Author Topic: Any SLR users?  (Read 18420 times)

Offline dualcarb

Re: Any SLR users?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 08:55:39 AM »
I have a Nikon FM2N from the 80's which I still take out and use from time to time. I don't have any of the AiS lenses from the period, so I pair it up with my more "modern" D series lenses. I also carry my digital body out in case there are situations which make it a little "trickier" to meter. I used to buy Ilford HP5 film, but I am quite happy with the fuji across these last couple of years. But of late, since the arrival of my little monster, I don't really have much time for film. So it is back to digital till much later. My FM2N is still mint and I plan to keep it that way...maybe my little boy will learn to appreciate it when he grows up...

DC

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »

My FM2 has been with me for most part of my Uni days. I do pick it up once in a while, whenever I get a chance to get my hands on any roll of films still in existence out there.

I just like playing with things that has knobs....  ;D ;D ;D

u must be a fast shooter using batt grip there  :o rarely seen ppl using vertical shutter like you nowaday, cool  :thumbsup:

lens is not old enough to pair, hehe. btw wats your favor film there ? :)

Cheers,

The battery grip/motor-drive is my single most loved accessories. I even had to place a special order the vertical button. Just love the weight and the sounds it makes.

Back then, for prints, I'd normally use any Kodak for portraits and events; Fujifilm for landscape. For transparency, Velvia would be my regular choice as I do a lot of scenery. But now, anything goes :)

Offline JimmyZabe

Any SLR users
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 02:24:15 AM »
Hi looking for some advice. Really would like to get into photography more but only got ordinary digital camera at moment. I cant afford a digital SLR. Wondered if these bridge cameras were any good? Want do mainly nature type photos. Thanks.
I trust this robot trading software for profitable investments

Offline dualcarb

Re: Any SLR users
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
Hi looking for some advice. Really would like to get into photography more but only got ordinary digital camera at moment. I cant afford a digital SLR. Wondered if these bridge cameras were any good? Want do mainly nature type photos. Thanks.
It’s the photographer and not the equipment. Learn the basics first, like the rule of thirds, simple editing and the understanding the concept of light and shadows. The camera does not matter. Lots of great photos are taken on a simple iPhone these days. Good luck and have fun.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 04:38:02 PM »
Photography used to be my fave hobby (can't afford 'em watches those days), and that was during the real analogue camera days- I am talking about Nikon FM days, films, filters, lenses, etc. To develop film costed quite a fair bit, so you learnt to sharpen your skills such that there was minimal loss through lousy photographs.

I embraced the digital SLR when it came along, then went into bridge cameras as the technology matured such that the smaller footprints could in fact challenge the actual SLRs.

These days, I tend to take photos just via the smartphone. Why so, you'd ask. Just look at the quality from iPhone and Samsung, and don't get me started on Huawei with its Leica double lens. Lots of in-built filters, and the aperture, speed, etc could be tweaked to suit your intended subject matter. Heck, there's even optional add-on lenses these days (although quality was still relatively poorer than SLRs in this aspect). It's no wonder that smartphones are taking over the roles of cameras these days. If you really want to develop your skills with a camera but can't afford an SLR as yet, the bridge camera would be an equally good option. Just click and click, and push the envelope further. Have fun!
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline Gary30624700

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2021, 12:33:32 AM »
mechanical camera is always a good teacher to teach you about photography,

becoz every shot u need consider , thats how we grow up

digital make it cheap to produce a photo, and honestly i think less, just snap shot style~

miss my pre-owned FM3a
this is life