Author Topic: Rolex vs Grand Seiko vs Panerai......  (Read 69247 times)

Offline soonaikz

• Freshie
Re: Rolex vs Grand Seiko vs Panerai......
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
seriously we have identify u need a rolex, we need to know which model will suit u

i believe YM 2 two tone is a good match  :Cheers:
skip the daytona, u want to portray a lifestyle
then get a yacht with it, when your biz partner come ,  bring him on the yatch and tour around malaysia,
:Cheers:

unless u in into u skydweller u need helicopter then:Dancing_banana:

either way it impress  :thumbsup:

SPORT MODEL DONT SUIT ME..........

I choose either DJ II Rhodium Arabic with bazel or GS Spring Drive Titanium....... Havent made up my mind...........

Offline soonaikz

• Freshie
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »
@soonaikz

I think I found ur hesitation. you wanted to buy a watch for urself and to save urself some money, you want to buy a watch that help to further ur biz. unfortunately for you, the brands of watches you like and the those that help ur biz grow are orthogonal with each other.

Sorry bro too confusing........; what watch you think suit me.......

Offline sshark

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 10:09:07 AM »
Ask yourself do u want to buy a watch for your biz (perhaps a Rolex) or urself (e.g. Seiko)? Or 2 watches for different purposes. I doubt u can get a watch that serves 2 purposes based on what u posted here

@soonaikz

I think I found ur hesitation. you wanted to buy a watch for urself and to save urself some money, you want to buy a watch that help to further ur biz. unfortunately for you, the brands of watches you like and the those that help ur biz grow are orthogonal with each other.

Sorry bro too confusing........; what watch you think suit me.......

Offline Paulkky

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »
I am Boss myself in my small company

it is good to be a boss, you can wear whatever you like

wear nice stuff, people admire because you are boss

wear cheap stuff, people respect because even you are boss but low profile

wear replica stuff, people still believe it is the real deal, because you are boss

no wonder what you wear, you win one way or another

I wish I am a boss too

I am 34 y o.... eventho.... I wear rolex..... I still believe that if she doesn't not know me... he/she will still think my Rolex fake

Becoz most of the day I wear simple attire day in and out driving my triton...instead of Volkswagen CC

Buying Rolex simply becoz I wanted to reward myself after hard work thru out built my own company.... and I don't born in rich family...

Partly also a tools.... to bring my business to next level.....;

If you about to sign a million contract.... you wear a Casio... or maybe Seiko.... driving a proton or maybe Altis..... Do you think you will get the contract???? Yes possible but chances is rare....

This small little tools is something to bring confidence level both way.... to you and to them

Your just have to mix together..........

This is what I learn and  how the business world work.....

No offence just sharing.....

But when you need to collect payment,...must not wear a Rolex....if not payment will delay....haha...

To take contract - wear Rolex and drive Merc
Collect payment - wear Casio and drive proton

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2013, 10:16:10 AM »
Maybe this, my 2013 grail watch :Praying:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2013, 10:16:39 AM »
Since you like Spring Drive so much.

Offline euclidorus

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »
A quick profiling on you based on what you wrote:
Watch requirements: under rm25k, non-sport type, resale value
Your values: takes calculated risk, not born with silver spoon (hence careful with money), understated.
You own a small business, you want to reward yourself. You think your new watch should 'help' your business attain a higher profile.
My recommendations:
I think the Rolex DJ II (steel) is perfect but in general Rolex sports model commands better resale value. Alternatively, any of the classic looks of the GS Spring Drive in silver or black dial.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Offline kiamat

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2013, 10:34:31 AM »
I am Boss myself in my small company

it is good to be a boss, you can wear whatever you like

wear nice stuff, people admire because you are boss

wear cheap stuff, people respect because even you are boss but low profile

wear replica stuff, people still believe it is the real deal, because you are boss

no wonder what you wear, you win one way or another

I wish I am a boss too

I am 34 y o.... eventho.... I wear rolex..... I still believe that if she doesn't not know me... he/she will still think my Rolex fake

Becoz most of the day I wear simple attire day in and out driving my triton...instead of Volkswagen CC

Buying Rolex simply becoz I wanted to reward myself after hard work thru out built my own company.... and I don't born in rich family...

Partly also a tools.... to bring my business to next level.....;

If you about to sign a million contract.... you wear a Casio... or maybe Seiko.... driving a proton or maybe Altis..... Do you think you will get the contract???? Yes possible but chances is rare....

This small little tools is something to bring confidence level both way.... to you and to them

Your just have to mix together..........

