Author Topic: Bad experience for warranty claim(Pre-owned watch)  (Read 33403 times)

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
Re: Bad experience for warranty claim(Pre-owned watch)
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2015, 10:56:23 AM »
Well, I havent deal with Fxxxx before, but people who claim they have a favorable experience seems mostly when making purchase, I am not implying that this is what happen here, but from my experience, service level sometimes / usually varies before and after sales.
2 handful of Stowas, 4 Makara and 4 HMT...
https://www.instagram.com/hidden830726

Offline rrk

• Freshie
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 02:56:29 PM »
"He informed that the cost is RM500 to replace the gear as it is not part of the warranty and he have already ordered the parts from rolex. "

Does Rolex supply their parts to shops for repair? I am quite doubtful of that! ::)

My friend requested to see the parts that he is changing to proof that the gear is indeed damaged if she pay the RM500 to fix the watch. HT explained that the part is 1 to 1 exchange with Rolex. He must return the broken parts to Rolex, is this true?
Is this Rolex policy for spare part replacement? This means that the owner will not be able to be sure if the parts are genuinely damaged and replaced.

Thinking about it, his explanation sound really fishy.

Maybe some sifus can clarify on this matter.  :) :)

From my personal experience with Rolex servicing, when they change a part in the watch, they will return you the damaged/changed part as well in a plastic pouch.

So I dont buy this that you have to return the spare part back to rolex.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »
"He informed that the cost is RM500 to replace the gear as it is not part of the warranty and he have already ordered the parts from rolex. "

Does Rolex supply their parts to shops for repair? I am quite doubtful of that! ::)

My friend requested to see the parts that he is changing to proof that the gear is indeed damaged if she pay the RM500 to fix the watch. HT explained that the part is 1 to 1 exchange with Rolex. He must return the broken parts to Rolex, is this true?
Is this Rolex policy for spare part replacement? This means that the owner will not be able to be sure if the parts are genuinely damaged and replaced.

Thinking about it, his explanation sound really fishy.

Maybe some sifus can clarify on this matter.  :) :)

From my personal experience with Rolex servicing, when they change a part in the watch, they will return you the damaged/changed part as well in a plastic pouch.

So I dont buy this that you have to return the spare part back to rolex.

They no longer retuen faulty parts.
Rolex parts are now 1 to 1... Even if a certified Rolex watchmaker needs to replace a part, he have to first send in the damage part.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline kingpin

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »
Sorry to hear what had happened to your friend. I was in the shop before and Frxxk seem like a nice person but he looks at what on your wrist first before he talks to you. I saw his eyes....  :Confused:

Just want to get more understanding on the winding. We can winding when the time is 9 - 3 or whenever we want, just to clarify is he mentioning setting the date when the time is around 9pm - 3am? This might hurt the part in the watch.

Anyway, get more detail from both end, your friend and HT. I don't think HT will turn their back on customer. Gook Luck
IWC Pilot Chronograph 3777, Oris Big Crown Complication, Longines Hydro Conquest, Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Auto, Tissot Couturier Quartz Chronograph, Orient FEM76002B9 Automatic, Seiko Chronograph World Time 7T62 OJHO, AVI-8 Solar Power AV-4018-03, Casio AE-1200WH, G-Shock GA-110RG, G-Shock G-300, G-Cool GT-000

Offline chenht

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »
Most sales persons are very good when they think you are a potential customer. The attitude could be quite different when a customer needs after sales service as such service does not generate income for them. Most of them are short sighted.
16710, 116710TT, 116610LV, PAM00312,  Santos & Tank

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »
Actually, I already prepare popcorn and visit the thread frequently, but I hope fxxxk, can come out and say hi
2 handful of Stowas, 4 Makara and 4 HMT...
https://www.instagram.com/hidden830726

Offline antoniosaprozeld

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 03:47:11 PM »
Fxxxk quiet same like najib quiet maybe?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Clicko

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2015, 01:16:59 AM »
 :Startled: I have been winding my watches between 9 and 3 for years and don't think the limitation exists.

Offline mikeylacroix

• DMChiropractic
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »
what a load of bullcrap...that calibre is designed to allow for quickset anytime

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »
i think now what the owner need to do, is to get clarification from RSC that whether his watch allow for quickset anytime he like

then from there he can counter back to HT with the true fact from RSC
without fact, you cant argue much

Offline Jy84

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
Good Morning guy!!!

The watch has been sent to RSC and they informed that the watch need servicing and the watch will be up and running. RSC also informed that quick date adjustment is not be a problem for this model.

No point to discuss with H*** T** since they are standing by their decision not to warranty the watch. At this point, i don't think it is wise to let them fix the watch. I don't think H*** T** willing to do a good job after they read this thread.

Offline roystock

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 10:12:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experience.
To me, someone who is as quiet as PM is simply fishy.
Not to mention, I guess a 2 years old Rolex doesn't breakdown everyday.
I sure hope your friend got it at slightly discount to secondhand market price, but I doubt so.
I visited the shop a few times but wasn't even close to buy anything as their prices are not competitive

Offline Jy84

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
I sure hope your friend got it at slightly discount to secondhand market price, but I doubt so.
I visited the shop a few times but wasn't even close to buy anything as their prices are not competitive

Their price is slightly on the high side but they explained that all their watches are serviced before it display in the shop and they have 3 years warranty for their watches. Beside this two reason, their prices are not attractive.

Unfortunately for my friend's case, it seems the watch have not been service and they deny  the warranty.  :Scolding: :Scolding:

Offline sshark

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »
Basically this shop has taken your friend for a ride. That explained the higher price.

Their price is slightly on the high side but they explained that all their watches are serviced before it display in the shop and they have 3 years warranty for their watches. Beside this two reason, their prices are not attractive.

