Author Topic: Unknown Vintage Omega  (Read 5254 times)

Offline kvwong2014

Unknown Vintage Omega
« on: July 11, 2020, 11:13:59 AM »
I've recently found this vintage Omega in my dad's collection. I'm not sure about the origins or anything at all about it.

1. Is it authentic?
2. What model/line/series of Omega is it? (e.g. Seamaster, Constellation, Deville?)
3. What is the period is it from? 1950s, 60s, 70s?

It has an extreme tropical dial and the lume on the hands have fallen off.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated. I have no clue whatsoever. Cheers.

Offline Cocas

Re: Unknown Vintage Omega
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 03:13:59 PM »
This seems like a Omega Geneve with centered second hand.

Offline kvwong2014

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 06:49:05 PM »

Thanks for the reply, at least I can look at that series of omega watches for clues.

Are you familiar with vintage Omegas? I literally have no clue about this watch. Do you know roughly what year could this watch be? As in what period was it made?

Offline mongourou

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 07:59:03 AM »
Could you open the case back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline Cocas

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 09:27:59 AM »

Thanks for the reply, at least I can look at that series of omega watches for clues.

Are you familiar with vintage Omegas? I literally have no clue about this watch. Do you know roughly what year could this watch be? As in what period was it made?

I tried to look it up for you just now.

Omega official website used to have vintage Omega full data , now it is not available to public anymore.

I have a vintage DeVille and a vintage Geneve and an old Speedmaster. I managed to get their full details from the Omega website.

Offline kvwong2014

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 09:58:14 AM »

I tried to look it up for you just now.

Omega official website used to have vintage Omega full data , now it is not available to public anymore.

I have a vintage DeVille and a vintage Geneve and an old Speedmaster. I managed to get their full details from the Omega website.

That's too bad, I guess they want people to physically go to Omega stores to identify their watches and more importantly send them for service $$$ haha. Thanks so much for helping me anyways.

The other vintage Omega that I have was much easier to identify, an Omega Seamaster cal 503.