Author Topic: Arguments for and against Rolex  (Read 104050 times)

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Arguments for and against Rolex
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
Hmmm all ah long also wear pants and t-shirts... ;)
:Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline rusminag

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
The concern of wearing Rolex is snatch thief using 'Parang' to get your Rolex(either its ori or replica)... easiest way for them is to cut your hand....  I will not wear it daily... maybe during special occasion only...
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 07:41:44 AM »
Dude...there are tons of Rolex around the world. Unless you are wearing a all out blinged Rolex no one would hardly notice any SS sports model Rolex.

I wear my Sub all around the world and have hardly felt any unsafe
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline sshark

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 07:56:35 AM »
From time to time, I heard the parang-chopping-hand-wearing-rolex myth, is it scheme to make rolex owner keep their rollies in the safe deposit box ? It is not easy to chop a hand off and take the watch. Not to mention the mess it created. Your hand is not dead wood, dry and fragile. If u r in ur senior years, probably more fragile. also, u won't hold still for him to chop ur hand, right? Back to the question, y not I hold the parang to ur neck and relieve u of ur watch. No blood, no mess, no yelling. And of course, the robber has no personal vendetta against u ;)

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
From time to time, I heard the parang-chopping-hand-wearing-rolex myth, is it scheme to make rolex owner keep their rollies in the safe deposit box ? It is not easy to chop a hand off and take the watch. Not to mention the mess it created. Your hand is not dead wood, dry and fragile. If u r in ur senior years, probably more fragile. also, u won't hold still for him to chop ur hand, right? Back to the question, y not I hold the parang to ur neck and relieve u of ur watch. No blood, no mess, no yelling. And of course, the robber has no personal vendetta against u ;)
totally aggred with u....  :thumbsup:
Jacky Wong

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 05:58:22 AM »
Insert Quote
Dude...there are tons of Rolex around the world. Unless you are wearing a all out blinged Rolex no one would hardly notice any SS sports model Rolex.

I wear my Sub all around the world and have hardly felt any unsafe

+1 exceptbthat I have not bought mind yet.

I'm guessing the less obvious models should be ok nv hard to stare at people watch in my experience. Some of the seiko also looks like certain rolexes too
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Manburg

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »
i dont like rolex since most of them wear by ah long...

You must have known quite a lot of ah long to be able to know that most of them wear rolex ...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline Manburg

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »

:thumbsup:

Hmmm ... I got the impression here that in your previous life, you've had a career as an ah long? :D

But I'm not bold enough to suggest that sshark is actually an acronym for loans shark!  ;D
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline rockdaman

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
To the person who wrote that originally: Come on...get a life!

For me no matter what i m going to buy: I ONLY BUY THE THING I LIKE AND I LIVE WITH IT

The only worst case is when i need to buy something i dont wish to have it.

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 12:25:42 PM »
+1 on Rockdaman on buying stuff that you like and living with it

No comment on "get a life " ;D

and again +1 on worse case scenario...........something like the bike I bought and then needing to upgrade much sooner than I wanted :p cost more in the end!
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Friday

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »
As for me..personally cause i want to be part of the history..of Rolex... :Dancing_banana:
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 05:45:41 PM »
As for me..personally cause i want to be part of the history..of Rolex... :Dancing_banana:

you want Rolex in your own personal history

or

you want to be part of Rolex' history?

if it's the latter, then the easiest way is to start a revolution wearing a Rolex

Offline Friday

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »

you want Rolex in your own personal history

or
you want to be part of Rolex' history?

if it's the latter, then the easiest way is to start a revolution wearing a Rolex

:Laughing_on_floor: then the latter that is.... :police:
Love that pic... Viva la revolusion
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:56:25 PM by Friday »
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline beemaro

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »
prepare to spend RM1850 for regular service of the SUB :)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »
You gotta pay to play bro!

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
Kind of reminded me of my good friend who is a big time collector who told another friend when he was bitching why the service cost of his German watch is 5 figures. He said if you cannot afford to play, don't play. If you want to buy watches that cost 6 figures, be ready to pay when service is due.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
I have trouble understanding people that want to own a BMW or Merc but expect to spend money for maintenance like a Proton or Perodua. I mean, it goes without saying that that's the name of the game.

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »
+1 manburg

Must not only calculate upfront cost but also maintenance cost. Anyways is like 400 a year so close to a dollar a bit a day ;)
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline beemaro

• Freshie
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
:) :)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
hey service cost of a rolex is way cheaper than some ppl's annual fags/booze expenses.

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 10:13:11 AM »
hey service cost of a rolex is way cheaper than some ppl's annual fags/booze expenses.

i agree..... i wish i can giv up the fags/boozes expenses... :Blue:
Jacky Wong

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »
Not yearly but monthly fags booze n chicks expenses...  ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
hahaha... ya chicks too.... :laugh:
Jacky Wong

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »
My the other half is happy that I spent my extra dough on watches.....not on fags, chick, song and booze.. :Dancing_banana:

Really, cross my heart, none of the above.  :thumbsup:

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Manburg

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »
Hmmm ... booze, cigar, chicks. :o  No wonder my wife never said a word about my watch collecting habit. :angel: