Author Topic: Panerai Detonator  (Read 40125 times)

Offline Enkidu

Re: Panerai Detonator
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2012, 11:15:39 AM »
Bro Enkidu,

Takashi78 is correct. why do you need to attack panerai? why this need? just let it be. after a while people will realise for themselves it's true quality or short of quality. doesnt not pay to be a hero. you only kena hantam and abused.

Hero???? What hero????? Where got so serious? You make it sound as though it's something like this.........

IN THE DARKEST HOURS OF WIS-DOM
WHEN ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE ARE THREATENED
BY FATAL FALSE PATINA OVERDOSE
BY AMMO LEATHER STRAP STRANGULATION
AND SANDWICH INDIGESTION.........
FROM THE NOBLE MWF
EMERGES....

ENKIDU!!!!!
THE THICK-SKINNED ATTENTION SEEKER....

All pics clearly not mine...... ;D

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
It is amusing how every discussion for Panerai pans out in a very similiar way. I dont see it as a cult watch. It is more of an enigma. I think that those who love it will always love it whilst those who dont understand it will never understand it. It is just the way the world works. Asking for opinions or having a discussion on a matter is only benificial if you can either accept the opinions given or at least understand the other party's stand and see if it fits to how you think. If there is one thing to take away from this and any other similiar thread is that you cant change what other people think. Lets just keep this forum as a gathering for watch lovers in Malaysia.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
I'm asking my personal MWF friends not to bother with this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Not getting paid for this sh**...
 :Laughing_on_floor:  :Laughing_on_floor:  :Laughing_on_floor:  :mooning:

Where is getting bashed on the head class?
 :HammerHead:  :Laughing_on_floor:

Au contraire, mon ami!
I, for one, find this thread very interesting & informative.  :)
Afterall, if one can't express his individuality in forums like MWF then what's the point of participating in it?  8)
At the very least, we gain some interesting trivia on our hobbies.
Thank you to the PAM lovers, haters & in-betweeners (I'm one) for making this a most interesting thread.  :Cheers:
Take care, Ciao!  :thumbsup:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »
To my surprise pam in lime light each time in Mwf

Anyway, I enjoy reading argument between the pro and the oppo of panerai brand

I do wish pam owner or those who can decide his faith read these kind of discussion
Then they can know y ppl hate pam and who r the die hard fans n y they fell in love

As long as no personal attack... Keeps the argument going...

Personally I like pam design... Unique croen guard, Bold and legible!
I don't need the minute marker, hence i love the no minute marker pam, zero is hero!!!
If I need accuracy, I use my reliable iPhone!!!

Rad cushion case is not unique or pam original design
During 30s, many watches have this same shape
I still believe Rolex made this case n watches for pam

Those r history. Relatively pam history it is not so rich when compare to other watch brands! Just marketing whether successful or not...
Rolex nvr bother bout selling history, so they nvr market that way, but is that mean pam hv more history than Rolex?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »

Rolex nvr bother bout selling history, so they nvr market that way, but is that mean pam hv more history than Rolex?

Sure or not?

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »

I still believe Rolex made this case n watches for pam

Hmm, are they still doing it nowdays? I mean if u say during the 1940's I will still take it but i think moderns ones are made by panerai themselve edi? No?

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »

Rolex sells experience. What I mean is experience where actual watch put to actual use. And a lot of real people experience. Don't need to elaborate further. From climbers, navy pilots, swimmers, actors, singers, cyclists, religious leaders, politicians, generals, guerilla fighters, presidents, mobs, gangsters and these are famous people. Thus a ready association can be made when u wear one. Crap, Rolex does cover the whole world.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2012, 05:35:58 PM »
Bro Enkidu,

Takashi78 is correct. why do you need to attack panerai? why this need? just let it be. after a while people will realise for themselves it's true quality or short of quality. doesnt not pay to be a hero. you only kena hantam and abused.

Hero???? What hero????? Where got so serious? You make it sound as though it's something like this.........

IN THE DARKEST HOURS OF WIS-DOM
WHEN ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE ARE THREATENED
BY FATAL FALSE PATINA OVERDOSE
BY AMMO LEATHER STRAP STRANGULATION
AND SANDWICH INDIGESTION.........
FROM THE NOBLE MWF
EMERGES....

ENKIDU!!!!!
THE THICK-SKINNED ATTENTION SEEKER....

All pics clearly not mine...... ;D

Well, having met you personally, I'd say Picture #3 is much more likely correct...

