Author Topic: What To Wear & Style When Visiting the Watch Shop?  (Read 53395 times)

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
Re: What To Wear & Style When Visiting the Watch Shop?
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
Most of the time when I do window shopping in the Klang valley, I make do with my ¾ pants and t-shirt and of course my err,,rollie. Sorry, I have flipped most of my collections to rollies these days….

As you know, I would just push open the boutique doors (if any) and walk in ….without looking at any of the SA.

I would go straight to the brand that caught my eyes. Most of the times, the SA will approach me and asked if they can assists and I would say no, and let me look around.

The SA will leave me alone, until I signal them to show me a particular piece.

Of course, I will ask a lot of information about the watch including the technical view point. If I continue to show interest, I will ask the SA to take it out and let me feel and touch the watch.

After a few primarily exchanged, I will ask whether this piece is a controlled price structure and if not, what the best discounted rates are offered.

Normally, in this junction, the SA would not said anything offensive (quote; like are you going to buy it or not) If she /he does, they will be sorry, for I am going to raise all hell – until the manager steps in, Remember, the customer is always right.

So, what you wear when walking into a watch shop is not an issue to me….so far. Maybe it could be due to the right watch, I wear at the right time….my 2 cents

dc

Lol the shop at Sg wang (selling alot of panerais) actually scolded me asking me if I wanna buy anything or not? I straight away hit the watch on the table and say "thank you very much" and walk away.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
I know which shop you mean. Was also badly treated there the first time when i was wearing a u-boat. came back the next time(around a month later) with a Pam and shamelessly the fellow there became friendly and a little bit "melebih-lebih" in his demeanour and conversation. I make it a point never to go there whenever i visit KL ever since.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »
Gigi

Frankly speaking, nobody had ever scolded me before in all my watch - window shopping experiences.

I know that shop at the sg wang, actually very arrogant when you first appoarch them..and when I wanted to sell/trade back my wife cartier to them (bought from the same shop), they treat me like yoyo and quoted half the market price. ...and i almost loose all hell at that jerk...........my wife was with me then and I did not make a scene. And that the last time I visits them

dc
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:59:19 PM by David_cheong »
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2011, 10:33:05 PM »
yeah Cock-tina over here is well known for staff with the bo kum muan face. as if they are forced to work there.

went in to the one in Paragon and all their staff were chewing something in their mouth.... what a bad first impression.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline wslee

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »

Bro Krusell,
I had this watch as well.Wear it on daily basis
My first expensive watch but i had changed the strap
Hehehe!!!
 :Cheers:

Well that is good.. Care to share your wrist shot? I'm been thinking to get a spare strap but dunno what would suit. Can suggest to me bro? ;D
 :Cheers:

Here You Go

Sometimes i think it suits but at times it doesn't. Just change it for a fresh look,kind of bored with the original straps..
hahahaha 
:Dancing_banana:

What do u all think?
Honest opinion.. :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline krusell

• Freshie
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »

Here You Go

Sometimes i think it suits but at times it doesn't. Just change it for a fresh look,kind of bored with the original straps..
hahahaha 
:Dancing_banana:

What do u all think?

:
Honest opinion.. :Laughing_on_floor:

Well it look different! Now I am  thinking of changing the strap..   :thumbsup:
"Happy are they that can hear their detractions and put them to mending"

Offline Manburg

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »
I know which shop you mean. Was also badly treated there the first time when i was wearing a u-boat. came back the next time(around a month later) with a Pam and shamelessly the fellow there became friendly and a little bit "melebih-lebih" in his demeanour and conversation. I make it a point never to go there whenever i visit KL ever since.

I think I also know which outlet that was meant. I went there only once. The guy's face (someone told me he's the boss - the one with the remote to the door) was not friendly at all. I thought we're the customers, but his demeanour (with arms crossed) was like a prison warder looking over a prisoner doing the chores. Apala ...  ???   
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
I missed this sg wang watch shop shoulf go there and Experience their top notch customer service LOL

Offline rusminag

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »
I missed this sg wang watch shop shoulf go there and Experience their top notch customer service LOL
I thought that they also have another branch in bangsar. Correct?
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
Gigi

Frankly speaking, nobody had ever scolded me before in all my watch - window shopping experiences.

