Author Topic: Project watch  (Read 38542 times)

Offline Sid Vicious

Re: Project watch
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
I'll be keen on this one too :thumbsup:

I'll follow the opinions of the sifus here, I'm guessing it will be a cool project nevertheless with the quality that is already evident of MWF
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline takashi78

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »
I love the cali dial option! and the center sec hands is good as well.

Hobbit,
Try to PM Danny, he is the owner of the forum so he should be able to give you a final decision.

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
How about superlume and AR?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »
For those who is serious about this project pls PM Hobbit so he can have a list on how many person is interested.

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
PM sent :thumbsup:
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »

ancs88,

Yes the watch will have Superlume and AR coating on the inside of the crystal. I have the design in my head and on paper but still finalising. Once that is done, I will run a vote on certain aspects of the watch, like the bezel options, dial lume colour, dial design, display back or solid, but basically that will be it. I know that that is not much, but I have experienced watch design by a committee does not work and in the long term there are too much inputs and things just don't get done.

I apologise if this sounds like I am not taking any input but I really appreciate and value all inputs on the watch as it (if it materialises) will be our watch. But like I said, a watch design by a committee will not work. We can't please everybody. So I will and am apologising to everyone if the watch cannot meet your expectations in terms of design as I know and believe we cannot please everyone. But I will endeavour that it will meet your expectations in terms of quality.

Offline Friday

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

I apologise if this sounds like I am not taking any input but I really appreciate and value all inputs on the watch as it (if it materialises) will be our watch. But like I said, a watch design by a committee will not work. We can't please everybody. So I will and am apologising to everyone if the watch cannot meet your expectations in terms of design as I know and believe we cannot please everyone. But I will endeavour that it will meet your expectations in terms of quality.

Hobbit, your 1st proposed design is already good enough for me... ;) few bits here n there then it'll be perfect for us mwf members imo..but ur suggestion on making a poll on bezel n etc might be good to make a consensus; take on board all ideas to make it a truely mwf 1st masterpiece.. :Cheers:

But most important of all is the cost factor so we can cater as many as possible our mwf members..

Any way im definitely in on this one n pm sent :thumbsup:
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »
Hi Hobbit!

I understand it's almost impossible to please everyone. I'm in for this project and I'm pretty sure the finalized design will be great since the ones providing inputs here are sifus on MWF. I'm still very much a noob actually and I will accept the design as it is but if need to vote, I'll do my part!!!

Anyway, it's an interesting and fun project!!! Looking forward to it.

Cheers! :Cheers:

ancs88,

Yes the watch will have Superlume and AR coating on the inside of the crystal. I have the design in my head and on paper but still finalising. Once that is done, I will run a vote on certain aspects of the watch, like the bezel options, dial lume colour, dial design, display back or solid, but basically that will be it. I know that that is not much, but I have experienced watch design by a committee does not work and in the long term there are too much inputs and things just don't get done.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
i think maybe we can omit the strap and fancy packaging and see-through caseback to cut down on the cost. 2824 is nothing really much to look at anyway.

the caseback space could be better utilised for our logo and maybe the serial number and name of owner.

love the look of the zenograph

might need the final breakdown of the total cost to convince more ppl to jump into the bandwagon.

but guess I sudah no choice....sudah lama masuk kereta already  :Laughing_on_floor:

count me in.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Friday

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »
i think maybe we can omit the strap and fancy packaging and see-through caseback to cut down on the cost. 2824 is nothing really much to look at anyway.

the caseback space could be better utilised for our logo and maybe the serial number and name of owner.
might need the final breakdown of the total cost to convince more ppl to jump into the bandwagon.
but guess I sudah no choice....sudah lama masuk kereta already  :Laughing_on_floor:
count me in.

Sudah lama masuk kereta ok what...jangan tertnggal kereta sudah...me dont have anything to call a car yet..
:HammerHead:

Also i would like to concur with terrence, but to hv a nice (impervious to water one  :Praying:) wotancraft leather strap wont do much harm either.. :Dancing_banana: since hobbit can personally discuss with wotan to kawtim for d price...
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »
wah kodiak leather not cheap wei

Offline Friday

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 09:30:52 PM »
wah kodiak leather not cheap wei

Thats why...  :Praying: :angel: :Praying: :angel: :Praying: :angel: :Praying: :angel: :Praying: my friend... ;D and minus the 30 rubber strap if get d kodiak wan la right?