This is what I learn and  how the business world work.....

No offence just sharing.....

But when you need to collect payment,...must not wear a Rolex....if not payment will delay....haha...

To take contract - wear Rolex and drive Merc
Collect payment - wear Casio and drive proton

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2013, 10:36:09 AM »
when i wanna collect my money, I wear singlet and gold watch.  :laugh:  >:(
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
Consider yourself hire for my next collection date. LOL

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »
The solid gold GS SBGC004 Takashi proposes costs 3,000,000 Yen approx. RM 99,000.
TS wants to spend up to RM 25,000 so this is out.
AFAIK in Malaysia/Singapore, only Dr Bernard Cheong has one to-date...

If TS wants to consider a GS, he can get the same one I have, the plain vanilla SBGC003 in stainless steel below which is approx. RM 25,000 now (in view of weaker Yen)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:03:35 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline kiamat

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2013, 10:44:45 AM »
Hei, that a Panerai.......; A friend with managerial level owned a Panerai.....;

It time to get a better watches......... Since my work position require so.......

Many may not agree with me, but I believe car & watches.... is a tools to bring your business to next level........

Panerai, Rolex & Grand Seiko....... come into my mind.........

Do my little home work.............;

Panerai............ 1st Out of Picture....... becoz I don't see the good side of it beside than oversize and special guard crown....., yes true enough people notice that a Panerai from special guard crown... resales value???? Sorry Panerai Fan.......

Rolex Vs Grand Seiko;

Rolex Pro - reputable brand, better resale value, I think the only watch that any of their series can resale for at least 50% of your buying price

Rolex Con - Hei your Rolex fake?.......Nowaday robotic assembly.......

Grand Seiko Pro - Hand made and very well finish product; Spring Drive movement superb smooth (I never seen any watches movement better than this), no fake.......

Grand Seiko Con - Are you crazy? you buy a seiko for 20K?; No resale value..........

What about you?

is this your first watch?

your budget?

will you sell off what you bought?

bro, you should not concern yourself on what others think of your rolex or panerai or grand seiko because most watches have imitation or fake ones too. after all, you also never care what others think of your dressing...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »
thought he says no sports watch?

The solid gold GS SBGC004 Takashi proposes costs 3,000,000 Yen approx. RM 99,000.
TS wants to spend up to RM 25,000 so this is out.
AFAIK in Malaysia/Singapore, only Dr Bernard Cheong has one to-date...

If TS will consider GS, he can get the same one I have, the SBGC003 in stainless steel below which is exactly RM 25,000 now (in view of weaker Yen)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »
I take the industry standard of 70%  :laugh:

Consider yourself hire for my next collection date. LOL

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »

Professional attitude towards business dealings is all one needs.
Bring your best to the table, not wear your best to the table.

Wow Hanz, very impressive and memorable statement. The best I've read for a very long time. Sounds very much like a line which you'll read in books like "How to Win Friends and Influence People".  :D :D

If this thread was discussed 5000 years ago, it would probably be "Big axe vs Long Sword vs golden spear...." or something like that. The thing is, the feeling that one needs to wear a power watch or power tie or drive a power car to impress the other side has a historical root. In the past you bring to the negotiation table the longest sword, the sharpest knife, the most bloodied axe, the heaviest club etc to intimidate your opponents. Now fast forward 5,000 years to the present times, the carrying of such weapons to the negotiation table is unfortunately (or fortunately) no longer an acceptable practice (unless you are a member of the underworld) hence ordinary folks who cannot free themselves from the shackle of this practice from deep antiquity resort to wearing and driving what some may consider flashy to intimidate and impress. Now, this is not a criticism made against the TS. Let's be honest, most of us at some point of time resort to this, albeit maybe in another form or to a different degree. 

Offline JPSP

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2013, 12:44:16 PM »
very weird thread.

I've never encountered people giving business deals to those who only drives big cars and wears luxury watches. It's the value propositions your company can offer. If you're looking to reward yourself - get a rollie 2 tone sub.   

Offline soonaikz

• Freshie
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »
Hei, that a Panerai.......; A friend with managerial level owned a Panerai.....;

It time to get a better watches......... Since my work position require so.......

Many may not agree with me, but I believe car & watches.... is a tools to bring your business to next level........

Panerai, Rolex & Grand Seiko....... come into my mind.........

Do my little home work.............;

Panerai............ 1st Out of Picture....... becoz I don't see the good side of it beside than oversize and special guard crown....., yes true enough people notice that a Panerai from special guard crown... resales value???? Sorry Panerai Fan.......

