Author Topic: Watch Shop in Malaysia  (Read 55117 times)

Offline pisces

Re: Watch Shop in Malaysia
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:13 AM »
I was at this S shop in KLCC yesterday and was well treated by this guy called L******e.
Good product knowledge and patiently showed me the report on the benefits of the Co-Axial movement.
However, I have other opinion on another plump guy (not bother to see his name tag) who was ignorant and to a certain degree, arrogant!! >:(

Offline ultraman

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »
Actually my experience with both S + C has been good, even though every time i walk in with my RM10 t-shirt, shorts and crocs. In fact these SA are now my friends and I call/sms them whenever i need to check on stocks availability!!

My only bad experience was one of the shop hi-end shop in sunway pyramid. Man that was the worse ever experience. The way they acted was as though i was going to rob their store.  :Mad:  :Scolding:

But then again i do not blame them if they are initially a bit cold. Tons of ppl walk in and out of their stores each day and a lot of time wasters loiter around. But they are after all in the service industry. the least they could do is to be professional about the whole thing

Offline kwh74

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »
Well not everyone in the service industry especially the high traffic flow customer are being trained in Disneyland, where can answer all the question with a smile all day long.

Just curious ever anyone of us, try to put themself in their shoes.  Yes i agree customer is king but to a certain extend.

Everyone will have a bad day sometimes.  Maybe we bump into them at the wrong time.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »
I am frm the Service Industry. (Previously)
My boss always say put on a smile when u start work and when u finish, do whatever you want with that smile.
Know your product knowledge and serve everyone with respect.
Do not treat caucasian better than locals coz everyone is equal.
Do not judge by what they're wearing or what car they're driving.
They might not afford to be your client today but keep the door open for them to be your client in the future.
That's exactly how I worked for 3 years. Got promoted twice but did not have any savings coz I was spending all that I earn.
Made the decision to move back to KK and never looked back since.
What makes the difference is not the amount of knowledge that you have but more on the attitude on life and work.
Oh yeah, one more thing.
I notice that some customers or clients will be really snobby and rude but if you always keep with a polite attitude, they will feel ashamed and apologize when all the problems are settled.
Happened 8 out of 10 times. Personal experience.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:26:01 PM by hanz079 »
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline gloomis

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
today went to a shop in ss2, very friendly service. willing to take out all the model let me molest. tis is call service lah.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline pisces

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
today went to a shop in ss2, very friendly service. willing to take out all the model let me molest. tis is call service lah.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Watch shop at SS2??
Care to share the location???

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »

Watch shop at SS2??
Care to share the location???

Reminder. Please use PM.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
hmm...i think to be fair... we can't just put the blame on all the sales person... although they are a lot of bad salespersons (lousy EQ and too arragont (those top sales fella?? :D)) out there la... but dont' forgot there are a lot of good too  :thumbsup:

sometimes we have to undertand that they are tired (standing all day long, sales target, internal competition/politic, etc) and getting too many request to just looking/molesting the watch and no real intention buying... actually, to me, it's nothing wrong (i mean we handle the watch/look/molest before buying, just that have to be extra careful and handle it with real care).. the sales person just that they have to protect their product/watches to avoid any scratches/hairlines/etc... imagine if you are the buyer and you got your piece with a lot hairline/some hidden scratches?

there was one time i saw a guy dropped the watch right infront of the salesperson while he molesting the watch... i'm not sure if he end up buying it or not but lucky me that's not the peice i wanted... then another personal exprerience, it happened last year when i was hunting my JLC reverso (Grand GMT).. i found one piece in one of the AD but i didn't get from them because the piece has a lot hairlines and the case has some ding at the contact point where the watch flip over... the saleperson told me this was because the customers who playing with it didn't know the right way reversing the watch....

all in all, i think if we (as a customer) "behaving" OK and i'm sure the salesperson will definately serve us well... at least, my opinion la ;)

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
agree with scott. Some molester want to play with the watch but not buy. Always state to the salesman, " I am interested to buy XXX. Can I have a look at it?" sure got no problems. Know a preowned seller who just refuses to show the watch to 'new walk-in customers' as they see then they scratch but didnt buy. Happened a few times and he had to lower the price thereafter. However, having said that, arrogance and tiredness + stress are two very different things. My 2 cents.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline gloomis

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2011, 05:34:20 AM »
nice to see n nice to touch, once damage consider sold. so consumer offcoz have to be prepare if wan to molest the watch. think twice if u can afford to pay the damage o not before touching it. hahaha

Offline mpower

• Freshie
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2011, 11:09:23 AM »
It is very normal for Malaysian mentality here to act this way. Same for other industries too.

Offline sanguoich

• Freshie
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »
I encounter this before as well. Unfriendly sales staff. The guy even asked me to stand further away while he opened the watch case!
His attitude changed when I asked whether he had a different variant of the watch I asked for and I quoted the model numbers ...   8)

You have the good ones and bad ones, but generally I feel most sales people will judge you by your appearance when you first walk in.

