Author Topic: Calling all fans of Japanese watches - Seiko, Citizen, Casio, what else???  (Read 242643 times)

Offline Yoda

Re: Calling all fans of Japanese watches - Seiko, Citizen, Casio, what else???
« Reply #300 on: October 09, 2014, 06:48:37 PM »
Dankhar,

Get both!

How i wish Meor! Bini dah bising kat belakang tu! LOL

What I did I get her one then I get one

;D
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »
Group Shot of Japanese watches  ;D

Seiko fan.....

Offline FauziZixxer6

« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »
My first Citizen...Nighthawk

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
Bam!

Nice watch and strap combo! The strap came with the watch?

Its cousin says Sawadee krup!

"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline wingzee

« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
2 brand new acquisitions. Both on lovely Zulu straps.

Offline Yoda

« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »
2 brand new acquisitions. Both on lovely Zulu straps.

The Orient is nice
 :thumbsup:

Yoda

Offline FauziZixxer6

« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2014, 10:10:28 PM »

Nighthawk combine with new 22mm MiLTAT Black Washed Canvas PVD Roller Deployant Buckle
by Strapcode that arrived today...Love it PVD Roller Deployant buckle style...

Offline My G$D

« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
Bam!

I would like to know how much did it cost??

Offline My G$D

« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »

Bam!

Can i know which model?? I would like to go through more

Tq

Offline Geneve

« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2014, 09:51:25 PM »

Bam!

Can i know which model?? I would like to go through more

Tq
Google search Orient bambino, but the straps will be different though because he changed it.
Very great looking with the new straps. :thumbsup:

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #310 on: October 24, 2014, 01:39:06 PM »
Thanks guys, and sorry for the delayed response :)

Yes, that's an Orient Bambino (although there are several variants, I believe?). Was previously considering one with Roman numerals, but eventually went for this one with markers. I paid RM500 for mine, from a watch shop (believe it is one of the main Orient distributors in Malaysia) in 1 Utama, LG bridge area. I tried to search for it in a few other places (MidValley, Pyramid) but no other stores carried the model.

As for the strap, it is a worn&wound Crimson Model 2. It looks good on the Bambino, but I'm now sourcing for a thicker, black strap -- which I think suits the overall looks of the Bambino better. Here's a wrist shot from a little while back:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:41:50 PM by r3kahsttub »

Offline Bill

• Freshie
« Reply #311 on: October 24, 2014, 02:08:34 PM »
Thanks guys, and sorry for the delayed response :)

Yes, that's an Orient Bambino (although there are several variants, I believe?). Was previously considering one with Roman numerals, but eventually went for this one with markers. I paid RM500 for mine, from a watch shop (believe it is one of the main Orient distributors in Malaysia) in 1 Utama, LG bridge area. I tried to search for it in a few other places (MidValley, Pyramid) but no other stores carried the model.

As for the strap, it is a worn&wound Crimson Model 2. It looks good on the Bambino, but I'm now sourcing for a thicker, black strap -- which I think suits the overall looks of the Bambino better. Here's a wrist shot from a little while back:

very stunning Bambino, i'm seriously considering a black dial version. mind to tell what is ur wrist size??

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #312 on: October 24, 2014, 03:21:04 PM »
I have a 6.9" wrist, so the 40.5mm Bambino sits quite nicely (imo anyway!) on me :)

Offline Bill

• Freshie
« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »
I have a 6.9" wrist, so the 40.5mm Bambino sits quite nicely (imo anyway!) on me :)
ii only have 6" wrist.... 40.50mm might be too big for me then.... :Confused:

Offline mike

« Reply #314 on: October 25, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »
I have recently discovered a rather very interesting independent watch maker from Tokyo, Japan.
The watch maker, Hajime Asaoka is a self-taught watch maker, which impressed me by the watches and mechanisms made by him. Other than making watches, Mr. Hajime Asaoka is also a craftman, making works of arts, including furnitures.

Entirely unassisted and using his own machines, Hajime Asaoka has made two tourbillons and a chronometer. This former product designer and self-taught watchmaker now has his sights set on joining the Académie Horlogère des Créateurs Indépendants, better known as AHCI.

His first watch, the Hajime Asaoka Tourbillon 1

This high end watch took him 8 months to make, and to production. Yes, this beautiful and simple tourbillon movement was hand made by him with no assistants. The last piece was sold around $80k USD.

His second watch, the Tsunami 16, which I find it really interesting as it is using a 16mm balancing wheel made from titanium!

As you can see, the titanium balancing wheel is almost half as big as the 37mm watch. Another thing, the octopus wheel is very similar to the Patek Ref. 5016.

Mr. Hajime Asaoka himself with the Tsunami 16.

For his most recent creation, he worked with companies, Yuki and OSG that produces precision machining equipments and precision cutting tools.
The Project T tourbillon watch that is shown in Basel 2014.

This watch is a unique, precise watch, with simple designs and mechs.

