Author Topic: Bad experience for warranty claim(Pre-owned watch)  (Read 33401 times)

Offline davidtth

Re: Bad experience for warranty claim(Pre-owned watch)
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
truely BS... never heard of winding time to be avoid

def stay away from them forever...

Offline Jy84

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
Ouchhh....sad to hear that H***T*** will come out with such BS excuses....i know Fr*** personally and have deal with him once too...that's gonna create a very bad name for their shop for future businesses..

If you know this Fxxxk personally I suggest you let him know about this thread and give a clarification otherwise his shop is blacklisted by the members who had seen this thread

It would be good if he can clarify himself here.

Offline Calibr

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
"He informed that the cost is RM500 to replace the gear as it is not part of the warranty and he have already ordered the parts from rolex. "

Does Rolex supply their parts to shops for repair? I am quite doubtful of that! ::)

Offline Lurch

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »
Not defending this shop or what but some complications do have specific restriction on time setting
One of my watches has the corrector function for day date n moonphase setting and it is mentioned
clearly in the manual to avoid using the correctors during 3am to 6pm as it will cause damage to the
mechanism
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:10:21 PM by Lurch »

Offline Cwlwatch

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 02:08:11 PM »
"He informed that the cost is RM500 to replace the gear as it is not part of the warranty and he have already ordered the parts from rolex. "

Does Rolex supply their parts to shops for repair? I am quite doubtful of that! ::)

At the back door came out
I heard this before

Offline Jy84

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 02:16:53 PM »

My friend requested to see the parts that he is changing to proof that the gear is indeed damaged if she pay the RM500 to fix the watch. HT explained that the part is 1 to 1 exchange with Rolex. He must return the broken parts to Rolex, is this true?
Is this Rolex policy for spare part replacement? This means that the owner will not be able to be sure if the parts are genuinely damaged and replaced.

Thinking about it, his explanation sound really fishy.

Maybe some sifus can clarify on this matter.  :) :)

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
The general experience varies between their stores. I particularly disliked my experience from the TCM store, and I would not have personally bought from there. I have bought from BV before on several occasions, and have never encountered any issues. To OP, sorry that your friend had to go through this.

If the roles were reversed and I were in her shoes, I may consider pursuing this. Perhaps speaking again with the relevant parties at the store, and point out what you now know about not damaging the gears even though time is being set at any particular hour(s) of the day. But, as someone else has also correctly pointed out, would you still trust them to sort the repairs out given this experience?

Her best move is probably sending it in to RSC to have them assess the damage. Subsequently, see if you can work out a compromise with the store to have the repairs done at RSC and have them foot the bill, or maybe split the bill. Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:24:49 PM by r3kahsttub »

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 02:23:46 PM »
And yes, to add on to your question above, RSC indeed keeps all the faulty parts. Although, officially, RSC does not sell parts and all repair work is conducted in their service center.

Offline deriku

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »

Not officially I think but through grey channels maybe. Have heard that parts are requisitioned at official service centers but are not used in repairs, then supplied to independent watchmakers outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »

Officially, Rolex doesn't supply spare parts to independent watchmakers. They only supply to certified Rolex watchmakers which AFAIK, there are only 2 or 3 in Malaysia. However, there are some 'backdoor' methods where we, independent watchmakers can obtain Rolex parts, where we find out the actual faulty parts and bring it to our contacts which then file in a part request from Rolex, exchanging our faulty parts for the new ones.
Seiko fan.....

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
I WAS going to buy a watch there... not now! tks for sharing ur experience n hope RSC can fix it for u

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »
watch broke is heart broke for a watch lover, sorry to hear about your incident.

HT has been there for many teen yrs, don't think they will run away. personally I have many good experiences with Fxxxx but a moderate one with uncle Hxx.

so far we have heard 1 side of the story, I do wish to hear from another side. being a member here, even though not active, I do wish Fxxxx will reply to this and share his side of story.

from what I read,

1. watch has been purchased and wear for about or more than 6 mths
so I presume the watch is in good condition during the purchase, problem happened after 6 mths

2. when the watch have the problem of hour hand not moving but GMT moving, very likely the non moving hand is detached/loosening from the pinnon or the some wheels moving it has been broken. it can be cause by few factors.
a) manufacture problem, very unlikely for Rolex but not impossible
b) non well fixed during servicing
c) great shock such as bang or dropped

watch warranty if you read carefully the booklet attached with your watch box, its very very limited, not covering mishandling ( such as drop and bang, etc ), water resistant after a year without gasket replace.... wear and tear, etc

3. for case of EXP ii, movement been designed to quick set date clock or anti clock wise hence don't think its cause by time setting. however not pulling the crown to correct position to set thing might cause damage, this is a mechanical watch, aged watch crown spring always causing the wrong position as well.

I do hope HT can post a reply to share their side of story as well.

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »
Wait, I keep seeing the "Fxxxxk" word, it is a name of a person or xxxx is to mask the bad word? (eg calling someone the f words)
2 handful of Stowas, 4 Makara and 4 HMT...
https://www.instagram.com/hidden830726

Offline Lurch

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 08:31:29 PM »
Fxxxk is either the owner or one of the owners if not mistaken.
i've dealt with him before, pleasant experience.

however, i cant say the same for the person handling the service/repair as they scratched my watch bracelet while under their care. i did not pursue as i did sign a letter of indemnity before handling over the watch for service.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 08:35:41 PM »
Frxxk is a person.
Bought a brand new Ball Fireman from their BV shop in 2006.
Crown came out twice. They (or Ball) fixed it without question asked.

