Author Topic: Hello all...Newbie noob seeking to learn more about watches here  (Read 1558 times)

Offline truman6

Hello all...Newbie noob seeking to learn more about watches here
« on: November 10, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
Hi All, i'm Truman. Very new to watches..i did wore some watches since sooooo looong ago..there was Chagal Watch & it was stolen when some damn drug-addict damn thief broke into my house....since then i purchased cheaper watches...swatch, casio, etc..all except Swatch wasbroken beyond repair (most of it have to change the engine inside) after 1 year ++ of wearing..

All of it was well taken care of..(i dont like my stuff get scratched or dropped incl. phone, laptop, etc)..but somehow, 99% of my watch still R.I.P after a year ++.. maybe my magnetic field is too high or something.

But now, i wanna come back after 7 years without watch..

I'm not too rich fella or too poor..therefore, i like to follow you guys' guide to purchase some watches .

I stumbled upon few brands that i'm very very interested..1.) Victorinox, 2.) Hamilton, 3.) Luminox.

Could you guys help this noob fella about the 3 brands? if i could, i would buy those 3 at once..but money not enough ler...

Please do give some opinion.. my budget is above RM1500, below RM2500....prefer those safe from water & automatic..

Any opinion is appreciated...thank you very much in advance.

Offline jason_loh

• Freshie
Re: Hello all...Newbie noob seeking to learn more about watches here
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »
Hi Truman, welcome to MWF and I'm a newbie in this forum too. Perhaps good to "survey" the classifieds here to begin with  :)

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Hello all...Newbie noob seeking to learn more about watches here
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »
Hi Truman,
Welcome to Malaysia Watch Forum.
Of the 3 watch brands that you're considering I would say that Hamilton is the one with more history,
and being part of the Swatch Group it benefits from their after sales support.

Some other brands that you may wish to consider include:

i) Seiko
ii) Orient
iii) Citizen
iv) Tissot (Also part of Swatch Group)

Seiko and Orient do have automatic diver watches which offer excellent value for money.

You may wish to also check out the members' pre-owned section for the occasional good deal.

Just my 2 cents.

:Cheers: