Author Topic: Hi! A greenhorn in need of help...  (Read 2339 times)

Offline boeid

Hi! A greenhorn in need of help...
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:23 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a greenhorn here - introduced to this hobby(?) less than a year ago, just started by buying a couple of watches that I like and affordable to me.

Anyway, this morning I dropped my Hamilton Jazzmaster ( http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en/gents/american-classic/jazzmaster/viewmatic/H32515535 ) which I bought about 2 months ago online. My heart stopped temporarily and my eyes started to get watery (I am being over dramatic here) but luckily it seemed that there were no damages. Pheww..

But while driving to the office, I realized the watch just stopped ticking. Shock it a bit, it moved and then stopped. Did it a couple of times more and just gave up (and this time I did cried a bit - hehehe).

So you guys know where I can get it repair? any recommended shop?
From what I know, Hamilton is under Swatch Group. Are they my best bet?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Hi! A greenhorn in need of help...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »
Hi Boeid,
Welcome to Malaysia Watch Forum. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident with your new watch.
Assuming that the watch came with a valid international warranty your best bet would be to send it back to Swatch Group Service Center at Wisma Goldhill.

:Cheers:

Offline Naz iskandar

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »
hi..me too sorry to hear tht..agreed with danny its better for u to send it there..its not acceptable even u send to the dealer shop technician bcz they wont do it since the watch is freshly under warranty...

Offline boeid

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the advices.

Just browsing through the Hamilton website, apparently its service centre in Malaysia is indeed the Swatch Group @ Wisma Goldhill.
http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en/customer-service/service-centers/
 :Dancing_banana: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Will be in touch with them next Monday and update you guys later.

Cheers!

Offline gloomis

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 06:32:40 AM »
no others way better than sending your watch back to the original service center if your watch still have the warranty.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:49:02 AM »
Welcome :)

Like the rest said, best send back to the shop for warranty. All the best  :thumbsup:

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »
Welcome Boeid, to Malaysia Watch Forum.
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident with your Hamilton.
Hope all is well after you have send it for repair at Wisma Goldhill.

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 07:22:09 AM »
Hi boeid, hope everything is fine by now, in this case i think the hair spring just snap when u drop it.Not a big problem don't worry. n also welcome..