Author Topic: Recommend shops selling pre-owned in KL  (Read 56626 times)

Offline tjc

Re: Recommend shops selling pre-owned in KL
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2012, 03:34:52 PM »
for me, i am quite comfortable with the watches there, so before make my decision for the purchase, i would like to gain some feedback from those who had bought from there before. i am sure the feedback from the members will help me a lot in the purchasing. Btw, do you bring your watches for checking the authenticity at the service centre or by any other watch expert?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
Actually, I have never sent the watches I bought there to another watchmaker to check. But the way I look at it is..

1. he gives you a sale receipt showing the watch model and serial number.
2. he also gives a 2 year warranty for his watches, stated on the receipt.
3. he and his father's shop has been in business for decades with a very large customer base.

I don't think it would be in his best interest to sell fakes. In a small town like Kuching, he and his business would be very short-lived if he tried to do that.

However, condition of watches is another matter. Some could be over-polished and not obvious to the trained eye. His father services Rolex for most of his life but whether he has access to genuine parts, I wouldn't know. I have not had to service a watch yet but if I do, I'd probably send it to the RSC in KL.

Offline MerzT

• Merchants
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2012, 10:20:39 PM »
Been to the shop in Sarawak plaza and agree what's sad by dpkong..

Do your own homework on any desired pieces and ask all questions u think appropriate before committing

Offline JPamAP

• Freshie
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »
Try :thumbsup:nnect :Dancing_banana: :thumbsup:n.....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:49:32 AM by takashi78 »

Offline samlaw

« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2012, 09:25:35 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm newbie here and I'm currently looking for a Pre Owned PAM..

Would be grateful any sifu here could guide me the rite path/shop..

Location would be KL area..

My sincere apology, should my question here has been raised by others earlier..

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm newbie here and I'm currently looking for a Pre Owned PAM..

Would be grateful any sifu here could guide me the rite path/shop..

Location would be KL area..

My sincere apology, should my question here has been raised by others earlier..

Hello there~
welcome~! ^^

how about checkin these two links first~

Members' Pre-Owned Watches

Merchant's Sales Corner - Pre-Owned and New Watches

tc cheers~
 :Cheers:
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
for me, i am quite comfortable with the watches there, so before make my decision for the purchase, i would like to gain some feedback from those who had bought from there before. i am sure the feedback from the members will help me a lot in the purchasing. Btw, do you bring your watches for checking the authenticity at the service centre or by any other watch expert?

When Bro. dpkong mentioned do your homework, it includes checking the serial no. and compared it with the list of Rolex watches manufactured with the serial no. to see if it matches the timeline.
As for the inside parts of the Rolex watches, it would be another matter. For the untrained eyes, it may look to be original parts, but nobody knows, right? Anyway, like most of the MWF members will advise, "Buy the Seller first". Satisfy yourself by asking all questions that you have doubts about. Once you are truly satisfied then only you proceed to get your dream watch.

Offline rusminag

« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »
Test the seller first. Tell him that you are just looking, ask some basic questions and see if he can answer at length, passionately and patiently.
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline dpkong

« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »
Test the seller first. Tell him that you are just looking, ask some basic questions and see if he can answer at length, passionately and patiently.

i find that for most sellers, they won't spend a lot of time with you if they are told you are "just looking". you need to specify that you are looking "to buy" and not looking as in "window shopping".

answering passionately about watches will only come from WIS and not watch traders which most sellers with a shopfront to maintain are.

Offline hildagarde

• Freshie
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »
There is one in ampang axis atrium. Name is
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:02:36 PM by takashi78 »

Offline nightwatchman

• Freshie
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the shop in low yat plaza?

Offline tancho

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »

I have been there, but did not purchase anything. The owner is friendly enough, and is willing to engage with customers. 

However, there's not much choice on offer (at least when I was there).  Don't bother to call his handphone or send him any sms inquiring on watches that interest you (if you are responding to his adverts in Mudah, for instance) coz he never take the call nor reply the sms going by my experience.  Better to drop by in person.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:31:54 PM by tancho »

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »
What I despised most is when the watch is taken off the market only to reappear again but in a much higher pricing. Not that nice ler.. ;D

Offline dpkong

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »

Went looking for it once. Very few watches and no one was in when I got there, or was out on a toilet break.

Offline el118

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
I think he open a new shop at time square. Most of the stocks now over there...

Offline nightwatchman

• Freshie
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2013, 06:54:02 PM »
anyone have idea on the authenticity of the watches?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:36 PM »
anyone have idea on the authenticity of the watches?

His asking prices are around market price. But I'm certain no one here is willing to vouch for the authenticity of any seller's goods. Who wants to be blamed (or worse still, sued!) if you happened to buy a fake or franken watch?

Offline nightwatchman

• Freshie
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2013, 07:48:58 AM »
for the benefit of those looking to buy, i went to the shop yesterday. i saw a m series submariner without any papers so i was a bit hesitant. in the end the staff followed me to menara dion and we had the watch authenticated.

Offline utcplus7

• Freshie
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »
What I despised most is when the watch is taken off the market only to reappear again but in a much higher pricing. Not that nice ler.. ;D

That happened to me yesterday morning, for the second time this month. If it is a website listing I cache the page as it was and then as it is following the 'sale' and relisting. If one day we can name and shame them then at least I have the records. In both cases the website changes were very naive.

In the first case as soon as my wife phoned the watch was 'sold' but an identical one was available and they would send an email. The email never arrived and nor was my PM from this site answered, but their website immediately showed the same link to the same watch but at a RM1,000 price increase.

The next tine I had reserved two watches the previous evening, then when the foreigner turned up at opening time  the watches were 'sold'.

Half an hour later I received an SMS as they had found similar models to sell me at a good price. No thanks; always buy the seller first etc.

I have two trusted sellers in KL and I'm now very wary of buying from anyone else.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:09:03 AM by utcplus7 »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »
Where's the location of the dealer who did this?

I'm sure you cannot post shop names but maybe a location is enough for us to know who you're talking about. The locations of the other 2 good dealers would be helpful as well.

Offline utcplus7

• Freshie
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2013, 08:13:24 AM »
That is outside of the rules of the forum. Rather than risk making all dealers in an area appear to be bad, even if I don't know of their existence, it would be better if dealers listing on MWF were rated by those dealing with them.

Both dealers above use MWF, but were contacted outside of the forum via other sites.

For positive experiences, where listed on MWF, I leave feedback in the relevant area.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:54:09 AM by utcplus7 »