Author Topic: what is on your wrist today?  (Read 2946370 times)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: what is on your wrist today?
« Reply #4875 on: April 27, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
Felt like a Chronograph for today and over the weekend.

Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4876 on: April 27, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
Danny,

Nice sterile dial pilot watch. More info please.

Thanks Hobbit. Glad you like it. It's the Azimuth B-Uhr 48mm.
More info on the watch can be found in my previous post here:

http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,1682.0.html

:Cheers:

48mm? I thought it was 42mm. Looks good on you.

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #4877 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:41 AM »

Wearing my Invicta 8926 Pro Diver Automatic Watch
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4878 on: April 27, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »
I love unsigned pilot. :thumbsup:

Another one saying hello. :Cheers:

Regards
Tyler

Judging from Gloomis and Hobbits posts, today seems to be a day for big watches:

Since we are on unsigned pilots....

The LACO WUS SE, almost perfect.....

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4879 on: April 27, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
not unsigned but coincidentally on this today as well...

Guess today is the unofficial "B-Uhren Tag"

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4880 on: April 27, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »
Terrence, the Wempe Zeitmaster is like 39mm? Wears big?
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4881 on: April 27, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
it comes in 2 sizes. mine's the XL in 44mm and 15mm thick, not including the domed crystal.

fortunately, I have a flat wrist so it sits well and with the extended lugs, the strap just goes straight down around the wrist too.

with the custom strap, it sits very comfortable around the wrist without moving. Kudos to the strap maker who got it down to a T  :thumbsup:

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #4882 on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
PAM417 Lady Liberty with Vuitton Damier straps...

Offline kentkoh79

• Freshie
« Reply #4883 on: April 27, 2012, 12:22:48 PM »
friday night.....time for bling bling a bit........

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4884 on: April 27, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
cool one bro... so i guess to today's the unofficial pilot's watch day... with the b-uhren, Rainbow Flyback and now GMTiiC  :thumbsup:

This gets the unofficial Seal of Approval
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:33:13 PM by terrenceterrence »

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #4885 on: April 27, 2012, 12:48:33 PM »

THis today......signed beobachtungsuhr (sorry...old photo from 3 weeks ago  ;D ;D )

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4886 on: April 27, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »

THis today......signed beobachtungsuhr (sorry...old photo from 3 weeks ago  ;D ;D )

:thumbsup: cool watch bro... only the Germans can come out with such a beautifully functional watch.. synchonisation on the go.

if they came up with this during the war...imagine the devatating effect of synchonised carpet bombing down to the second  :o

Offline watchlow

« Reply #4887 on: April 27, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
 :thumbsup:...nice.... looks like everybdy had a nice watch , :D

Offline rusminag

« Reply #4888 on: April 27, 2012, 02:23:05 PM »
Testing this at WWII Sales today

Really tempted to catch Damasko DK10.... Wait for pre-owned... maybe..
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4889 on: April 27, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
Loo, I don't remember seeing the button at the 8 o'clock position when I checked that watch at the MV gtg...
Excuse my ignorance but mind telling what is the function?  ???

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4890 on: April 27, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »
Loo, I don't remember seeing the button at the 8 o'clock position when I checked that watch at the MV gtg...

Flyback.... resets the secondhand back to zero. So you can get synchronisation on the go.

The B-uhren are actually not for pilots...but for the "observers" aka the one who looks out for target and release the bombs. the pilots just fly the cargo to the drop zone and back.

thus if they have such a precision timing device last time...imagine the destruction it would cause :o

I definitely give it to GO for such a simple and ingenious addition for an update to the traditional function og the B-Uhren.

The Germans are after all about function before form.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:37:49 PM by terrenceterrence »

Offline Manburg

« Reply #4891 on: April 27, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »
Testing this at WWII Sales today

Really tempted to catch Damasko DK10.... Wait for pre-owned... maybe..

Rusmin, was the sales any good, and the discount up to 70% as advertised? Had a feeling for the white-dialed Max Bill chrono a while ago, but not as keen now.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4892 on: April 27, 2012, 03:07:33 PM »

Flyback.... resets the secondhand back to zero. So you can get synchronisation on the go.

The B-uhren are actually not for pilots...but for the "observers" aka the one who looks out for target and release the bombs. the pilots just fly the cargo to the drop zone and back.

thus if they have such a precision timing device last time...imagine the destruction it would cost  :o

I definitely give it to GO for such a simple and ingenious addition for an update to the traditional function og the B-Uhren.

I see... Thanks for the info... Sounds similar to to the Zenith Retrotimer...

Offline rusminag

« Reply #4893 on: April 27, 2012, 03:17:03 PM »
Manburg,
All 70% off items gone already....
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4894 on: April 27, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »

thus if they have such a precision timing device last time...imagine the destruction it would cost  :o

well .. not quite. the Retrotimer just removes two modules namely the hour and second modules and is used as a 30 minute chrono. the central second hand would only engage when activated by the chrono pusher.

the GO Navigator instead is just a normal centre sweep second equipped with a flyback button to reset back to zero when engaged. Thus the primary function is for synchonisation.

Imagine a situation where... bombers are flying in formation to a target drop zone. minutes to target, radio command is relayed to all planes to reset the button and synchronise their watches; "drop at exactly 3 minutes from now" ..

So you can imagine the combined carpet bombing effect with such precision timing.....

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4895 on: April 27, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »

well .. not quite. the Retrotimer just removes two modules namely the hour and second modules and is used as a 30 minute chrono. the central second hand would only engage when activated by the chrono pusher.

the GO Navigator instead is just a normal centre sweep second equipped with a flyback button to reset back to zero when engaged. Thus the primary function is for synchonisation.

Imagine a situation where... bombers are flying in formation to a target drop zone. minutes to target, radio command is relayed to all planes to reset the button and synchronise their watches; "drop at exactly 3 minutes from now" ..

So you can imagine the combined carpet bombing effect with such precision timing.....
I remember the retrotimer as so...
The seconds hand is continuously running unless you press the single chrono button and everything starts again... Flyback as well...
Am i wrong? Details on the retrotimer is scarce and i have yet to molest one in person.
Correct me if i am wrong bro...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4896 on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »

The seconds hand is continuously running unless you press the single chrono button and everything starts again... Flyback as well...
Am i wrong? Details on the retrotimer is scarce and i have yet to molest one in person.

I am not sure also... I always thought it was a monopusher 30 minute chrono. Never played with it also.

So if it functions like the GO ..then the 30 minute module is tagged to...?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4897 on: April 27, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »

I am not sure also... I always thought it was a monopusher 30 minute chrono. Never played with it also.

So if it functions like the GO ..then the 30 minute module is tagged to...?
From the little info that i can gather, the 30 minute chrono is always ongoing.
Once you press the chrono button, the 30 min counter resets to zero together with the seconds hand and starts again.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4898 on: April 27, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »
in that case i see that it has it's applications for chefs  :laugh:

they should start having some celebrity chefs endorsing the Retrotimer....  time you eggs....meat searing.... etc.  :laugh:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4899 on: April 27, 2012, 05:16:49 PM »
in that case i see that it has it's applications for chefs  :laugh:

they should start having some celebrity chefs endorsing the Retrotimer....  time you eggs....meat searing.... etc.  :laugh:
The 7 minute marker on the sub dial is coloured cheekily in red.
When mr.dufour was asked what it means.... His answer is that it takes 7 minutes to cook pasta to "al dente"  ;D