Author Topic: Buying watches using Chrono24 website  (Read 20174 times)

Offline Nkssupreme

Re: Buying watches using Chrono24 website
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2020, 07:46:57 PM »
Just sharing my experience,
1. I found a watch that i liked in chrono24 before MCO started.
2. Did some homework on the seller through the internet (rolexforum, watchuseek etc). The seller has its own website and sell the same watch in it.
3. Once felt comfortable after the "homework", contacted the dealer via email and obtained more info on the watch. Managed to get further discount on the watch too.
4. Again, felt more comfortable after that, agreed on the invoice and made payment via Paypal. Insisted shipment to be done via DHL and asked for lower value of the timepiece when doing the shipment so that the custom tax charged is lower.
5. After payment made, watch was the dispatched from its origin which was in UK.
6. The next day, DHL malaysia called me to let me know the custom taxes needed to pay and i duly paid after that.
7. 2 days after the watch was dispatched, voila, the watch reached to my office place.

All this processes were done without going through chrono24 and the whole thing took exactly 3 days. I knew there was a risk and I took it. However, the cost of the watch is around 3k poundish though.

Offline Conscript

Re: Buying watches using Chrono24 website
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2020, 08:16:10 AM »
Thanks for sharing the process :Cheers: