Author Topic: Recommend shops selling pre-owned in KL  (Read 56624 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Recommend shops selling pre-owned in KL
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 08:36:45 AM »
How about the flea market in amcorp mall? Heard that there are a few pre-owned each sellers there. Not sure if what they mean is the existing shop owners or other people who open just for the flea market. Anyone have any ideas?

Amcorp flea Market watch seller
type 1 - collector turn seller n repairer... Ppl trying to sell those watches in their collection that lost the love....
Type 2 - vintage stuff seller who travel everywhere to buy, dig... To source for everything to sell

I used to go there... Seldom go now
1. Many vintage watch collector gather every week, they r very close with seller, so any gd piece those collector will hv the 1st hand view
2. Price is high now... No different from buying from shop... But shop provide longer warranty n won't run away easily
3. Not many watch in gd condition... 

Offline Hellkite

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »
Great! Thanks! Will stick to shops then.

Definitely need to go to the Kuching shop to have a look one day. After I save enough to pick up something..  :P

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 02:04:02 PM »
How about the flea market in amcorp mall? Heard that there are a few pre-owned each sellers there. Not sure if what they mean is the existing shop owners or other people who open just for the flea market. Anyone have any ideas?

Chris is right in describing the flea market operator selling watches.
Apart from these "part-timer", there are 4 or 5 shops selling pre-owned watches located at different floors in Amcorp Mall. Some of these shops also do repairs and some do sell other accessories like straps and bracelets.
(Note : Can't name the shops as forum Rules dictate otherwise)

Offline Hellkite

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »

Apart from these "part-timer", there are 4 or 5 shops selling pre-owned watches located at different floors in Amcorp Mall. Some of these shops also do repairs and some do sell other accessories like straps and bracelets.

Thanks! Will go have a look one of these days. Need to get myself acquainted with the KL pre owned market. Only worry is that I will end up picking up something along the way..  :-\ sometimes you just can't resist..

Offline Hellkite

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »
Just saw an advert today for this shop, [Commercial site link not allowed - MOD]

Anyone been there before? Their website is useless. They claim to have Rolex and tudor pre-owned.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:07:23 PM by takashi78 »

Offline Hellkite

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Oops.. sorry, forgot about that.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
Just want to share my bad experience of the shop on Amcorp 2nd Flr.
Asked about the difference in the case back of a vintage watch as compared to pictures researched on the net, the owner was arrogant and rude. The caseback looked very new for a watch made in 1970 so it was a valid question.

Quote: "Of course its genuine. Anyway its only RM 2,000 not RM 20,000. If its sent to the AD and they say it's not genuine, I'll pay you back."

He had the tone, look & attitude of a person who was condescending and gave the impression that his time wasn't worth discussing a 'cheap' watch. He was however most attentive to a customer who was there to collect a Moonwatch… as if that's a high priced watch..His shop sells 90% Rollies and Pams…guess that's all the watches he knows about.

What has RM 2,000 got to do with RM 20,000. So does he means that if its RM 20,000 and its not genuine, he won't or isn't able to refund ?
Wonder which school he went to..

Sure as hell I'm never going to step into that shop again and I'll definitely warn all my WIS friends as well. I'm really pissed.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:53:14 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline sm

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
hi,
i haven't been to the shop at summit, wonder if they open on sunday? Anyone can help?
Thanks!

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »
The shop at summit opens on Sunday after 2pm.
The shop stocks mainly rollie....

Good luck
dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline sm

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2012, 10:45:49 PM »
Thanks David.
I went to one shop at publika and they have some limited stocks. They are a branch of the hq at weld. It is the 1st time I put the Pam california on my wrist, 47 mm, real big.
The shop is just above BIG, next to the escalator.

Sm

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »
Thanks David.
I went to one shop at publika and they have some limited stocks. They are a branch of the hq at weld. It is the 1st time I put the Pam california on my wrist, 47 mm, real big.

Sm

SM, thanks for the info. i always go to BIG for weekend grocery with my wife. will definitely dropby to check out this shop.  :Cheers:
watchManU

Offline volks2

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
pls pm me the shop in summit, would like to drop by to hav a look..

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2012, 01:23:18 PM »
pls pm me the shop in summit, would like to drop by to hav a look..

PM sent

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline myric

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »
any recommendation for good shops selling pre-owned in Penang?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
one of the mods will likely come along and delete your link... however, you have interesting pieces but your Rolex asking prices a little on the high side.

Offline DolCeAddicT

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2012, 07:17:09 AM »
Hello guys, i'm new to this forum. Interesting read so far and had been going through the archive religiously for the past few days. Anyone kind enough to PM me the locations for the recommended preowned shops in KL? I'm looking for either a submariner, GMT or an aquatimer to add to my current collection...cheers guys! :)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »
Hello guys, i'm new to this forum. Interesting read so far and had been going through the archive religiously for the past few days. Anyone kind enough to PM me the locations for the recommended preowned shops in KL? I'm looking for either a submariner, GMT or an aquatimer to add to my current collection...cheers guys! :)

Welcome to the forum. Why not check out our market place? It is a pretty happening place with lots of pre-loved watches.

Offline DolCeAddicT

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
Yep...done that..short listed a couple of pieces that I would like to view in person...so anyone with the contacts willing to drop me a pm? Tq in advance guys! :)

Offline DolCeAddicT

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
Other than the shop in summit, is there any other reputable shops selling preowned in kl? Would love to check out a few more places before deciding on one, thanks guys!

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 09:27:15 PM »
Other than the shop in summit, is there any other reputable shops selling preowned in kl? Would love to check out a few more places before deciding on one, thanks guys!
Please refer to 1st page post #2

Offline DolCeAddicT

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 11:00:11 PM »
Read the post...any further details/contacts for the suggested places?

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2012, 01:10:09 PM »
Read the post...any further details/contacts for the suggested places?

Please take note that details and contact are not allowed to be publicly displayed in teh forum.

A rough direction to ck77 post :
Central market - there is one on the ground floor and another on the 1st floor
Times square - (this I am not sure as I have not been to the pre-owned shops here)
Kota raya complex - be vigilante a bit and you can find a couple of shops on different floors
Bangsar village - there is about 3 shops there plus one or two shops selling new watches too
Subang jaya ss15 - (not sure where)
Ampcorp mall - there are 4 or 5 shops located on different levels in Amcorp mall.
Summit - USJ - 3 shops located on ground (1) and first floors (2),

Offline dpkong

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »

Speaking for myself and maybe for others as well..

For folks not from KL, trying to find the above locations is hard enough, much less getting to the shop. I did manage to get to see one shop in Summit USJ (interesting place) and one in Times Square on the very high floors (don't bother, little choice and poor salesman attitude).

I fail to understand the rationale for not allowing posts with shop details or contact numbers but then I don't have a say in that.

I think for anyone not from KL, the best bet is to find someone who knows all these places and willing to guide you there. Or if you have a lot of time to wander around floor to floor of each complex to find it, hopefully, before losing your patience or losing your stamina. And at the same time, pray that it's not closed when you finally find it.

To be honest, I gave up looking in KL due to lack of information and had a family tagging along which made mobility restricted.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »
Thanks David.

Sm

SM, thanks for the info. i always go to BIG for weekend grocery with my wife. will definitely dropby to check out this shop.  :Cheers:

that elusive shop is always closed when I'm there! buti always go after 8pm...always closed...try my luck later again...maybe try 7.45pm haha

dpkong, when did u visit KL? since kenot meet up in kuching that day maybe can meet in KL haha

cheers

Offline dpkong

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
--> bulletnos

thanks for the offer! will let you know when i am there. normally only during holidays.