Author Topic: Has anyone ever actually get blacklisted by AD for flipping?  (Read 303 times)

Offline x-1o8-x

• Freshie
I've heard stories of ADs banning buyers that flip, but those seem to be mostly in overseas and so far I have never heard of such case in our country.

has anyone of you ever get blacklisted for flipping watches? if yes, did they tell you about it or did you find out only when you asked for another watch?
Never Tidur on Tudor

Offline Mavkjay

Re: Has anyone ever actually get blacklisted by AD for flipping?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 07:27:18 AM »
From what I gather, mainly for Rolexes, upon being allocated a watch, your name would be submitted into the system for verification. After a few days of vetting, only then would you be given a confirmation whether the watch is yours or not. Not sure what are they vetting though...

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 09:21:43 AM »
That's an interesting notion, although I doubt anyone who's actually been blacklisted would actually bother to admit to that fact though

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 12:44:38 PM »
From what I gather, they check the phone numbers of certain ads - especially for brand new / unworn / Local AD sets.

They will block small time flippers. But the established grey dealers...got Vibranium cable.... :HammerHead: :P

Offline x-1o8-x

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 06:19:39 PM »
From what I gather, they check the phone numbers of certain ads - especially for brand new / unworn / Local AD sets.

They will block small time flippers. But the established grey dealers...got Vibranium cable.... :HammerHead: :P

hahaha very close relationship indeed  ;D
Never Tidur on Tudor

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 09:03:00 PM »

I'm sure we all love to demonize ADs or SAs that we cannot get pieces from and accuse them of backdoor agreements with grey dealers but the truth is most of the watches come from preferred high-profile customers who discreetly offload selected pieces to the grey market "boss" who then passes them on the grey market dealers. Some grey do of course have good connections with ADs.

I have heard from one of the major AD that they do actively check for flippers and the company does in fact have an IT section that checks on any re-sale of pieces to determine if it came from their sales network. Of course they can't catch every single sale but action has been taken before to ban any future sale of Rolex to said customer(s) and even the SA responsible for the sale is investigated for collusion..

Offline W3ll

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 11:42:09 PM »

Grey dealers surely have their pool of customers who they sent to the AD building purchase history and collecting their Rolex pieces. AD can just blacklist those names, but eventually, they surely can find some new names to start repeating the process again at the AD.

Offline jf98

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 12:33:57 PM »
Based on what i heard from a reputable AD whose logo looks like an hour glass, it's almost impossible for their sales associates to "collude" with clients to flip their allocated pieces for a profit now. Apparently HQ decides which stores get allocated what pieces, then it's up to the store manager to distribute them between the SAs.

Unless you got direct cable to HQ la, then different story.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline swleong

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 03:23:46 PM »
As long as human is involve in the process, that's always loopholes for the AD/SA to sell watches to the flippers.

The action of "flipping" is an arguable term like our political situation of "jumping ship", complicated and difficult to stop.

Maybe, there should be some contractual binded terms and conditions between the AD and buyer, i.e. if the buyer want to sell the watches in say within 3 years, the buyer must sell it back to the AD at certain agreed price. Else, the action will be deemed as "flipping", and their names will be blacklisted for life by the AD.   ;D   

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 08:25:15 PM »
Rolex should have used Volvo's tagline la... "For life."
 :Laughing_on_floor: