Author Topic: What To Wear & Style When Visiting the Watch Shop?  (Read 53395 times)

Offline krusell

• Freshie
What To Wear & Style When Visiting the Watch Shop?
« on: August 08, 2011, 03:03:38 AM »
Last weekend, taken out for a spin with wife and kids to look for another watch for collection. Had done most of the research and at the end, at last the wife couldn't stand anymore looking at her hubby always browsing the net on watches watches watches..  ;D

So went into a few ADs and start looking for the next jewel and of course i have a figure limited due to the last damage made on my first BALL.

Not sure what these ADs sales associate look at the people coming in and out their store but at least a little respect should always there. Surely i'm not a guy that stick a credit card on my forehead or waving a cash when going in their store, but at least try to give us a pleasant experience. Not only happened at one AD, but most of it. I'm the customer so i can't say much and just ask my wife and kids to walk out from their shop (Fasting ma..).

Then drive to another place and at last meet with a very good sales associate and after all that unpleasant feeling, straight on made out the deal as wife and kids are almost exhausted entertaining me.. ahakss!  ;)

To those sombong2 SA whom i met, just wana say ...  :mooning:

But the strap is not good lah. coz my wrist in too thin..  >:( need to go back to the AD and see the technician..huhuuhuhu
"Happy are they that can hear their detractions and put them to mending"

Offline kenixck

Re: What To Wear & Style When Visiting the Watch Shop?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:18:05 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:05 AM »
most of the time they dont bother to look at your dressing but what is on the wrist. I personally did an experiment before. Once I walked into an AD with a DSSD, the SA very polite, respectful and obliging. Of course, the discount given was also not as good. Second time, i walked in using a g-shock. SA was a bit rude and not so obliging. Discounts however were slightly better and so ended up buying. Once you buy something, their attitude turn 180 degrees. So i always love to be underrated first then only i show the true colour.

By the way, that fortis is very nice. Is the lume very strong and what color is the lume?
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:03:04 AM »
try wearing a Grand seiko in.. I doubt they know what the hell are these (some of them do know abt it). If they ignore that thier lost.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:51:30 AM »
Nice Fortis!
PVD case?

Offline krusell

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 07:28:19 AM »
most of the time they dont bother to look at your dressing but what is on the wrist. I personally did an experiment before. Once I walked into an AD with a DSSD, the SA very polite, respectful and obliging. Of course, the discount given was also not as good. Second time, i walked in using a g-shock. SA was a bit rude and not so obliging. Discounts however were slightly better and so ended up buying. Once you buy something, their attitude turn 180 degrees. So i always love to be underrated first then only i show the true colour.

By the way, that fortis is very nice. Is the lume very strong and what color is the lume?

I thought of the b42 marine master at first but the SA had given me good recommendation on the Mars 500.

Don't think its lume actually. Specs sheet only say superluminova at 12hrs, and the second hand only.

Offline krusell

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:30:20 AM »
Nice Fortis!
PVD case?

Yes. It's PVD.  :)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:39:57 AM »
If you were thinking of Fortis should have told us, if you see in our GTG section we have a forum "friend" who has a shop in Bangsar.
Always great service and good prices.
few of us bought from there before.

So where is the wrist shoot of your new watch? hehe

Offline krusell

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 07:50:01 AM »
Will post the shot a bit later  ;D . Alamak... I should have consult you guys first  :'( :'( I had a few choices before decided on Fortis. Maybe because of the SA and other stuff, ended up with fortis.

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 10:35:28 AM »
Good example of politeness and respect bagging the deal  :thumbsup:

Nice fortis mate! and happy fasting
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline rusminag

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
If I am going to high end watch shop, I will make sure I have my pammie or rollie on. Feel more comfortable asking the sales person to let the stocks out for wrist test. Then just walk out after molesting all the watches. :Dancing_banana:
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline bigkahuna

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »
So far my experience has been pretty positive with most watch shops. I’ve not really encountered any of these sales people with bad attitude although I do notice the sales rep tends to judge a person base on what’s strapped around their wrist. With that said, I normally do not wear anything on my wrist when I walk into any watch shops as I always hope I’ll walk out with something wrapped around it  :Praying:
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much - Oscar Wilde

