Author Topic: what is on your wrist today?  (Read 2946431 times)

Offline Empty Tree 8

Re: what is on your wrist today?
« Reply #7400 on: May 13, 2013, 07:26:49 AM »

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7401 on: May 13, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »
Was on black cased/black dial contemporary sporty watches whole of last week
This morning back to formal office wear that reflects the serious and not so cheery mood today....

Even set the day wrong when I took it out this morning... bleah, drat and double drat... :Blue:

Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline horomas

« Reply #7402 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »
Tis just in..The green eyed monster

Offline kjse7en

« Reply #7403 on: May 13, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
On my new grail AR WAK2110 :D

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:38:55 PM by kjse7en »

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #7404 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:17 AM »

Orient Mako II
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline davidtth

« Reply #7405 on: May 14, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
on this today but not taken by today :)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7406 on: May 14, 2013, 12:38:36 PM »
david,
this is v nice..
can u pm me the model number and where u got it/price.
wat material is the dial..
thnks.

Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #7407 on: May 14, 2013, 10:52:09 PM »
Wow David, I like  :thumbsup:

Breget fonts, nice

Offline rusminag

« Reply #7408 on: May 15, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »
Good Morning...
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline kevlee

« Reply #7409 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:46 AM »

Offline davidtth

« Reply #7410 on: May 15, 2013, 10:00:25 AM »
Wow David, I like  :thumbsup:

Breget fonts, nice

thanks Alvin ! i like it more like the pre-seiko laurel look

on my hand today again :D

Offline MerzT

• Merchants
« Reply #7411 on: May 15, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »

The crown etching on glass too obvious and also the chapter ring wording slightly smaller and etching too light.

from far it looks like genuine.

You guys are good... Notice why i didn't write anything with the picture? Anyway i told my friend (who burned his wallet buying this piece) that it was a replica but he chose not to believe me. Apparently this piece came with "papers" he said so i didnt want to dissappoint him further.
Earlier in the week, the same friend had the shock of his life when he sent his omega planet ocean for a service only to find that it too was a replica. He had bought that 3 years ago at the omega boutique. Slightly over 2 years ago it had some repairs done to it at the omega service centre in goldhill for a loose crown. He had the papers to prove it (the repairs). He indicated that he got the watch back 3 days later!!! Could it be that it was "switched"?

I doubt authorized service centres are that ballsy to "switch" a piece from genuine to replica.
Even if they dare, your friend should be able to tell his watch from another right?
Replicas are just that, replicas... From a picture, it might fool some ppl, once held on the hand, all tells will surface.

Point taken but can you believe that repairs to the loose crown would take only three days?

I could tell immediately that the Rolex was a replica just by looking at it. But i guess some people just cant accept reality.

Why would it be difficult to accept or believe that a loose crown repair can be done in three days?

I meant that my friend couldnt accept that it was in fact a fake, not that a loose crown repair would take 3 days. I myself doubt that any watch service centre works that quickly. Sending in my Revue Thommen XL Airspeed for a service takes 2.5 months...

How scary is this gonna be ? I doubt the service centre could do such thing as switching the watch . I think more that your friend making story to cover his lies . But I can't 100% say he is coz there is possibility that omega staff has severe financial difficulty and run away with Po with temporary method . But he succeed as your friend just notice this after 3 years .. Great story and if it's real then I think omega need to give your friend a bnib Po

Offline JPSP

« Reply #7412 on: May 15, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »

Offline infinityws

• Freshie
« Reply #7413 on: May 15, 2013, 03:30:33 PM »

The crown etching on glass too obvious and also the chapter ring wording slightly smaller and etching too light.

from far it looks like genuine.

You guys are good... Notice why i didn't write anything with the picture? Anyway i told my friend (who burned his wallet buying this piece) that it was a replica but he chose not to believe me. Apparently this piece came with "papers" he said so i didnt want to dissappoint him further.
Earlier in the week, the same friend had the shock of his life when he sent his omega planet ocean for a service only to find that it too was a replica. He had bought that 3 years ago at the omega boutique. Slightly over 2 years ago it had some repairs done to it at the omega service centre in goldhill for a loose crown. He had the papers to prove it (the repairs). He indicated that he got the watch back 3 days later!!! Could it be that it was "switched"?

I doubt authorized service centres are that ballsy to "switch" a piece from genuine to replica.
Even if they dare, your friend should be able to tell his watch from another right?
Replicas are just that, replicas... From a picture, it might fool some ppl, once held on the hand, all tells will surface.

Point taken but can you believe that repairs to the loose crown would take only three days?

I could tell immediately that the Rolex was a replica just by looking at it. But i guess some people just cant accept reality.

Why would it be difficult to accept or believe that a loose crown repair can be done in three days?

I meant that my friend couldnt accept that it was in fact a fake, not that a loose crown repair would take 3 days. I myself doubt that any watch service centre works that quickly. Sending in my Revue Thommen XL Airspeed for a service takes 2.5 months...

How scary is this gonna be ? I doubt the service centre could do such thing as switching the watch . I think more that your friend making story to cover his lies . But I can't 100% say he is coz there is possibility that omega staff has severe financial difficulty and run away with Po with temporary method . But he succeed as your friend just notice this after 3 years .. Great story and if it's real then I think omega need to give your friend a bnib Po

wow scares me a bit, but shouldn't he be checking the serial number before leaving the service center? it's not really possible to cheat the serial number. And the newer submariner make it even easier to see the serial at the 6 o'clock.

Offline jason_recliner

« Reply #7414 on: May 15, 2013, 04:25:25 PM »

Offline spryken

« Reply #7415 on: May 15, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »
Today

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #7416 on: May 16, 2013, 07:42:15 AM »

That's a very interesting way to wear a watch. Do you work in real cold places?

Offline jason_recliner

« Reply #7417 on: May 16, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
No, I was inspecting a smelter that day. It's a hazardous working environment so considerable PPE is required.

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #7418 on: May 16, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »
No, I was inspecting a smelter that day. It's a hazardous working environment so considerable PPE is required.

I see. You work in the mining industry?

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7419 on: May 16, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »
Will be on Teutonic watches next 2 days....starting with today's

Glashutte Panomatic Lunar XL

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:30:38 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline sniperontheroof

• Freshie
« Reply #7420 on: May 16, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »

What model is this?

Offline dcpillai

« Reply #7421 on: May 16, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »

What model is this?

Nice .... Is the dial enamel???

Offline jason_recliner

« Reply #7422 on: May 16, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
I see. You work in the mining industry?

I'm a consulting environmental scientist, so I work across many industries, and currently I'm working at a minesite.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #7423 on: May 16, 2013, 08:22:45 PM »

What model is this?

Nice .... Is the dial enamel???

the model is srp385, it comes in three color white, blue, black and have 1500 LE for each color

nope its just normal white dial unlike the other higher end version in rome wording in enamel

i'm surprise many ppl ask me about this model, happy with this "buy a watch in 5 min decision" :p

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #7424 on: May 17, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »

I'm a consulting environmental scientist, so I work across many industries, and currently I'm working at a minesite.

Respect!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: