Author Topic: Moonswatch  (Read 7778 times)

Offline SLK

• Freshie
Moonswatch
« on: March 24, 2022, 11:57:38 AM »
Thoughts on the new Swatch X Omega collab?

IMO, I like that they are making it accessible for a wider audience, especially for those who can’t afford the original moonwatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dualcarb

Re: Moonswatch
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 01:49:23 PM »
Only thing to think about is…which one to buy…I have the sistem 51 and absolutely love it. Will definitely make a bee line to the shops day after to have a look see…This will pair nicely with my speedy pro

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 03:22:10 PM »
It is an interesting model and a good fun watch. Since it is only sold in selected Swatch boutiques, then I will only get one IF I happen to be there and IF the variant I want is available.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 03:40:04 PM »

I am surprised the Omega forums are full of haters...

they've always been a much nicer bunch than the Rolex forums, and then the Moonswatch came along and they crawled out of the woodwork

even though the Omega name and logo is there, Omega themselves don't seem to be selling the watch so it's more like Swatch making a moonwatch the Swatch way..

I think it's cute, my kids like it, and this will start their journey to the real Omega timepiece..

Offline bimmerman

• Dating for unattached relationships
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 04:12:15 PM »
Though not limited edition watches, I think demand is going to exceed supply and the scalpers are going to have a field year with these. They'll probably sell out within an hour or so and I doubt there'll be any to see at the Swatch shop once you reach the shop end of the mile long queue. We'll soon find out come Saturday.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 06:35:18 PM »
Yep, get set for #SoldOutCulture this saturday. RM 1065 a piece, only at Swatch Pavi, only 2 pcs max per customer, no duplicate color choices. I actually dropped by the Omega boutique just now n the SA was getting call after call from clients asking about the Moonswatch (love that nickname btw). These r great, but I wonder if they're gonna go the way of other flippable merch. Especially dat mission to youranus  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 06:41:31 PM »

anything that people hate at introduction ends up to be a bestseller over time..

look at the fugly SkyDweller when it was announced a decade ago...

Offline Slasher927

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 06:42:46 PM »
If any member gonna go take a queue please inform us the situation, still not decide go from Johor, afraid out of stock in short time.

Offline bimmerman

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 06:45:43 PM »
Strap wise there's always rubber for Uranus!

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 07:38:31 PM »
This will be like the all-black Casioak. Chill. It is a swatch.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 08:58:42 PM »
Fear not

Offline vans1088

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 09:56:17 PM »
Any L2L dimensions or is it a carbon copy of the speedy pro in terms of dimensions?

Offline taggy

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 07:47:00 AM »
Fear not

Was just gonna ask if this was a LE. You answered it in time haha. I like the Monnswatch, but not crazy enough to queue up and rush for it. Well at least I know at some time or another, I would be able to get my hands on it.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 10:02:38 AM »
Though not limited edition watches, I think demand is going to exceed supply and the scalpers are going to have a field year with these. They'll probably sell out within an hour or so and I doubt there'll be any to see at the Swatch shop once you reach the shop end of the mile long queue. We'll soon find out come Saturday.

I agree that this will be the situation in the short term. Thus it is important that buyers out there be prudent.

Offline LeonLow

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2022, 10:10:12 AM »
It seems the queue is already started in Taipei
posted on the Omega FB page

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2022, 10:34:25 AM »
Yep, get set for #SoldOutCulture this saturday. RM 1065 a piece, only at Swatch Pavi, only 2 pcs max per customer, no duplicate color choices. I actually dropped by the Omega boutique just now n the SA was getting call after call from clients asking about the Moonswatch (love that nickname btw). These r great, but I wonder if they're gonna go the way of other flippable merch. Especially dat mission to youranus  :Laughing_on_floor:

and like with almost anything Tiffany Blue...the Mission to Uranus is probably impossible get. However you apply it. hahahahaha

Offline bimmerman

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 11:35:14 AM »

and like with almost anything Tiffany Blue...the Mission to Uranus is probably impossible get. However you apply it. hahahahaha

I suppose if really desperate, one could pay the scalpers for a backdoor to Uranus.  :mooning:

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 04:28:30 PM »

I suppose if really desperate, one could pay the scalpers for a backdoor to Uranus.  :mooning:

:HammerHead:  Are we still talking about watches  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline W3ll

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2022, 05:08:47 PM »
People get overly hyped over some plastic toy watches  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline bimmerman

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2022, 05:12:51 PM »
Bud it ain't plastic, it's Castor oil!

Just wait till you feel the effects of castor oil and silicone on Uranus.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2022, 08:31:54 PM »
Hang betui kejam bro  :Laughing_on_floor: pity the fellers queueing at pavi

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2022, 10:22:38 AM »
I heard that at Pavi, they gave out only 200+ numbered tickets this morning to those who lined up outside the mall's main entrance - only 1 watch per person limit. Those who were already lining up outside the Swatch shop before the mall's opening time didn't get squat.  :o :P

Offline LeonLow

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2022, 10:59:23 AM »
The HYPE is real!!

Offline Cocas

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »
Hype behaviour is really gila... :D

Offline dpkong

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »