Author Topic: Watch Shop in Malaysia  (Read 55116 times)

Offline gloomis

Watch Shop in Malaysia
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:19 AM »
Yest went to pavilion to choose a new target, went in to this shop start with 'S'. the staff inside dont even bother to give me a look nor stand up to serve you. I swear i will not goin in to this stupid shop again even i want to get that brand. i will fly oversea rather to let them make the commission.

did you guys experience such scenario happen to you or just because my attire is to simple (shorts and slipper) which show i cant afford the watch?

lets discuss about this and i really hope the owner o their friends have read this and relay a message to them. if not they might loose alot potential customer.

Offline G.MAC

Re: Watch Shop in Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »
That is a normal situation in most higher end shops. Been there also. They wont really serve you unless they smell a potential buyer. Having said that, their attitude change once I purchase a Panerai from there. Was wearing t-shirt, shorts and slippers into there as well. Does help that I am wearing a Deepsea :Laughing_on_floor:. Ever since then, they are more friendly. On the other hand, I did tell the salesperson in passing that their staff are not too friendly but she just shrug it off saying that they are busy. Overall, they are extremely nice to buyers but cold towards those who only want to see, try, but not buy.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline kltime

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:21 AM »

I think the standard of customer service , not to mention the overall knowledge of watches , are severely lacking in most ADs.  :thumbsdown:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 06:23:38 AM »
Just a gentle reminder to everyone, lets be civilized and reasonable when discussing such topics.
NO mention of any AD name of any kind here.
As soon as i see that things are getting out of hand i will lock this topic.

Discuss away.... ;D

Offline peanut

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:56:19 AM »
It seems that the sales person for those shops that sell luxury goods are mostly either not properly trained or with bad attitude.  My personal experience with Axxo Bxxxria, Machxxx (the shop that sells Apples), etc etc are also similar.  Once you become their customer, then the attitude is 180 degree change.  Now I have best buddies with AB, Machinxxx and some of the watch shops sales person!  ;D

Can't blame them for being "realistic" but I agree that if I were the manager of those shops, i willl fire some of them.  May be the shops pay them peanuts but it is still not a good excuse.  In terms of customer eperience, the best I have is surprisingly/not surprisingly Amaxxx.com!  Their response is quick, the communication is clear and friendly and very accomodating to reasonable customer requests.

This not only happened in Malaysia.  Let you give you a real incident happened to a friend of mine in Singapore.  She went into one of the "big name" watch shops in Singapore one weekend. She was dressing very casual during that weekend and when she asked to look at certain watches, the salesperson was very hesistant to do and asked her if she was a Mystery Shopper!!!  :HammerHead:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:20:45 AM by ck77 »

Offline pisces

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:25:49 AM »
Yest went to pavilion to choose a new target, went in to this shop start with 'S'. the staff inside dont even bother to give me a look nor stand up to serve you. I swear i will not goin in to this stupid shop again even i want to get that brand. i will fly oversea rather to let them make the commission.

did you guys experience such scenario happen to you or just because my attire is to simple (shorts and slipper) which show i cant afford the watch?

lets discuss about this and i really hope the owner o their friends have read this and relay a message to them. if not they might loose alot potential customer.

Just 2 days ago I went into this same shop hunting for a good bargain.
While I spent 5 minutes there, nobody bother to serve me-I was quite well attired with polo shirt, long pants and leather shoes.
While with the same attire, I was very well served at a H shop at the Gardens.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »
from my personal experience whilst window shopping for watches in ADs or brand boutiques is that the 1st thing the sales person will look at is the watch that you are wearing, not so much at your attire.

When I was shopping for my Oris Diver, i was well attired (branded shirt and branded long pants with proper sneakers) but wearing a cheap watch and had a difficult time talking to the salesperson (they were either rude or trying to end the conversation quickly) and i felt like i was being psyched to get out of their premises... :Mad:

However, when I was hunting for the Hulk, i wore a faded polo tee and short pants with Jukebox slippers (with the heel of the sole badly worn out) but I got a lot attention from these sales person (even from the shop mentioned by OP) and they were very helpful and insists on getting my contact so that they will call me when the stock arrives...i wonder if it's the hunk of steel i had on my wrist  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline gloomis

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »
Just a gentle reminder to everyone, lets be civilized and reasonable when discussing such topics.
NO mention of any AD name of any kind here.
As soon as i see that things are getting out of hand i will lock this topic.

Discuss away.... ;D

no worry lah. we will not mentioning the name of the shop as it is too obvious.

