Author Topic: A very solemn day for me on the passing of the icon, YB Karpal Singh  (Read 3492 times)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
I've never met or spoken to him personally, though I had seen him once from afar at the old Duta courthouse and another time at the voting centre many2 years ago.

Still.. his sudden untimely passing leaves a pain, a void in my heart, a pain I feel only when someone personally dear to me has passed on.

I salute a great man, someone who I admire, even though I am not one to idolize anyone throughout my life..
A fellow Penangite, a fellow true Malaysian...I've passed his house countless times in Penang.

This is the first time ever in my life I feel such sadness so strongly enough to put up a post anywhere, in tribute to a great man whom I've never met personally..

RIP Mr Karpal Singh, Sir.....I wish I had the chance to have met you in person at least once, to tell you how amazing a man I think you are...you will not be forgotten by the decent upright Malaysians and your legacy will live on...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:42:52 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline contender

Well said.

YB Karpal Singh is one of the greatest politician and lawyer Malaysia ever had, truly iconic ..... hope that his sons could continue his legacy.

KS is like our beloved and favourite Rolex Submariner .... his legacy will be remembered

Offline sshark

I salute men and women who do or did what's right relentlessly and persistently with the interest of the his or her  countrymen in mind. And YB Karpal Singh is one of those men and women.

Offline watzisname

A hero and legend whose time came too soon and too sudden..

Offline tonykpk

RIP Sir, we love you always.

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
  • "Don't Play The Fool" - The Late Sir Karpal Singh
Rest in Peace Tiger!!!

I guess God needed a kick ass lawyer, which is why you were called to go home.

Your spirit lives on, LEGEND.

REST IN PEACE SIR KARPAL SINGH.

Dedicating this song to our Legendary Hero "My Way - Frank Sinatra".
Each and every word in the lyrics sings about you Sir.

>:(

Offline Alvin-8880

Shocking news to me on Thursday morning, and a big loss to the nation.

YB is the symbol of justice & he loves his country.

Compared to many other clowns in the Parliament, YB stood out as the few who talked sense.

Salute you... Sir !

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
Paying THE LEGEND his last respects.
Bidding THE HERO his last goodbye.

Goodbye ... Sir.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Ian,

R u based in Penang?

A lovely gestureā€¦ :)
Wish I could have been in Penang yesterday and today to pay my last respects.. :( :-[
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
Ian,

R u based in Penang?

A lovely gestureā€¦ :)
Wish I could have been in Penang yesterday and today to pay my last respects.. :( :-[

Good day Joseph,

I'm a Penangite.  :)

When I was a kid, my late grand dad has been telling me great stories about the now late Sir Karpal Singh.
Then when I'm old enough to understand these things, my dad would also tell me great stories about The Tiger of Jelutong. My dad also happened to be a frequent volunteer helper whenever the late Sir KS had any campaigns or when election was around the corner.

And now that I'm all grown up and have a family of my own...my utmost salute still goes to him.

I'm not a guy whom easily shed tears. Been married to my wife for almost 3 years now, never has she seen me shed tears till when I learnt about the departure of KS. That's the 1st time she saw the teary side of me.   :-\   It's a awfully great loss to us all and the nation.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: A very solemn day for me on the passing of the icon, YB Karpal Singh
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i do not respect most politician

but for Kapal Singh, he deserved to earn my full respect

dedicated his whole life to legal system and politic.... for the better future of Msia

joining a party that with no $$$ in return.... stay there till the moment he go heaven !!!

what else can i say  :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(