Offline azzamov

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
I would say that customer service of luxury brands in Malaysia is lacking.
They really do see what your attire or what watch you're wearing in the case of buying watches.
Sometimes, I prefer juz looking frm outside. Window shopping so to speak.
Of course they will be nice to you once you bought an expensive watch frm them.
But the customer service should start even before a sale is made.
Some ppl willing to spend 1st and then realize that their attitude change 180 degrees.
For me, I'd rather take my money elsewhere.
There's a local AD in Kota Kinabalu that I'm sure 100% friendly even without buying anything.
The shop carries Mont Blanc, Omega, Tissot, Certina, Epos, Maurice Lacroix, Baume n Mercier, Swatch, Citizen, Seiko and Casio and some fashion brands like CK watches and etc.
The first time I visit the shop, I was not gonna buy anything, he strike up a conversation with me, telling me alot about watches.
That time I was wearing a Fossil Watch. He told me that if I'm going for a 1st swiss, Tissot will be the best choice as the price is quite reasonable.
Since the shop is juz opposite of my office, I visited him almost twice every week. Any other owner will juz leave me alone and lemme look around, but not him... he will always try to strike up a conversation with me.
So, when I got my year end bonus, I bought myself a Tissot T-Race 2004 Athens Olympics.
My 1st swiss watch.  :Dancing_banana:
Then after that, I stayed quiet for 3 years without getting any watches.
I din go to his shop for 3 years and when I did, he remembered me and ask me how was my Tissot. Great I say. But really worn coz it was on my wrist all the time. Din have any other watch to rotate.
That time my 2nd child is already on d way and I was getting better financially and when I thought of getting a new watch, the 1st place I'd thought of going was to the same shop. The rest I will continue in another day as my blabbing is becoming quite long.
Bottom line is, customer service is important. Even today, i will still buy frm the same shop over and over again.
BTW, I juz got my 2 kids their 1st swiss watches, 2 Flik Flaks and a CK watch for my lady for Valentines... all frm the same shop.
I'm happy spending my money there than spending somewhere that doesn't value my business. :Cheers:

Hanz079, I knew the local AD in KK that you mention above. I'm totally agreed with you, their customer service is really good. Same like you, I visit their shop almost once a week (that time that's the only shopping mall in KK).
If I'm not mistaken, I bought around 6 watches from them before...Definitely will drop by their shop again if I travel to KK again in future

Offline watchboy

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2011, 10:06:29 AM »
Hi all .. need some help to recommend a good place to buy watch ... am just starting into watches and looking at getting something along the lines of IWC, ML, Rolex - maybe Glashutte. Looking for a place with good range (so that I can try before I buy) and also a place that will give good/ best price. Basically, I would like to have one shop where I can build a good long term relationship with the ppl there and talk to them about new models, pre-owned, etc. while i build my collection over the next 5-10 years. Can PM me ok, thx in advance!

Also want to share:
Have been looking at a few shops in Bangsar, Pavilion and Gardens. So far my experience has been pretty good. They talk to me nicely, give good discount, let me try, talk to me about the watches, etc. etc.
Yesterday, purposely took a trip to KLCC to check out the shops there - and was very excited. I stepped into one and right from the start the guy was rude and unfriendly. He kept on playing with his phone, replied to me in short sentences and after I asked him about certain ML, AP and IWC watches, he said that absolutely no discounts for all and he told me that I asked him about 3 different brands and have no focus ... and said what is my budget.

I was fuming mad and just walked out. Even though I look young, I always talk nicely and confidently and have never experienced anything close to this kind of service. I went to look for the other shop but unfortunately it was closed for company dinner.
I was so disappointed and for the whole night I wanted to give up looking at watches - no mood at all.

Thought I would give up my watch hunt for a while but luckily this morning, I was bored at work and stumbled on MWF again, haha... so i guess my hunt is back on!!

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »
@watchman

Dun give up bro...
There's always a place that value your business.
I'm sure you will get alot of PMs later telling you some good places.
Unless you're in KK, I can't help... ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline sogoatticus

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
i've been the S shop recently at Pavilion hunting my mid range watch, the salesperson served me very well even though i looked like rempit :p  :Dancing_banana:

Offline wslee

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 11:25:14 PM »
The 1st time i went to S***** in pavillion,the experience wasnt that good. The SA was talking each other just ignoring me but i guess they knew that i just window shopping only,couldnt blame them though. Only towards walking out the shop,there was this senior SA(looks quite old) asking whether we need any help. He was very nice to show me Bell & Ross as i was targeting this watch that time.

