Author Topic: New Kermit  (Read 8822 times)

Offline FourRings

Re: New Kermit
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 05:38:54 PM »
Saw one seller. Selling the new kermit same price as a panda. ????

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 06:08:20 PM »
Keyword here is selling. Anyone can ask for whatever price they want. If it sold at RM113k, then the situation is just mad.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dlmarr

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 12:39:54 PM »
Crazy prices.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 12:48:05 PM »
but that's the thing isn't it, the price is crazy and yet there are still plenty of ppl willing to pay those crazy prices   ???

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2021, 01:03:55 PM »
These are only SS watches, no point to play their games and feed them...

But I think 21 will be even harder to get a sport model..

Offline mswong

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2021, 08:02:30 PM »
received a call in December that the green submariner has been allocated to me and was also informed that they have closed their waiting list. nice watch but imho not worth to pay the current high premium.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

Offline dpkong

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2021, 09:56:31 AM »
received a call in December that the green submariner has been allocated to me and was also informed that they have closed their waiting list. nice watch but imho not worth to pay the current high premium.

Buyers should really stop feeding the premiums market which only benefits some runners. The grey dealer makes some but the real sharks are those who corner the AD or working with someone in there.

To be honest, rather than paying say RM80k for a green Submariner, go tell the AD you will also spend RM80k there for a bundle with a green Submariner and some other watches like JLC, Cartier etc. I'm sure the AD will be more than happy to talk about a time frame.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2021, 10:06:46 AM »

Buyers should really stop feeding the premiums market which only benefits some runners. The grey dealer makes some but the real sharks are those who corner the AD or working with someone in there.

To be honest, rather than paying say RM80k for a green Submariner, go tell the AD you will also spend RM80k there for a bundle with a green Submariner and some other watches like JLC, Cartier etc. I'm sure the AD will be more than happy to talk about a time frame.

I hear u bro, that's definitely the way to go. But it can be stiffling also la - some AD just wont give us the time of day at all la unfortunately. And with folks willing and able to throw money at grey market, it keeps the loop going.

I guess the best we can do is build our rapport with the establishment and hold fast to the idea of not paying above retail.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »
It won’t work anymore unless u are VVIP, one need to spend rm130-150k for the boutique to promise (no timeframe) to get u a sub..

This are the norms now, pretty terrible for new sport model buyers...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »
It won%u2019t work anymore unless u are VVIP, one need to spend rm130-150k for the boutique to promise (no timeframe) to get u a sub..

This are the norms now, pretty terrible for new sport model buyers...

If you have no previous purchase with the AD and your target is only the steel Submariner then yes, you will get put in the same bucket as every other Tom, Dick and Harry

But if you're open to other models then your chances increase considerably. Of course you just need to find the right AD who hasn't already got his stock lined up with the runner.

Any buyer who buys a sport ROLEX model is a potential flipper. Where else do you think all the grey dealers get their stocks from if not flippers/runners?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:18:29 PM by dpkong »

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2021, 09:53:14 AM »
Honestly, that’s true. When u hv plp that offers more money to AD and it makes the plp (or vip) in lists push even further..

Offline mswong

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2021, 10:06:55 AM »
Not sure how it works on the retail front. 2019 I got the hulk after inquiring about other models and was told that they can put me on waitlist for hulk and not others. received it in less than four months. the hulk is with my brother currently. am not a vvip who spends a ton of money but purchase history over the years counts. hope this helps.

Offline dspayre616

• dspayrelovewatch
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »
Not sure how it works on the retail front. 2019 I got the hulk after inquiring about other models and was told that they can put me on waitlist for hulk and not others. received it in less than four months. the hulk is with my brother currently. am not a vvip who spends a ton of money but purchase history over the years counts. hope this helps.

Happen in Malaysia or overseas? I have heard of many lucky people that managed to get sport model but most of the time, the AD that made it happen was outside of Malaysia...

Offline mswong

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2021, 05:02:08 PM »
all my watches are from overseas except for a couple of them.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2021, 08:50:57 PM »
all my watches are from overseas except for a couple of them.

Can share which country??  ;D ;D

Maybe more of the Malaysia ADs are unscrupulous to sell more to grey dealer and ignore the retail customer?

But there are the few AD that do sell to individuals. Maybe they just have to be more selective because you never know whether that customer is a grey market contact anyway. Obviously those who know one won't be too eager to share because the AD usually get less than what they really would like to sell.

Offline mswong

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2021, 09:50:14 PM »
UAE

Offline WestFly

• Freshie
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
Retail RM34k+...Selling at RM113k+ :HammerHead:....ridiculous...!

Currently drop to 80k . 2.35times compare to retail price. Wallet still very pain