Rolex Vs Grand Seiko;

Rolex Pro - reputable brand, better resale value, I think the only watch that any of their series can resale for at least 50% of your buying price

Rolex Con - Hei your Rolex fake?.......Nowaday robotic assembly.......

Grand Seiko Pro - Hand made and very well finish product; Spring Drive movement superb smooth (I never seen any watches movement better than this), no fake.......

Grand Seiko Con - Are you crazy? you buy a seiko for 20K?; No resale value..........

What about you?

is this your first watch?

your budget?

will you sell off what you bought?

bro, you should not concern yourself on what others think of your rolex or panerai or grand seiko because most watches have imitation or fake ones too. after all, you also never care what others think of your dressing...

Yes my 1st watch.....; 25K and aint not watch collector....plan to upgrade....

Offline STT1987

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »
Omega - If it's good enough for James Bond it's good enough for you.
:Laughing_on_floor:  :Laughing_on_floor:  :Laughing_on_floor:

Seriously, look at the latest Omega Aqua Terra, Constellation and DeVille.
 :Dancing_banana:  :Jumping:  :Dancing_banana:  :Jumping:  :Cheers:
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline swleong

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »
Get a Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic, safe first purchase, easy to offload, good resale velue, not too bling, ceramic bezel good scratch proof material as sometimes you need to get hands on works.

Paired with a Mont Blanc ball pen, black plastic frame Ray-Ban spectacles, white Polo Ralph Lauren long sleeve shirt, LV Monogram belt, not too baggy piece of pant, a pair of clean polish black shoes and you are good to 'join' the 'entry level' business development gang.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »
James,
I share your view.

very weird thread.

I've never encountered people giving business deals to those who only drives big cars and wears luxury watches. It's the value propositions your company can offer. If you're looking to reward yourself - get a rollie 2 tone sub.   

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2013, 01:36:48 PM »
Gosh! The LV monogram belt must be one of the fugliest thing ever invented.

Reminds me of ah beng, ah Seng and DaiLok brothers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:41:41 PM by terrenceterrence »

Offline soonaikz

• Freshie
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »
If your are in engineering business......;

Socialize with your client do happen and is a basic for the nature of business.........; when socialize... beside politic, women - conversation talk about luxury good sometime do come across......;

When you don't own it..... but your talk about it like pro..... people will think your are bullshitier......

When you own something..... you can impress people..........

When you socialize with client and you wear casio..... I think it would funny to talk about how your casio.....

Unlike Lee Ka Shing....... He is a well known rich people.......; He do not need wearing luxury to impress....

as for me, I still nobody to a lot people that I already knew or just know......

If having a conversation with your client......"Hei What your casio movement"..........?? :Laughing_on_floor:  :HammerHead:  :Scolding:....... it that funny in Business Talk???

For me the right luxury item is some kind of tool to impress, buy confident level and plus point...........; is like a mentality game, people more confident with what you talk or bullshit..... becoz subconsciously... tell us you are someone otherwise you can't afford to buy such good.......

It like how people impress when I tell my friend or client a story about "How I manage to exchange my new rubbish volvo (driving for months only) to volkwagen" without losing much money that I paid......

Yes people do impress on my true story.......;

Owning a luxury and bring on table always a plus point when needed......; Owning a Ferari right now I consider too much due to much nature of business.... where I think Ferari most suitable if your in Investor games.......

Just Sharing.....

Offline sean

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
James,
I share your view.

very weird thread.

Strongly agreed, and yet i don think so wearing the above mention 3 brands will bring up your image, is the matter of how you carry yourself.

Offline soonaikz

• Freshie
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2013, 01:43:06 PM »
Get a Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic, safe first purchase, easy to offload, good resale velue, not too bling, ceramic bezel good scratch proof material as sometimes you need to get hands on works.

Paired with a Mont Blanc ball pen, black plastic frame Ray-Ban spectacles, white Polo Ralph Lauren long sleeve shirt, LV Monogram belt, not too baggy piece of pant, a pair of clean polish black shoes and you are good to 'join' the 'entry level' business development gang.

Is a good choice....with SubC + a Mont Blanc pen....; I think that will do..... The rest I think too much......;

But Sub C is not my choice as I dont fancy sport version......

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
While what hanz said is true but I won't say a good quality watch does nothing in a business meeting. At least the 1st impression is good. Just need to be tasteful.

Maybe it won't help 100% or 70%. 5% maybe?  ::)

Regard
Tyler