I know that shop at the sg wang, actually very arrogant when you first appoarch them..and when I wanted to sell/trade back my wife cartier to them (bought from the same shop), they treat me like yoyo and quoted half the market price. ...and i almost loose all hell at that jerk...........my wife was with me then and I did not make a scene. And that the last time I visits them

dc

David,

After experiencing this. I made a point to myself that I wont do window shopping on watch shop anymore unless with kaki's like you or at AD that other member usually patronise.

Sigh, the 2nd hand shop owner (only one here) here is much more friendlier than most of them back in malaysia. Got too meet some of good chap there too. lol

Offline steveting

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
their tauke should see this post!

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »
I thought that they also have another branch in bangsar. Correct?
No idea bro, let the sifu here enlighten us. The preown shop I visit at times square is quite ok no dead father face maybe the oversize watches on my wrist warn them better be nice with me LOL

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »
your oversized watch got ppl give  :thumbsup: one wor  :Laughing_on_floor:

No idea bro, let the sifu here enlighten us. The preown shop I visit at times square is quite ok no dead father face maybe the oversize watches on my wrist warn them better be nice with me LOL
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:36:48 PM by terrenceterrence »

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »
Gigi (Abel)

Glad that you found some friendly chap selling oreowned at your end.

When entering any watch, act confidently and don't give a hoot to SA staring at you. If they nod / smile at you, return the same. Then all is well. That's part of the game.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »
Gigi (Abel)

When entering any watch, act confidently and don't give a hoot to SA staring at you. If they nod / smile at you, return the same. Then all is well. That's part of the game.

dc

I guess you mean act like you are the boss eh?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
your oversized watch got ppl give  :thumbsup: one wor  :Laughing_on_floor:

Bro, u shd know it doesn't work very time , remember the preown shop with quite a number of 1655? The old guy ask why buy Pam? Not worth it at all LOL...

Now eyeing on preown RO if not 5065 jumbo.. Wanna start my own tradition liao...kakaka

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »
aiks i thought u went back KL to pick up the VC?  ???

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »
I haven't make up my mind leh.. Got few options:-
1. Bnib VC oversea chrono
2. Preown 5065 jumbo
3. Preown RO 14790 military dial + preown Daytona
4. Dump all the $ into stock market or gold bar
5. Buy another house in KL as investment
6. Keep the money for rainy day.. I believe the next crisis is around the corner

Offline sshark

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
so many options?? :)

Offline compaq10

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2011, 04:32:38 AM »
Dennis if you ask any good investor, they will definitely recommend No 4 & 5 but if you ask us, definitely go and get yourself a new watch  :D I tend to lead a balance life i.e a little bit of saving every month for rainy days, some small investment here and there and when there is a good return in investment, I treat myself buying watch and indulge myself  ;D ;D

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2011, 05:33:33 AM »
Gold and KL real estate are both ridiculously overpriced. Why bother? They dont provide reasonable streams of profitable annuities, and require ongoing upkeep costs. Your savings account yields better return in comparison.

Buying either commodity at today's spot prices certainly is not the best investing decision - unless you have the capacity to sit on a speculative position.
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline krusell

• Freshie
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2011, 06:13:53 AM »
Gold and KL real estate are both ridiculously overpriced. Why bother? They dont provide reasonable streams of profitable annuities, and require ongoing upkeep costs. Your savings account yields better return in comparison.

Buying either commodity at today's spot prices certainly is not the best investing decision - unless you have the capacity to sit on a speculative position.

Kind a agree with you bro.  :thumbsup:
"Happy are they that can hear their detractions and put them to mending"

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2011, 07:26:57 AM »
Gigi (Abel)

dc

I guess you mean act like you are the boss eh?

Ya, we are the Boss. You want our business or not?
We like, we buy.
We see, we don't like, we go sumwhere else.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2011, 06:32:26 PM »
The price of a preown aquanut is equal to Daytona so I am another ikan bilis too..

Offline sshark

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2011, 09:11:23 PM »
dennis u r ikan bilis.. but a twice fatter ikan bilis  :)