Unfortunately for my friend's case, it seems the watch have not been service and they deny  the warranty.  :Scolding: :Scolding:

Offline antoniosaprozeld

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2015, 06:14:11 PM »
I suggest post a pic of rsc receipt stating all is required is just a service.. clear case edi.. no defence

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2015, 02:06:54 AM »

That's why i always react to any slightest adverse news on sellers....as a consumer, we have many choices!

Shame on you HT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline Everdying

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2015, 08:51:38 AM »

so basically they sold it at a higher price, for a supposed service that was never rendered.
well done HT for duping the masses.

Offline Calibr

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2015, 11:04:45 AM »
Sifus always advise - Buy the Seller, then the watch... this is so apt here.  ::)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2015, 10:06:12 AM »

That's why i always react to any slightest adverse news on sellers....as a consumer, we have many choices!

Shame on you HT!

got to be fair tough

price is fair to us might not fair to others

buyer certainly is a willing one in this case and the buyer has been wearing the watch for 6 mths.

6 mths later the watch is faulty, base on what we hearsay hearsay he have a case to claim for the repair.

but we have not hear from the watch owner himself and the shop owner himself so far !

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Bad experience for warranty claim(Pre-owned watch)
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2015, 04:32:11 AM »

Shame on you HT!

got to be fair tough

buyer certainly is a willing one in this case and the buyer has been wearing the watch for 6 mths.

6 mths later the watch is faulty, base on what we hearsay hearsay he have a case to claim for the repair.

but we have not hear from the watch owner himself and the shop owner himself so far !

You have a point there, we havent heard from both sides....However, Like i said earlier, i wouldnt take any risk....

And not my fault that the seller choose not to say anything....

And Nobody is saying the buyer is coerced into buying the watch....what the OP was saying was that the seller did not honor the warranty as promised....in my view, the OP has presented his case very clearly, ie the allegation is that the warranty is not honoured as promised, unless if one doubt if OP is telling the truth.....

If anybody is so keen on getting the seller's perspective, i would be glad to hear from them and put a fair judgment..... And those who decide to buy then buy lorr.... OtherWise do as you pls, afterall it's ur money....

Note that i am not influencing anybody, just saying what i feel as a potential buyer.....

Like i said, tonnes of sellers outside, why take risk even if it is going to be a minute one! To prove my case, i havent heard any complain about MWF or WW so far in this forum.....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:55:44 PM by nikfs1881 »
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2015, 11:39:51 AM »
Couldnt agree more with bro nikfs1881. The seller giving crap reason for not honoring the warranty. If they give 3 years warranty means 3 years. Doesn't care if the buyer is wearing for 6 month or 30 months already. Looking at this one sided input from the buyer only is already enough to deter me to do any business with this shop.

Offline chenht

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2015, 03:02:49 PM »
Couldnt agree more with bro nikfs1881. The seller giving crap reason for not honoring the warranty. If they give 3 years warranty means 3 years. Doesn't care if the buyer is wearing for 6 month or 30 months already. Looking at this one sided input from the buyer only is already enough to deter me to do any business with this shop.

Guess the seller got some sympathy from other dealers
16710, 116710TT, 116610LV, PAM00312,  Santos & Tank

Offline Ek lex

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »
Well, I havent deal with Fxxxx before, but people who claim they have a favorable experience seems mostly when making purchase, I am not implying that this is what happen here, but from my experience, service level sometimes / usually varies before and after sales.

Yes I have to agree on that... the service levels at purchase and after sales varies, could be at the extremities! they can promise 1000 and 1 things to lure you into the purchase, and once you are in, they will forget or deviate from what they have promised. I too have a bad experience with one of the MWF merchant as well, I do not wish to re-open the can of worms.

Having said that, I am quite surprise to see all the merchants have been removed from MWF, even the MWF online store, anyone know why?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2015, 07:52:43 AM »

Shame on you HT!

got to be fair tough

You have a point there, we havent heard from both sides....However, Like i said earlier, i wouldnt take any risk....

And not my fault that the seller choose not to say anything....

And Nobody is saying the buyer is coerced into buying the watch....what the OP was saying was that the seller did not honor the warranty as promised....in my view, the OP has presented his case very clearly, ie the allegation is that the warranty is not honoured as promised, unless if one doubt if OP is telling the truth.....

If anybody is so keen on getting the seller's perspective, i would be glad to hear from them and put a fair judgment..... And those who decide to buy then buy lorr.... OtherWise do as you pls, afterall it's ur money....

Note that i am not influencing anybody, just saying what i feel as a potential buyer.....

Like i said, tonnes of sellers outside, why take risk even if it is going to be a minute one! To prove my case, i havent heard any complain about MWF or WW so far in this forum.....

MWF do hv complaints
But so far no watch faulty and warranty issue.

Anyway, in the MWF store operation, I always try to see 2 sides of stories.

But seems not all shop owners are into forum discussion.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »

Yes I have to agree on that... the service levels at purchase and after sales varies, could be at the extremities! they can promise 1000 and 1 things to lure you into the purchase, and once you are in, they will forget or deviate from what they have promised. I too have a bad experience with one of the MWF merchant as well, I do not wish to re-open the can of worms.

Having said that, I am quite surprise to see all the merchants have been removed from MWF, even the MWF online store, anyone know why?

For update

After some deep thought

We prefer MWF to stay focus in watch discussion instead of commercial.

Happen that MWF store tenancy is expired, so the Mwf physical store has been closed.  My usual kopi place every Saturday is gone.

But now I can talk watches with more kaki in other places.

We still providing service online.
Pm me if u need help
Repairing watches
Trade