Author Topic: Panerai Fever-Straps talk!  (Read 68088 times)

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
Re: Panerai Fever-Straps talk!
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »
very interesting. you guys really have a big collection on pam straps. I only have 3 straps.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
Bro Hobbit,
This is one very very cool strap!
The color is stunning!!!!! :thumbsup:
 :Cheers:
ck

Nice stingray, however my fav strap at the moment and perhaps for a long time is this one. The strap was commissioned by the Italian Naval Museum to replace the straps on their collection of Panerai watches and instruments. The makers has 10 extra left over and this is one of them. The leather is from 1940s and has been treated and washed in seawater to give it a vintage looks and feel much like the original straps it replaces.

My mistake? Should have ordered more then 1. Sigh.....
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
My recent acquisition,

French ammo on my PAM372 and swiss ammo on my PAM111.

The buckle was specially treated with high heat.

another 24/24 French ammo.
The stitching was stunning, and they smell hell good!!!I can't help but keep on sniffing one the strap..LOL!
All the above straps are from a same strapmaker based in Paris, France.A very humble guy, who shared a lots of tricks in ordering a vintage ammo strap and spread a lots of PAM virus too.I guess a few of our friends here  who met up with him got infected too. ;D

and finally, The OEM JV.

cheers,
ck

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »
Managed to get another Museum piece, this time tan.

I am loving it..

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
Here we go again.....strap fever fire up

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »
Just arrive 2 custom strap from Peter Gunny .

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2012, 01:07:28 PM »
Dear Sifu,
I recently acquire a PAM005 and already thinking of getting a few different straps to suit my mood.
A couple of newbie questions if I may : Where do I find out whether the PAM005 is going for 24/24mm or the 24/22mm strap?
Secondly, if I were to purchase my strap online, is there a code or a specification word that I should know if I want to get a shorter strap? My wife's wrist is very very skinny and the default strap do not fit her.
Thus I'm thinking of buying some online (it's reasonably cheap here in Beijing, where I work) but I need to know what I'm ordering.

Many thanks in advance.

Offline gloomis

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:50 PM »
Dear Sifu,
I recently acquire a PAM005 and already thinking of getting a few different straps to suit my mood.
A couple of newbie questions if I may : Where do I find out whether the PAM005 is going for 24/24mm or the 24/22mm strap?
Secondly, if I were to purchase my strap online, is there a code or a specification word that I should know if I want to get a shorter strap? My wife's wrist is very very skinny and the default strap do not fit her.
Thus I'm thinking of buying some online (it's reasonably cheap here in Beijing, where I work) but I need to know what I'm ordering.

Many thanks in advance.

bro,

for 005, oem strap is 24/22, but mostly risti like to get 24/24. All 44mm pams fit in 24mm straps. So 1st you need to know your wrist size before you start surfing o placing order.

normally if u surf online u should c 24/24 70/115, 75/120, 80/130. all this is the strap lenght. the front digit means the shorter part with the buckle. 115 is the other side. so you need to determine your comfortable size you wear then only you can place order.

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2012, 07:51:28 PM »
Hi gloomis,
You mean that my PAM005 can fit either a 24/22 or a 24/24? It won't put any stress on the buckle?
What is the meaning of oem strap by the way?
I see now, that's exactly what I'm looking for. 70/115 = 70mm being the short part of the strap while 115mm being the long part of the strap.
So before I order, I need to measure my wife's wrist, and pick the strap that suits her.
Excellent! Thanks a million.

Offline gloomis

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »
Hi gloomis,
You mean that my PAM005 can fit either a 24/22 or a 24/24? It won't put any stress on the buckle?
What is the meaning of oem strap by the way?
I see now, that's exactly what I'm looking for. 70/115 = 70mm being the short part of the strap while 115mm being the long part of the strap.
So before I order, I need to measure my wife's wrist, and pick the strap that suits her.
Excellent! Thanks a million.

pam 005 is a 44mm watch. OEM means the original strap. the oem strap size is 24/22, the tip end is smaller compare the lug area. u can surf some image on the different of 24/22 n 24/24 then you know what i m talking about. you can ask your wife to fit the oem strap then you start working from there. lady wrist normally smaller so i think 70/115 is nice. if not you can custom made the size accordingly to fit her.

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
Hi gloomis,
Yes I understand that 24/22 means the tip end of the strap is smaller. My concern is that if I were to get a 24/24 (which is more common from what I see) it will just put unnecessary stress on the buckle as you know, the buckle is build for 22mm. As I will only be purchasing strap only without the buckle, I need to be sure that the 24/24 strap will fit the PAM005 default buckle.
My apologies if I'm long winded, I just want to be clear.

Generally, it seems that the shorter strap will only have 1 "strap holder" (is that the right word to use?), do you think it look weird? There is no right or wrong but I'm seeking your comment.