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »

Rolex sells experience. What I mean is experience where actual watch put to actual use. And a lot of real people experience. Don't need to elaborate further. From climbers, navy pilots, swimmers, actors, singers, cyclists, religious leaders, politicians, generals, guerilla fighters, presidents, mobs, gangsters and these are famous people. Thus a ready association can be made when u wear one. Crap, Rolex does cover the whole world.

Did the Explorer 1 really go up to Everest? Did it really "tahan lasak"?

While the Sea Dweller really can go down to fantastic depths, was it strapped on someone's wrist, here someone referring to humans. Practical use comes to mind.

Do the tennis and golf players wear their Rolex while playing?

One is guilty of marketing history (true or otherwise) and the other is marketing desire. The common factor is only marketing. At least we can blame desire on ourselves.

Getting off-topic since we are discussing Panerai detonators actually.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
I don't think we are going to get any more detail of the detonator. The topic seem to be lost it way early on.

I do have some material but am too fed up and lazy (probably more to the lazy side :P) to dig it out.

I don't fully agree on Panerai is guilty of marketing history. Actually I think they did a bad job of doing it. Most modern panerai wearer don't even know the difference between Radiomir and Luminor. They all thought it is the model name.

The ones that really guilty of history marketing are the passionate collector themselves. You see, only a passionate collector would bother to goes into the details to read on the history of the watch he is buying or own and decide later on what kind of collection he want to assemble. He get excited and share among his friend which in time spread the enthusiasm over to to others. Those who share the passion will chart his own course according to his taste and style. Of course most so call risti don't exactly follow this route.

Sometimes risti just buy what is hot, pay higher than retail and regret. The conservatives ones will seek better value in the used market. Sometimes the watch fetch higher price in the used market and it makes the owner feel good. Some got good at it and turn it into a side business. Not something I would do but who am I to judge.  ;D

In the end it's all the same with other brand. Just that the panerai community give themselves a name, Risti and maybe have more frequent GTG and a little too public about their opnion. Sometimes too public for their own good. I am not particularly fond of this kind of conduct and neither do I criticize, condemn or complain about it.

I believe meaningful conversation can only be achieve thru sincerity. Some of you might hold certain opinion on these Risti folks but most of them are my friend and I'm quite close with a few of them. To be honest I don't really like some of their choice of watch. That doesn't mean I should go trash talk their watch and make them feel bad. I just don't see the purpose and failed to understand why anyone would do that.

On a second thought maybe I should dig up the material about the detonator ...
Regards
Tyler

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »
I don't think we are going to get any more detail of the detonator. The topic seem to be lost it way early on.

I do have some material but am too fed up and lazy (probably more to the lazy side :P) to dig it out.

I don't fully agree on Panerai is guilty of marketing history. Actually I think they did a bad job of doing it. Most modern panerai wearer don't even know the difference between Radiomir and Luminor. They all thought it is the model name.

The ones that really guilty of history marketing are the passionate collector themselves. You see, only a passionate collector would bother to goes into the details to read on the history of the watch he is buying or own and decide later on what kind of collection he want to assemble. He get excited and share among his friend which in time spread the enthusiasm over to to others. Those who share the passion will chart his own course according to his taste and style. Of course most so call risti don't exactly follow this route.

Sometimes risti just buy what is hot, pay higher than retail and regret. The conservatives ones will seek better value in the used market. Sometimes the watch fetch higher price in the used market and it makes the owner feel good. Some got good at it and turn it into a side business. Not something I would do but who am I to judge.  ;D

In the end it's all the same with other brand. Just that the panerai community give themselves a name, Risti and maybe have more frequent GTG and a little too public about their opnion. Sometimes too public for their own good. I am not particularly fond of this kind of conduct and neither do I criticize, condemn or complain about it.

I believe meaningful conversation can only be achieve thru sincerity. Some of you might hold certain opinion on these Risti folks but most of them are my friend and I'm quite close with a few of them. To be honest I don't really like some of their choice of watch. That doesn't mean I should go trash talk their watch and make them feel bad. I just don't see the purpose and failed to understand why anyone would do that.

On a second thought maybe I should dig up the material about the detonator ...
Regards
Tyler

Tyler,

Please do dig up the material on the detonator...

Thank you.

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2012, 10:17:06 PM »
I second the plea for Tyler to dig up more details on the detonator.  Should be an interesting read.
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »
I second the plea for Tyler to dig up more details on the detonator.  Should be an interesting read.

I am keen on reading something interesting to waste my time. Please put the link up man  :thumbsup:

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2012, 02:05:16 PM »

I am keen on reading something interesting to waste my time. Please put the link up man  :thumbsup:

I'm not a risti nor a WIS, but I'd love to read what you've got.
Thanks in advance, Tyler.
Take care, Ciao!  :thumbsup:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)