Offline gloomis

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:12:46 AM »
most of them not being well trained or they have forgotten how to serve coz very less customer walk in to their shop.

they mayb not knowing when some1 buying a watch, they must have the watch on hand, try, wear it. play with it and let the poison slowly inject into the body then to mind. even playing a while of the watch bt end up might be digging out money to buy the watch. i been kena twist like this. don have the intention to buy bt once play with it then end up the watch follow me home.  :Laughing_on_floor:

too bad malaysia luxury AD still don learn from oversea AD. i went to Dubai, HK n even JAPAN. their customer service is 100% sincerely serve you without checking your attired.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »
I would say that customer service of luxury brands in Malaysia is lacking.
They really do see what your attire or what watch you're wearing in the case of buying watches.
Sometimes, I prefer juz looking frm outside. Window shopping so to speak.
Of course they will be nice to you once you bought an expensive watch frm them.
But the customer service should start even before a sale is made.
Some ppl willing to spend 1st and then realize that their attitude change 180 degrees.
For me, I'd rather take my money elsewhere.
There's a local AD in Kota Kinabalu that I'm sure 100% friendly even without buying anything.
The shop carries Mont Blanc, Omega, Tissot, Certina, Epos, Maurice Lacroix, Baume n Mercier, Swatch, Citizen, Seiko and Casio and some fashion brands like CK watches and etc.
The first time I visit the shop, I was not gonna buy anything, he strike up a conversation with me, telling me alot about watches.
That time I was wearing a Fossil Watch. He told me that if I'm going for a 1st swiss, Tissot will be the best choice as the price is quite reasonable.
Since the shop is juz opposite of my office, I visited him almost twice every week. Any other owner will juz leave me alone and lemme look around, but not him... he will always try to strike up a conversation with me.
So, when I got my year end bonus, I bought myself a Tissot T-Race 2004 Athens Olympics.
My 1st swiss watch.  :Dancing_banana:
Then after that, I stayed quiet for 3 years without getting any watches.
I din go to his shop for 3 years and when I did, he remembered me and ask me how was my Tissot. Great I say. But really worn coz it was on my wrist all the time. Din have any other watch to rotate.
That time my 2nd child is already on d way and I was getting better financially and when I thought of getting a new watch, the 1st place I'd thought of going was to the same shop. The rest I will continue in another day as my blabbing is becoming quite long.
Bottom line is, customer service is important. Even today, i will still buy frm the same shop over and over again.
BTW, I juz got my 2 kids their 1st swiss watches, 2 Flik Flaks and a CK watch for my lady for Valentines... all frm the same shop.
I'm happy spending my money there than spending somewhere that doesn't value my business. :Cheers:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:03:59 AM by hanz079 »
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline gloomis

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 11:33:13 AM »
overall wat i can is about passion. those luxury AD staff mayb they all lact of passion. they r just there to sell. same to me here as i rather spent my money else where. yest the experience really spoilt my mood.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
from my personal experience whilst window shopping for watches in ADs or brand boutiques is that the 1st thing the sales person will look at is the watch that you are wearing, not so much at your attire.

When I was shopping for my Oris Diver, i was well attired (branded shirt and branded long pants with proper sneakers) but wearing a cheap watch and had a difficult time talking to the salesperson (they were either rude or trying to end the conversation quickly) and i felt like i was being psyched to get out of their premises... :Mad:

However, when I was hunting for the Hulk, i wore a faded polo tee and short pants with Jukebox slippers (with the heel of the sole badly worn out) but I got a lot attention from these sales person (even from the shop mentioned by OP) and they were very helpful and insists on getting my contact so that they will call me when the stock arrives...i wonder if it's the hunk of steel i had on my wrist  :Laughing_on_floor:
this is very true. Actually this was a lesson learnt by them. I personally saw a guy(customer) wearing t shirt and shorts but is on a Lange and writing a RM200k travellers cheque for a gold AP. Hence they dont really bother nowadays what clothes you wear but what is on the wrist.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline arki888

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 01:35:18 PM »
sometime we just need to ask question.. i seem all right with all the sales person. what we dress and wear don't really matter... so be knowledgeable on what you say.....

try to walk in one more time . good luck !!
just a my personal feedback.

cheers.

bobby

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
to me i dont really care how those sales ppl look at me.. so far (touch wood) i hav no problems with them... normally when i walk into the AD... i will straight approach the nearest salesman/girl and ask them about the watches i am interested... once they know u r a WIS.... they will treat u better....
just my personal experience.....
Jacky Wong

Offline gloomis

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »

this is very true. Actually this was a lesson learnt by them. I personally saw a guy(customer) wearing t shirt and shorts but is on a Lange and writing a RM200k travellers cheque for a gold AP. Hence they dont really bother nowadays what clothes you wear but what is on the wrist.

bro, wearing a rolex lv still not to the class to look at a lange?  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline gloomis