2nd encounter, as me and my friend were walk in to the same shop. Immediately the two lady SA stopped chit chat and stood up. At least, they respect us as the customer. Overall was ok. I was merely window shopping all the time esp for watch

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »
I recently encounter the Wxxxx shop has bad service, I bought the watch from their shop in 1U and after 1 week, I decided to ask the same shop but in another shopping at Mid to help me add in the additional link, at first the guy ask me to bring me the warranty card, so that they can provide the service, then I told him to check their system, sure my serial number is registered in their system. Then he said the sifu is not around, ask me to go back to the shop where I bought my watch. Then I overheard another customer who is buying and asking the other staff to cut the link, the staff response "No problem", will be done in a while....Say sifu not around, but can help other customer....what a service  :Scolding:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »
U should ##}%^^€€<€ them GAO GAO on the spot
embarass them... Talk loud loud! Talk to other customer bout their lousiness

mayb they will settle this with u with a watch free!!!

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
Off topic,
But 5 years ago, I bought my 1st house, inexperience with renovations and furnitures.
I actually ordered my furniture and paid in full before my house is complete and before I got my OC...
How stupid is that? I know I know... very stupid...  ;D
Well... after a year, OC came out. Another 6 months was spent on renovations.
In the course of the renovations, I double checked my furniture frm the shop on a monthly basis... wether they have the stock or if not, better start ordering them and make sure I have my stuff when I move in.
They keep telling me everything is fine.
So, when the time comes for me to move in... not even one piece of furniture came.
My frens who came to celebrate with me have to sit on the floor while we chat and have a couple of beers.
Imagine that?
The next day... feeling fully embarrassed and frickin angry... believe me, I am VERY angry.
Went to the shop, scream on top of my lungs and demanded the person in charge... I dun wanna talk to any sales agent anymore.
So, the owner of the shop came out.
I showed him my receipt, paid 18 months ago.... IN FULL... and after all the follow ups, none of my furniture arrived.
He asked me to pick those that are in stock.
I said I dowan, I want back my money.
He wanna issue me a cheque, I say f**k you, I paid you in cash, I want back my money in cash + 18% per annum in interest like credit card.
He asked me to calm down but by that time, hell has already broken loose, I was there shouting and cursing and he just have to do what I want. Other customers were either looking or just went straight for the exit.
In the end, I got back my cash of 15k (albeit without interest), and he send me a sofa for free the next day... but I declined...
Spend the money elsewhere and got the stuff sent two days later problem free.
Until today, I dun feel proud about me "blow up gao gao" in d shop... I should have conducted myself better... come to think of it, pai seh oso...
Now, as long as I walked in the shop, they treat me like royalty and I have yet to buy anything frm them... 8)
Point is, it's not that much fun *&%$#% gao gao... it is at that particular moment cause you need to let go of the pent up steam but after that... feel abit paiseh... I know I did... :-\
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:37:37 PM by hanz079 »

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »
I almost want scold the guy gao gao, but my kids are around me, so I just keep my temper. But this weekend I will go back to the original shop in 1U and complaint to their manager, what a lousy service. Well, I am not going back to buy my future watch from them. They can kiss me goodbye... :-* 

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline pamie

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »
I almost want scold the guy gao gao, but my kids are around me, so I just keep my temper. But this weekend I will go back to the original shop in 1U and complaint to their manager, what a lousy service. Well, I am not going back to buy my future watch from them. They can kiss me goodbye... :-* 

This is where I got my 2pcs of Ball (1U). They'd prefer that I pay with my card rather than cash. Perhaps its because they're just workers there hence the indifference. I don't go there anymore.
I now deal with a shop owner, my last purchase was a panie which I paid for in hard cash and I got him to drive me to the bank, some more can go for teh tarik after that  :laugh:

Offline Cotsner

• Freshie
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2011, 06:13:22 PM »
Well if you happend to visit Penang. Can consider coxxxa watch in ground floor at gurney plaza. All the workers there are surprisingly friendly and informative! Choices and varieties are no doubt 'alots'!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:44:20 PM by ck77 »

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »
just finished this 5 pages thread and learnt something as i am currently working in a watch shop now  :)

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
Guys,

I actually been to both of the S shops you all mentioned. Indeed, I know some of the sales there. I will say, I like them generally. But again, may be I am biased since I do know some of them personally. But as far so good, I notice that even if i walked there at time without my normal sales person around, most others do attend me well as well. Try to chit chat with them if they are not busy.

Indeed, one of them told me that one of the walk in broke a Fxxxx when trying. You bet, that lady left without paying. Guess that makes them a bit careful too. Also, afterall, they do have hefty target to meet every month. It will be good for us to know one of them. Remember their name and talk to them and build up relationship with them will help.

But I did experience one nasty treatment from Wxxxx in KLCC. I asked for GXX II. The sale asked me, you want it you want it, no stock, you want to put down your name and queue for it now. Lol. I never step into that shop again. I did complain to their branch another sale in Sg Wang later. I also ended up bought the item overseas eventually at a better bargain and heck the shop. Just my 2 cent worth.
I am broke but I am happy...