Author Topic: Let's talk property  (Read 92368 times)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: Let's talk property
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2013, 01:51:27 PM »
My experience of staying in condos rented to college students or high student population in the project, whatever u earn would be off set by the damage done
Yeah... Kinda agree on that part...
Students will just rape your property and when they move out, ready to pay for repairs...
The security deposit will never be enough to cover the repairs...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Bestwatch

• Freshie
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2013, 03:16:57 PM »
Recently, I have bought fortune perdana at kepong area. Anyone bought here?
1027sqft RM 476k...

Offline Chipi

« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2014, 04:25:51 AM »
I see the discussion stop last year (2013).
Any input/thoughts for 2014 after the cooling measures?

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »
I was just having lunch with my banker a few days ago. The government is trying to "correct" market speculation by implementing taxes on private properties and additional taxes on top of the taxes for commercial properties.

My take on this? Based on what was happening in Hong Kong...govt implemented a 100% increase in stamp duty for properties bought by non permanent residents, has not subdued the hunger for buying properties here by non residents. All they do is increase the rent which has to be born by the renter. There was a slight correction of property prices though, but not significant enough as the difference is only 5%.

Back to KL...I think that there will be a slight slowdown or stabilisation of property prices as investors are being scrutinized more by banks before a loan is released. Bank Negara is putting a limit on repayment years on people who want to re-mortgage their properties.. So with all these in place, I will see a slight stabilisation, but still a strong need for properties in the KL/Klang valley areas. Many people are cash rich and as the famous Lee Ka Shing has quoted before, buying bricks are better than buying paper...

All of the above are my humble opinion only. As always, I stand corrected by anyone who has more updated or better information. Interested to hear what others has to say about the current trend.

DC

Offline el118

« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2014, 09:29:27 AM »
That's right. bankers are getting very strict and more and more loan applications got rejected. this could help prevent further exurberant hike in property prices.

Now the impact of GST would come into play soon.

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2014, 03:25:25 PM »
If the local market is hostile to property investor, its time to consider the UK's market. Bearing in mind of the likelihood of another cycle of Asian financial crisis over this 15-20 years cycle!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2014, 08:42:23 PM »
So Bank negara is targeting speculator so far
Previous yr u saw 3rd house loan max 70%
This yr

1. Dibs prohibited
2. Rpgt increased up to 30%
3. Foreign buyer can only buy a million or above property (previously rm500k)
4. Developer must declare full all benefit in sales ( free legal fee, lstamp duty, etc )

+ 6% of GST in 2015
+ consent needed for en bloc purchase

So....

Cooling is for sure...

Iskandar is overheat, cooling as well... All sales slow down, after mh370, worst!

But affordable housing? So far reputable new scheme still selling very well!
All projects in Kajang Bangi semenyih broga beranang.... Still selling very well!

Offline watzisname

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2014, 08:08:10 AM »
At what point is it considered a bubble? Hundreds of ppl lining up for a property launching for a chance to spin a wheel to win a chance to buy an uncompleted property using borrowed money. If this is not over-exuberance I don't know what is.

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »
Agree with bro wats...., local properties market likely to take a tumble within the nxt 3 yrs!

Offline watzisname

« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »
Don't say tumble la.. but I honestly see limited upside for property. Although I've been saying that for the last few years  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline schnitzer

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2014, 08:52:44 AM »
I'm in opinion that property prices will continue it's upward trend (albeit at a slower pace) given that we have yet to address the most fundamental issue: The fact that demand is still exceeding supply. I don't believe developers are supplying enough units to address the demand, and as long as this is the case, property price will continue to rise. Rising material price and GST will be other factors that shouldn't be overlooked as well. If you ask me, I agree that property market is heating up, but a bubble? No, I don't think we are anywhere near that yet.

Offline el118

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2014, 11:54:47 AM »
It depends on what is the definition of bubble. one of the practical way is to look at the rental yield. many properties now are giving yield lower than FD interest. which would mean the only way the investor hope to make money is for continual hike in the capital price.

I wont say Malaysia is having great bubble now but situation would definitely get worse if not because we have a brilliant Governor whom i think did a very good job in monitoring the market. (one of the tiny few Govt officers i regarded as brilliant. I am having hard time single out a second one. )

Offline watzisname

« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2014, 06:02:12 AM »
Ya maybe we should have more women in high posts  :Dancing_banana:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2014, 07:02:49 AM »
I'm in opinion that property prices will continue it's upward trend (albeit at a slower pace) given that we have yet to address the most fundamental issue: The fact that demand is still exceeding supply. I don't believe developers are supplying enough units to address the demand, and as long as this is the case, property price will continue to rise. Rising material price and GST will be other factors that shouldn't be overlooked as well. If you ask me, I agree that property market is heating up, but a bubble? No, I don't think we are anywhere near that yet.

Problem is demand is more for affordable units but market seems to purposely neglect the said demand....
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »

Problem is demand is more for affordable units but market seems to purposely neglect the said demand....

Developer responding actually...
just that houses is further away from town. KL to Cheras to Kajang to Bangi to Sementih to Broga Beranang nilai now....

cost soared up since 2-3 yrs ago.
so.... SO CALLED affordable price
for apartment is below rm500k
for landed is below million dollar

Offline dpkong

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2014, 03:23:38 PM »

And neglecting that market will come with a bad outcome.

Offline el118

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »

And neglecting that market will come with a bad outcome.

those are less profitable and thus developer are less interested in.

One area on low cost housing, i noticed that there are plenty of low cost unit on bank's lelong / auction, some well below market price. but on the other end Govt is forcing developer to build low cost apartment again. Why can't the Govt assist those low income earner to buy from existing unit put on sale instead of keep building new? which could kill two birds with one stone. i.e solve the default case while help house owner get a cheap unit.