Movement train of the Asaoka tourbillon. Note additional wheels labelled 4 and 5. In a classical Breguet styled tourbillon, the 3rd wheel drives the tourbillon carriage’s pinion, and the fifth wheel (escape wheel) engages the fixed 4th wheel.
In this tourbillon, the tourbillon carriage is driven as a wheel, with more teeth than a pinion. To provide the correct drive speed, two additional wheels are added, these are labelled 4 and 5. Note the 5th wheel now engages the tourbillon carriage wheel. The escape wheel is now re-desginated as the 7th wheel, and engages the stationary 6th wheel. Note also that the fifth wheel which is used to drive the tourbillon carriage runs on two ball bearings, of which one is visible on the dial side as the anchor for the right tourbillon bridge.
This watch retails at around $80k USD, too.

Conclusion, this man is the future of Japan watches, with his creations surpassing most Swiss watches.
What do you all think? :Cheers:

Offline dankhar

« Reply #315 on: October 28, 2014, 10:08:30 AM »
^ excellent craftmanship.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sometimes the best thing to do is ... absolutely nothing!

Offline FauziZixxer6

« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »
Nice watch... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline davechat

« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »
Hi guys,
Bumped into this Seiko while I was looking for a Speedy... The whole of my attention diverted! And since the damage is quite negligible, I have jumped the gun and purchased the watch on the very next day after doing some research online, let me present to you Seiko SNZH57, not much I have seen on MWF.

Originally it comes with a 41mm case, 22mm stainless steel bracelet, I don't think it's tapered in shape, looks quite thick on my tiny wrist, and it's a hollow (maybe solid) bracelet and make quite some noise when you shake it, did not feel good, in the end I have replaced it with a lizard pattern leather strap, tapered from 22mm to 18mm at the buckle, it looks to be black in color in the shop and under room lighting, but when I walked out of the shop and went under bright sun light, it appears to be blackish brown! Anyhow, it still looks better and feels better than the original bracelet on my wrist.

It has a dome mineral Hardlex crystal on the front and also a see through back, the the most unique part is the bezel, it's also covered by the same material, unidirectional and align well with 12 o'clock position. The hands and markers are gold tone lined, give it a very vintage note! I am not a great horology historian, but I can see a lot of owner converted them to Blainpain FF (Fifty Fathom), well that's not my intention. The lume on the hands and marker is remarkably bright, typical Seiko standard. I can't tell you sifus much about the typical day date Seiko 5 movement, accuracy wise I would not put much expectation as well.

Below is a good website if you guys wish to know more, however, there are some discrepancies noted, the Seiko I got was made in Japan but the one in the review was made in Malaysia, and the bracelets finding is different from mine as well.
http://bladebarrelbezel.com/2013/01/05/seiko-5-sports-snzh57-review/

Attached some photos here for sharing, taken with my Samsung mobile with minimum edit, way below the best quality, enjoy! ;-)

may i know where you bought this watch?how much you bought? thanks. nice watch

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #318 on: November 01, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »
is seiko still making those square seiko monacos?

i saw one in this forum and i am crazy over it

Offline dankhar

« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »
is seiko still making those square seiko monacos?

i saw one in this forum and i am crazy over it

I don't think they produce those square monacos anymore.
Best bet is buying a pre-loved ones.
I'm sure with little patience you'll land a good piece.  :thumbsup:
Sometimes the best thing to do is ... absolutely nothing!

Offline Clicko

« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »
Guys, need some advice. I'm looking for seiko 5 model for daily beater. Is it cheaper to get online eg. from few Sg sites or can get cheaper at shop. Don't have much time to shop around. Thanks.

I have compared, online mostly cheaper than local shops.

Offline mike

« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
Guys, need some advice. I'm looking for seiko 5 model for daily beater. Is it cheaper to get online eg. from few Sg sites or can get cheaper at shop. Don't have much time to shop around. Thanks.

Wrong. Online will definitely be more expensive than in shops. (Depending what shop actually)

Offline Yoda

« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2014, 04:45:10 AM »

Wrong. Online will definitely be more expensive than in shops. (Depending what shop actually)

I have bought one watch from a local AD which is cheaper than the ones offered by 2 website because this watch is a new model.

Going on the logic of no rental no staff cost and no other overhead the website should be able to offer lower price. But again this website may have to buy at a higher price from the factory as they are not the AD.

The rest of my experience for not so new models I got it cheaper from website which perhaps the logic as explain above is correct.

So I beg to differ your opinion.
 :)

Yoda

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #323 on: November 11, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »
Yeah, it all depends on the situation actually. Most of my watches so far are bought at shops. I got them all when they are offering huge discounts ;D. if going by RRP, online shops are mostly cheaper, but u have to factor in the shipping costs. However, if there are huge discounts at the shops, then itll be cheaper than online.

At the end of the day, you just have to spend abit of time and research first for the best bargain.  :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline Nutralife

• Freshie
« Reply #324 on: November 11, 2014, 05:36:06 PM »
A very old beaten seiko.