Offline antoniosaprozeld

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »
Really makes other legit preloved shops having to go the extra mile to ensure their warranty policy is realiable of trustworthy

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Calibr

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »

Officially, Rolex doesn't supply spare parts to independent watchmakers. They only supply to certified Rolex watchmakers which AFAIK, there are only 2 or 3 in Malaysia. However, there are some 'backdoor' methods where we, independent watchmakers can obtain Rolex parts, where we find out the actual faulty parts and bring it to our contacts which then file in a part request from Rolex, exchanging our faulty parts for the new ones.

Thanks! This is really good info! The next thing to ask is - who are these "certified Rolex watchmakers" in Malaysia? How do I find them, as their rates are likely to be lower than RSC? Sorry for hijacking the thread..

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Bad experience for warranty claim(Pre-owned watch)
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 03:34:01 AM »
I am terribly sorry to hear this..... I know we probably haven't heard from HT side of the story but any dissatisfaction that is not resolvable through the usual negotiation process is enough to deter me to buy anything from this shop. Any dissatisfaction or a complain is a red flag! I would rather pay more for a great service and a peace of mind rather than having to deal with somebody that blame the buyer for not changing the date/gmt at the right time, which happens to be technically wrong....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:59:16 AM by nikfs1881 »
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Bad experience for warranty claim(Pre-owned watch)
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 03:42:38 AM »
watch broke is heart broke for a watch lover, sorry to hear about your incident.

HT has been there for many teen yrs, don't think they will run away. personally I have many good experiences with Fxxxx but a moderate one with uncle Hxx.

so far we have heard 1 side of the story, I do wish to hear from another side. being a member here, even though not active, I do wish Fxxxx will reply to this and share his side of story.

from what I read,

1. watch has been purchased and wear for about or more than 6 mths
so I presume the watch is in good condition during the purchase, problem happened after 6 mths

2. when the watch have the problem of hour hand not moving but GMT moving, very likely the non moving hand is detached/loosening from the pinnon or the some wheels moving it has been broken. it can be cause by few factors.
a) manufacture problem, very unlikely for Rolex but not impossible
b) non well fixed during servicing
c) great shock such as bang or dropped

watch warranty if you read carefully the booklet attached with your watch box, its very very limited, not covering mishandling ( such as drop and bang, etc ), water resistant after a year without gasket replace.... wear and tear, etc

3. for case of EXP ii, movement been designed to quick set date clock or anti clock wise hence don't think its cause by time setting. however not pulling the crown to correct position to set thing might cause damage, this is a mechanical watch, aged watch crown spring always causing the wrong position as well.

I do hope HT can post a reply to share their side of story as well.

It would've been sensible if the explanation given by HT for the revocation of warranty was due to the mishandling by the customer, ie dropped, etc.

However, i would assumed that a great shock which you have mentioned can easily be detected by HT, for example a broken glass and severe dents on the case......if this is the case, i am sure, without hesitation, HT would have used this reason instead of non-sensical reason mentioned by OP.... Usually, the movement (a Rolex) is more durable than the glass, No?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:44:19 AM by nikfs1881 »
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 07:04:03 AM »

Depends on where u drop your watch, if it is on soft ground with thick carpet, then ding dent n crystal crack will not happen

Offline Jy84

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2015, 07:17:43 AM »
I Hope HT will be able to tell their side of the story here too, maybe HT did not wan to dwell into technical stuff on what is the cause of damage and why it is not covered in the warranty to my friend as she might not have the interest or technical knowledge.

Anyway, sending the watch to RSC to check the root cause and the cost to fix the watch.

Offline benhatzefei

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2015, 07:25:33 AM »
Personally i have a pleasant deal with F***k previously..he is a very helpful and patience person as im not from KL so i cant go to view the watches and i requested him to send me the photos of the watch through whatsapp and without hesitation he send me all the watch photos with detailed explanation..and you know lar as a watch enthusiasts we always ask a lot of questions..but he answered all the questions being asked.

Well i think it is not fair for anyone to put a judgement based on hearing 1 side of the story...and im not saying whos right or wrong here..and maybe its just a miscommunication in between the buyer n seller...peace out..

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »

Thanks! This is really good info! The next thing to ask is - who are these "certified Rolex watchmakers" in Malaysia? How do I find them, as their rates are likely to be lower than RSC? Sorry for hijacking the thread..

Sent a PM, but they charge same as RSC due to controlled pricing by RSC.
Seiko fan.....

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:17 AM »
I Hope HT will be able to tell their side of the story here too, maybe HT did not wan to dwell into technical stuff on what is the cause of damage and why it is not covered in the warranty to my friend as she might not have the interest or technical knowledge.

Anyway, sending the watch to RSC to check the root cause and the cost to fix the watch.
Yes, this is the best way for sending to RSC.
Get it repair with technical report, then discuss with HT to solve it in amicably manner.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »
according to Fxxxx they have an in house sifu and repairs/service are not sub out.
I hope Fxxxx sees this post and comes up with his side of the story.