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
to me i dont really care how those sales ppl look at me.. so far (touch wood) i hav no problems with them... normally when i walk into the AD... i will straight approach the nearest salesman/girl and ask them about the watches i am interested... once they know u r a WIS.... they will treat u better....
just my personal experience.....

i did ask b4 bt end up the face expression oso damn upsad me. they dont even want to take out the watch to let me hold it n try it on my wrist. i still rmb wat the sentence the sales girl told me. if you confirm really wan to buy then only can let you try coz the watch is very expensive.

so end up i bought the watch else where.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »
if you confirm really wan to buy then only can let you try coz the watch is very expensive.

ouch! :HammerHead:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »
Got once I ask to let me see and try on a watch, he looked at it and told me how much it costs...  :Confused:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 04:59:18 PM »
Went to this one shop called Wxxxxxxx at Mid Valley to get my Air King bracelet adjusted (permanent link type as mine is a vintage). Stood there for 15 minutes before someone even noticed me. Another 15 minutes before the watchmaker got to me and said he couldn't adjust my bracelet with a blunt "no". Bottom line is AD's these days will not take you seriously if you are under 25 and wearing a luxury watch.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 05:28:08 PM »
how do u need ur bracelet to be adjusted?

I always adjust my wife's watches on the go with just any paper clip/metal wire/tooth pick on the micro adjustment holes on the clasp.

for anything major.. u just need a right sized screwdriver and some cellophane tape to prevent scratches. screw those watch shops  :HammerHead:... i must say. i prefer preowned shops for far better insightful service and conversation/discussions

it's amazing that most watch shops have ppl who have absolutely no idea on what they are selling and also not to mention that they pretend they own the watches on display
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 07:00:44 PM »
no need to angry my fren...tat nothing to do with the attire or what are you wearing...tat one time i visit a watch Boutique in SG with my sub 16610 and wearing a collar shirt, blue jeans with SAFETY BOOTS  :Laughing_on_floor:and ask for the BP...e sales gal just lead me to the shelf and tell me "nah..tats the BP" and from her emotion/expression i can tell she dnt have the intention at all to take out the watch for me to try on....and not even tell me tat a very expensive watch :Laughing_on_floor:

ya u can adjust ur bracelet with right tools...i also adjust my submariner bracelet with Sinn toolkits :HammerHead:

Offline pamie

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »
I got my first and second piece of Rolex from this same AD all within 2 months.
So you'd naturally think the salesgirl gonna treat me well, well...
The fourth month,  my second Rolex ends up with a discolored dial while sitting in the safe. This is what the sales person told me :
1. Its my fault, I must have forgotten to push back the crown.
2. Rolex warranty does not cover 'water resistance' (mind you, mine is a water sports model which has yet to touch water)
3. I will be charged for the repairs.
4. I should be thankful that my Rolex only needs to be in RSC for more than 6 months, Omegas can take more than a year!
5. I should be thankful that this AD where I bought this watch is willing to send the watch on my behalf for repairs.

I finally got back the watch FOC. Rolex replaced the dial for me, it was a manufacturing defect. This was the last piece I'll ever buy from this AD.
I found myself a grey dealer, got another 3 rollies and a pannie from this guy and never looked back.

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 07:23:39 PM »

I always adjust my wife's watches on the go with just any paper clip/metal wire/tooth pick on the micro adjustment holes on the clasp.

for anything major.. u just need a right sized screwdriver and some cellophane tape to prevent scratches. screw those watch shops  :HammerHead:... i must say. i prefer preowned shops for far better insightful service and conversation/discussions

it's amazing that most watch shops have ppl who have absolutely no idea on what they are selling and also not to mention that they pretend they own the watches on display

I needed one of the links taken out. Some browsing online and I figured out how to do it myself. Speaking of preowned shops, where can I find those?

Offline gloomis

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 04:58:37 AM »
Went to this one shop called Wxxxxxxx at Mid Valley to get my Air King bracelet adjusted (permanent link type as mine is a vintage). Stood there for 15 minutes before someone even noticed me. Another 15 minutes before the watchmaker got to me and said he couldn't adjust my bracelet with a blunt "no". Bottom line is AD's these days will not take you seriously if you are under 25 and wearing a luxury watch.

coz they tot they have very good pair of screening scanner. they scan n judge u b4. i had the same exp as well untill i got my 1st rollie then only got treat better when walk in to all this AD. but tat day is becoz i m eyeing something another level higher than rollie so cant pass the scanner screen.  :Mad:

Offline gloomis

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:27 AM »

fully agreed on this. u can always try to go pre owned shop as they all r passionate and very wellcoming. i always hop by in Time Pxxxxxx in sg wang for chit chat n price update.