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
Everywhere is the same, not only in watch AD, those store selling bag, leather goods and etc., But when I go to this place, I wear casual, just to understand their CS. But if I certain want to buy a watch, I will wear slipper with no watch on my wrist, those CS is good, I will definitely buy. At least no "Pigeon Eye"

BTW, nice Fortis there, I owned Fortis too, but got to let it go to make way for others  ;D
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline MadZiZ

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »
Just wear anything you wanna, if they look at how and what you dress and don't entertain you then to Fish with them!!! Someone will eventually get the commission if he/she is personally interested in and layans you. This is the type of people i would rather give $ to as they are more sincere then those that just judge the book by its cover.  :Mad: In my line, those that wears the most bling bling have empty pockets then those that are just down to earth LOL!!!  :Laughing_on_floor: :mooning:

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »
What line is that Madziz? :Laughing_on_floor:

personally i also have not had much problem as well. I have not bought many watches though, two in 3 years due to no kaki. since in MWF maybe I'll be aiming for 4 good buys :) Hence need to save a lot now  :thumbsup:

Siodee, for bag etc, so far no problem :Laughing_on_floor: that is also my favourite haha
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 05:38:26 PM »
tht day walk in [Mention of AD name not allowed- MOD] starhill, wearing a g shock....no anyone give a damn to me.....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:50:03 PM by takashi78 »

Offline MadZiZ

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
Bro Sham....if they dun entertain you it is their lost ;)  :Laughing_on_floor: :thumbsdown:

Offline MadZiZ

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
Hey bro Sid my line is repairing iphones....LOL.  :Laughing_on_floor: :Dancing_banana: :Jumping:

Offline krusell

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
If you were thinking of Fortis should have told us, if you see in our GTG section we have a forum "friend" who has a shop in Bangsar.
Always great service and good prices.
few of us bought from there before.

So where is the wrist shoot of your new watch? hehe

Now it feels right after visiting the technician. Need to gain some weight .. hehehehhe  :Praying:

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »
I was looking for a nice watch for my mum last month, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans with Tissot on wist @ Sungei Wang.
Ask for best price for the a watch, get insulted by the SA. HE said: "After asking the best discount, are you going to buy it?"
!@#$%^&*()_+  :Blue:I walk away from the shop, and tried to survey at other shop.
Went into [Mention of AD name not allowed- MOD], a nice mid age lady SA serve me.
In the end bought a Datejust for my mum.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:51:03 PM by takashi78 »

Offline krusell

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 06:53:55 PM »

Hmm.. the lume not so cun comparing to BALL. Here how it look. At least i can still read the dial.

BALL

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
Bro Sham....if they dun entertain you it is their lost ;)  :Laughing_on_floor: :thumbsdown:
hahahaha correct... G shock n short pant this.... Them told i go in kacau kacau only.... Last time i walk in [Mention of AD name not allowed- MOD]kk, aso same, wearing a working dirty t shirt n short pant, going testing a submariner, lansi me the sales man, but after tht i said i pay cash for the sub, direct the salesman treat me like god this hahahaha
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:52:03 PM by takashi78 »

Offline MadZiZ

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
Bro Krussel nice  :thumbsup:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 08:54:23 PM »
hahahaha correct... G shock n short pant this.... Them told i go in kacau kacau only.... Last time i walk in [Mention of AD name not allowed- MOD]kk, aso same, wearing a working dirty t shirt n short pant, going testing a submariner, lansi me the sales man, but after tht i said i pay cash for the sub, direct the salesman treat me like god this hahahaha
Sure boh? You're so well known in KK, where got ppl dare to lansi you... ???
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Manburg

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Well, I tend to agree that most of the SAs that I encounter would very politely and courteously layan my queries if the piece wrapped around my wrist is either an Omega or Rolex. Except one stupid and arrogant lady SA in SgWang with whom I dealt with on a Blackbird Luminox. When I asked to handle the watch, she acted as if I'm a kampung boy that wanted to run away with it. "That one is RM10,000 you know". Shite! :Scolding:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY