot that you're the authorized spokes person.
Post the link over at p.com if you like, and they can reply here if they like or if they think if it's worth their time.
And BTW, we all know anything negative about pams over at p.com will be deleted in an instant...
It's not a secret... it's a well known fact.

And you might be able to reply over at p.com, but I am also sure it will be more or less the same at "I agree" "Well Said" or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:13:29 AM by hanz079 »

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »

My own personal opinion.

Today.

Future.

Then my friend I am afraid you haven't met any ristis 1st hand.
Do I consider Tyler a risti? I don't know.
He loves pams, owned several pcs that are considered grail status.
Do I consider Hobbit a risti? I don't know.
The number of pams he owned is in the double digits. He loves the brand and the watches.

Now ask these 2 gentleman the question "Do you consider yourselves Ristis?" Or "What does it MEAN to be a risti?" Or better yet "Does the association with ristis make you proud irregardless wether you are one or not but just because you own one?"
You'd be surprised with the answers.

No doubt pam is hot at the moment.
No doubt they did it within a short amount of time.
But ask yourself this... how many ppl that buy the watch for the love of the watch and not to join any bandwagon or brotherhood, or for the money they can make just because they have access to LE and SE while normal mortals don't? How many "genuinely" loves the watch?

I do agree they are a passionate bunch...
That is why I love threads like these that challenge some debate.
And also to separate between the wannabes and the real deal.

This thread, the roll call thread and the fashion thread.
Read from start to finish... enjoy.

I dont think they need to own grails to join a club.  They own grails not for sale to make dosh.  Lets come out and table talk over  :Cheers: with u, Ivan, Tyler, and the Panerai Lover Enkidu.  So serious how to drink, sigh.  They dont walk or talk funny with Panerai on the wrist, lets put it that way.  If they do pls tell me, LOL.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
By: Kennypane

I dont think they need to own grails to join a club.  They own grails not for sale to make dosh.  Lets come out and table talk over  :Cheers: with u, Ivan, Tyler, and the Panerai Lover Enkidu.  So serious how to drink, sigh.  They dont walk or talk funny with Panerai on the wrist, lets put it that way.  If they do pls tell me, LOL.

Don't get me wrong.
I have utmost respect for both Ivan and Tyler.
I have read all if not most of their replies and they have what we call "substance"

At least better than a jesty reply that ask us to go over to their territory... Now him I would love to have a drink with...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:06:26 AM by hanz079 »

Offline STT1987

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »

THIS.

The moderator sets the tone of the forum. If you allow vigilantes and trolls to post what they want - even if they claim its all a "discussion", "in fun". After all, the Joker did say, "why so serious" before he massacred the whole place. Bashers are so keen to shove his/her opinions in your face, hence 2 derailed threads.
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2012, 11:25:57 AM »
huh?? bring this discussion to p.com? really?

`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'