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 09:40:05 PM »
wow! think this is a record for our forum. 24 hours and 3 pages.

btw thank you Ivan for the thought and planning. Although this idea may or may not pan out but atleast it's a dream and something for our forum to look forward to.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Friday

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 09:53:28 PM »
+100

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »
Hi Hobbit,
This looks like a very promising project that you're proposing. Thanks for doing this.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the final design. It's looking very good so far.

:Cheers:

Offline bigkahuna

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 05:15:29 AM »
Personally, I think Kodiak straps would be perfect but it's expensive and would probably be difficult to keep overall cost below 2K. However, whatever you guys decide, I'm sure it will be fantastic and I would really love to be part of it. Hope this project will materialize as I can't wait to see the final product!
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much - Oscar Wilde

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 05:49:20 AM »

count me in.

Sudah lama masuk kereta ok what...jangan tertnggal kereta sudah...me dont have anything to call a car yet..
:HammerHead:

Also i would like to concur with terrence, but to hv a nice (impervious to water one  :Praying:) wotancraft leather strap wont do much harm either.. :Dancing_banana: since hobbit can personally discuss with wotan to kawtim for d price...

jangan tertinggal woi.............rugi dan menyesal!!!!!!

again im ok with the plan :) excellent timing...very exclusive :D
 :thumbsup:
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline takashi78

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 07:02:19 AM »
Solid case back seems like a good idea. Great way to put our MWF logo there.

One suggestion.

- Might be good to put "one of xxx" instead of "x/xx" for the LE engraving.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 07:34:22 AM »
Just a thoughts, Hobbit, if you think the final piece is what you like for the watch, go for it, too many options or opinions will kill the project since everybody has their own preference. As long as you think it will be a unique and a cool watch to have, I am in. Well, at least a limited edition of 100 or 200 pieces. Just a small request from me, I want the number 8 for the watch, mean mine will be 8/100 or 8/200  ;D

1) Siodee  :thumbsup:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline fistball

• Freshie
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »
My suggestion would be , make the design for the hand, the submariner hand style. the other most important point is , 100 mtr/200 mtr /300 mtr water resist?

And , for the achieving of 200 pcs, how about getting on the groupon or any other deal a day website, to grab more ppl's attention?

And then, setup a blog to update on the project??and name the project. So that we got a name for the watch?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »
The manufacturer she b able to help to do the rendering...
I did that b4. They can source the eta 2824-2
they can get it assemble in Swiss to b Swiss made
or assemble in Hk/Guangzhou

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »
Hi Hobbit,
This looks like a very promising project that you're proposing. Thanks for doing this.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the final design. It's looking very good so far.

Danny,

Was going to PM you today. Anyway, do we have your go a ahead to use the MWF logo and perhaps call it the MWF watch project?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »
Solid case back seems like a good idea. Great way to put our MWF logo there.

One suggestion.

- Might be good to put "one of xxx" instead of "x/xx" for the LE engraving.

takashi78,

That is part of the idea to have a solid back and have the MWF logo in the center of the case back. Also I am in agreement with the LE engraving as it will remove 'unwanted' number.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2011, 08:33:50 AM »
My suggestion would be , make the design for the hand, the submariner hand style. the other most important point is , 100 mtr/200 mtr /300 mtr water resist?

And , for the achieving of 200 pcs, how about getting on the groupon or any other deal a day website, to grab more ppl's attention?

And then, setup a blog to update on the project??and name the project. So that we got a name for the watch?

fistball,

Thank you for your input but at the moment, the sub type hands is not really in the picture at all. I have nothing against the hands, but I don't really want a Zerograph homage. The watch will be rated at 100 M at the moment. I will work with the manufacturer on the cost of getting the watch down to 300 M. If the cost is marginal, we will go for it. If not, I will put it to a vote.

As for the name, if I can get the approval from Danny and the mods, it will be called the MWF project watch.

As for going on big for the project, if we get people outside the group, the watch may not be of much value to the group. Additionally payment and collection and delivery could be an issue.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2011, 08:35:36 AM »
The manufacturer she b able to help to do the rendering...
I did that b4. They can source the eta 2824-2
they can get it assemble in Swiss to b Swiss made
or assemble in Hk/Guangzhou

Chrisyen,

Thank for the input.