Offline gloomis

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2012, 05:48:16 AM »
Hi gloomis,
Yes I understand that 24/22 means the tip end of the strap is smaller. My concern is that if I were to get a 24/24 (which is more common from what I see) it will just put unnecessary stress on the buckle as you know, the buckle is build for 22mm. As I will only be purchasing strap only without the buckle, I need to be sure that the 24/24 strap will fit the PAM005 default buckle.

Generally, it seems that the shorter strap will only have 1 "strap holder" (is that the right word to use?), do you think it look weird? There is no right or wrong but I'm seeking your comment.

Bro, normally risti wont use bak the oem buckle. what we normally do is we order sewn in buckle 24/24, means strap will come together with pre v buckle. oem buckle cant fit in a 24/24 strap at all. So normally what you see online is all sewn in buckle and this is 1 of the true spirit of pams

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »
these ammo straps...are they comfortable for day to day wear?
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
these ammo straps...are they comfortable for day to day wear?

Yes, the good ones are. Personally I find Kevin (Adeeos) , Paulo18 and Septimus are the most comfortable.

Offline MadZiZ

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
Micah produces some very very comfortable straps especially his Metta strap :) Love his work.

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
Hi gloomis,

normally we change the strap n buy new buckle  together Oem strap is short n is 24/22. If u wan short d, custom make it, that r lot of good custom maker strap around the world... Btw if u buy. 24/24 strap.. The original buckle is can't be use, u need to replace a 24mm d...I own a 0005 too, all my strap r custom make by Peter gunny

Offline jackafrica

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
Fellow PAM owners, one thing to remember here.
Panerai does not make a 24mm tang buckle, despite what you might sometimes see for sale labeled as Panerai.

When using a 24/24 or a 26/24 strap, you will need to choose a buckle which is aftermarket, or sewn in with the strap.

There are wonderful aftermarket 24mm buckle choices out there, from the cheap and almost throwaway to rather sophisticated, well made examples.

Hope this helps.

cheers
richard

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
If I may ask, can any sifu PM me some really good value for money sites specializing in aftermarket PAM straps?
There are so many to choose from...  :Confused:

Second question is even more far fetch, anyone knows any brick and mortar shop selling aftermarket PAM straps in Beijing? I can't really read Chinese and it's a bitch to Baidu (the Chinese version of google) for them. I would prefer to fondle them first before deciding.

Basically I'm looking for a short strap for my wife, she has really skinny wrist and it's hard to find a 110/70mm strap. Need some help here.

Many thanks guys.

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2012, 03:03:49 PM »
If I may ask, can any sifu PM me some really good value for money sites specializing in aftermarket PAM straps?

I would recommend Dirk, Septimus, Paulo18, Simona, Altamarea for a start...google them up and good luck

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »

Second question is even more far fetch, anyone knows any brick and mortar shop selling aftermarket PAM straps in Beijing? I can't really read Chinese and it's a bitch to Baidu (the Chinese version of google) for them. I would prefer to fondle them first before deciding.

Basically I'm looking for a short strap for my wife, she has really skinny wrist and it's hard to find a 110/70mm strap. Need some help here.

Many thanks guys.
u can search 1by 1 till u prefer.... 110/70mm custom make confirm got

http://www.paneraisource.com/aftermarket_straps.shtml

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
Generally what does a Paneristi feel about Textile band/NATO/ZULU strap?
Is it against the "spirit" of PAM?
Anyone has any cool pic of PAM on a NATO strap to share?
I find the Bottega strap stunning, can anyone PM me where to get that?

Many thanks.

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
Sigh... I really hate The Great Firewall of China...
Anything with the word "blog" in the web address is inaccessible; Septimus is out.
I can't access Network54.com too, hence Paneristi site and Paolo18 is out.

Sorry, just one of my casual whining.

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »

Many thanks.

Not sure what you meant by the 'spirit' of PAM. NATO/Canvas straps are part of military heritage- one of which PAMs are born into. Finding the right NATO width would be the challenge - most are smaller than the 24/24 or 26/26..makes it a bit odd if you put the smaller width NATO.

In any case Panerai has an OEM Canvas green strap- the one that comes with the Mare 300. Beautiful strap esp if you pair it with the PVD/DLC PAM. Not sure the reference though- maybe you can ask the Shanghai/Beijing boutique.

Offline sm

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »
Mwf is fast becoming Msf(malaysia Strap forum)! Haha

Sm

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2012, 08:32:09 AM »

Many thanks.

Not sure what you meant by the 'spirit' of PAM. NATO/Canvas straps are part of military heritage- one of which PAMs are born into. Finding the right NATO width would be the challenge - most are smaller than the 24/24 or 26/26..makes it a bit odd if you put the smaller width NATO.

In any case Panerai has an OEM Canvas green strap- the one that comes with the Mare 300. Beautiful strap esp if you pair it with the PVD/DLC PAM. Not sure the reference though- maybe you can ask the Shanghai/Beijing boutique.

Hi ZZ,
Are you referring to this OEM green kanvas strap?

Have it for quite sometime but never put it on yet.

cheers,
ck