Author Topic: to buy smartphone, how to choose ?  (Read 10021 times)

Offline ainamafan

to buy smartphone, how to choose ?
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »
it is very confusing when u need to pick smartphone, there are so many brands and model. normally, which brand do u go for ? will u buy that smartphone if they hv promo ?

Offline dpkong

Re: to buy smartphone, how to choose ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 03:17:38 PM »
With electronics, buy the cheapest one that fits your needs. A few drops later and they're dysfunctional..

Offline gapnap

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »
This is the reason why iphone exist.

Just by the latest iphone , don't need to think so much.
Use your "best phone to get" research time in your work/business better.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:26:01 PM »

Quite reliable generally, but overpriced. How does one justify paying enough money to buy a laptop for an phone? Something is not right here.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
I bought my wife and I a Sony xPeria Z1, simply because it's waterproof. This is because we have a very very very inquisitive 2 year old boy. And true enough...one week after we bought the phones, our little one spilled water all over the phone...

DC

Offline enkil

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
The Samsung S5 is coming  ;D

Offline gapnap

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 12:25:12 AM »

Quite reliable generally, but overpriced. How does one justify paying enough money to buy a laptop for an phone? Something is not right here.

Not really , it cost less than RM1000 a year.

I've been getting iphones since day 1.
Everytime a new one comes out , my iphone has a good resale value . I would sell it used and top up +-RM1000 for the latest one.

Example : Iphone 5s today cost RM2300? I sold my iphone 5 for RM1600. All you need to do is bite the first bullet.
Samsung Galaxy S3 RM1k also cannot get.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:26:51 AM by gapnap »

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »
depends on your preference really. I really like iPhone but i am still using android now because i am used to the system and it is actually not bad even if compare to iPhone, some of the functions not found in iP is actually quite handy like NFC  ;)
For me when i choose a phone the first thing is the screen size, for guys like me who wear jeans often will find it hard to squeeze a 6 inch phone into the pocket, so i go for the Sony 4.6'' ZR.
And also my ZR has 2GB ram, 13MP main camera, quad core processor, water resist like Z1, price 1k less than iP5S. So far no complain from me i am a happy android user  :angel:
But if you are going for android phone take a look at Nexus 5, that was my favorite android phone but sadly when i bought my ZR nexus 5 wasn't on sale yet  :Blue:

Offline kooimin87

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 03:46:20 AM »
it is very confusing when u need to pick smartphone, there are so many brands and model. normally, which brand do u go for ? will u buy that smartphone if they hv promo ?

haha! i will definitely recommend you samsung note 3~ this phone is so so amazing, i was in ur confusing stage, but after surveys, i choose note 3 cause of the S-pen!! i so lazy to type, can just use s-pen to draw/write on the screen. not sure if u know celcom also got promo recently with its note 3 rose gold edition? super super nice color... u can find out more here if u like:

https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/promotion/note3rosegoldedition?pid=1360826467841

Offline tuliperfancy

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »
Why buy such expensive smart phone? just get basic phone will do lo..anyway don you think Note 3 is huge?? is like carry a brick out!

Offline Jiha94

• Jiha
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
Just get the iphone if u want something easy and quick to use. I was an iphone yser from the 3gs generation and recently switched to the note 3 (all because the rose gold colour lols)

Honestly, I kinda miss how the iphone would fit invisibly in my pocket. The note3 couldnt even fit in my skinny jeans. And some of the apps available on the iphone are not available on android.

Build quality wise, the iphone is the winner. Dropped it from chest level height a multiple of times and even spilled a glass of iced chocolate all over the phone, not a even a single dent or faulty on the iphone.  :thumbsup:

Offline chickypoke

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
just use phone to text and call.. not much using it for games and email.. anyway, sometimes i dont understans why do ppl following trend so much..

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »
I too mainly use the phone for text and calls, but now email is very important as well but not important enough to pay for BB service.

Offline thomasim87

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »
i actually went through your this stage too! and i am going with Celcom now, their Note 3 Gold Rose Limited Edition come with package is really affordable! gotta buy them within this few days.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »
when i'm bored or away from home, i got a decent multimedia powerhouse that can play mp3s and movies on its 5" full HD screen.
when i'm lazy to turn on my PC, i can transfer photos to my phone and edit them using snapseed.
when i'm outside and i want to access my PC, i can do so remotely via my phone and its internet connectivity, and to monitor servers etc.

oh yea, it makes calls too when i feel like it :P

Offline wealthbowl

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
I am wondering, on average, how long do your phone last? 1 year/ 2 years?

My 1 year 10 months s2 is giving me head ache (lag etc), and has been shutting off by itself lately.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »

My 1 year 10 months s2 is giving me head ache (lag etc), and has been shutting off by itself lately.

my s2 more than 2yrs still going strong...i still got a couple older phones that are still working...one of it from 2001 :P

Offline Dc

• Merchants
    • Watch And Ward Gallery
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »
Personally, I owned Ipod , Iphone, Ipad and Mac. I have no choice but to stick back to newer version of Apple Phone. Coz my other I families member need it very much....  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline wealthbowl

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »
Wow.. I guess its time for me to do a factory reset setting. I'm hoping mine can last for one more good year.

my s2 more than 2yrs still going strong...i still got a couple older phones that are still working...one of it from 2001 :P

Offline dpkong

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 08:36:14 PM »
While I find the iphone overpriced, it really is quite reliable. Still using an iphone 4 bought when it was newly released but I do wish I never upgraded the iOS as it does get slower with every update.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Wow.. I guess its time for me to do a factory reset setting. I'm hoping mine can last for one more good year.

i never did any factory reset on my s2, but it is at its max life at 4.0.3...no more official OTA updates here.
anyway now i moved on to sony... :P

Offline Dc

• Merchants
    • Watch And Ward Gallery
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »
While I find the iphone overpriced, it really is quite reliable. Still using an iphone 4 bought when it was newly released but I do wish I never upgraded the iOS as it does get slower with every update.

I would say the over priced of apple comes with best quality of phone so far... Been using samsung previously, but due to lack of software update, and new model came out quite frequent, the model easily out of date. The interface not as smooth as apple.