Author Topic: Any Zenith Lovers?  (Read 16371 times)

Offline uncle_ray

Re: Any Zenith Lovers?
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »
Had no idea who this Gay Freres was and their significance to the swiss watch industry la, had to read up a bit. Interesting, they made stuff for everybody at one point.

I reckon ur right in that they wanted to maintain the period accuracy of the watch by making the clasp the way it is. So long as it firmly holds in place ok la. Having said that, now comes the next fun part - hunting new straps  :D I'm assuming the lug width is 18mm?
Yea loh the bracelet is somewhat historically correct but if they improved the bracelet links, they could have improved the clasp also lah.

Lug width is 19mm. More difficult size but still reasonably easy to find.

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2021, 09:07:25 AM »
Fair point there. Still, its an awesome piece man, definitely a more unique option than the chronomaster sport that everybody and his grandmother who wants a Daytona but couldn't is gonna clamor for  :Laughing_on_floor:

Wear it in good health bro, looking forward to more snaps  :thumbsup:

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2021, 04:32:00 PM »
Dropped by the AD to destress and cuci mata. Its got a different look and vibe vs SS, just a wee bit too small though. Dah la kulit gelap, jam pun gelap, jangan masa depan gelap sudah la  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2021, 06:43:41 PM »
Ooo looks good thou. Very contemporary. It felt small to me at first too (I wore a 44mm PAM while collecting the A384) but it took only 1 hour of wearing to get used to it ;)

PS: the bracelet actually makes it feel more like a 39/40mm watch since the endlinks gives the overall look more heft.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2021, 04:48:17 AM »
Chono sport now no stock at the entire KL AD.. they r riding on the Daytona fame.. or possible doing a ‘Rolex’ stunt ..

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2021, 12:12:19 PM »
Ooo looks good thou. Very contemporary. It felt small to me at first too (I wore a 44mm PAM while collecting the A384) but it took only 1 hour of wearing to get used to it ;)

PS: the bracelet actually makes it feel more like a 39/40mm watch since the endlinks gives the overall look more heft.

Wah, quite a jump from a PAM to a A384. That's a 7mm change.

Actually I kinda like the idea of having a bracelet option la really, it adds more flavor, versatility. Also, from feedback that I get, this micro blasted surface can pick up scratches and can't be polished or remedied, meaning we go in full well expecting it to get scuffed and weathered over time. Having mixed feelings about that la, even though I love the color scheme and looks.

Out of curiosity, do u reckon the 19mm lug width of the watch would be able to accomodate 20mm sized straps?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:29:11 PM by pleasuresaurus »

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
Chono sport now no stock at the entire KL AD.. they r riding on the Daytona fame.. or possible doing a ‘Rolex’ stunt ..

Was talking about this also yesterday with the SA, seems stock would begin to arrive for some of the early birds around next month but no guaranteed deliveries. I was told to anticipate a 6 mth wait. Price wise I think its possible to negotiate 25% or maybe even better if got good relationship with the shop, but that's still 30k+ though. Heading up into Snoopy territory.

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2021, 01:12:14 PM »

Wah, quite a jump from a PAM to a A384. That's a 7mm change.

Actually I kinda like the idea of having a bracelet option la really, it adds more flavor, versatility. Also, from feedback that I get, this micro blasted surface can pick up scratches and can't be polished or remedied, meaning we go in full well expecting it to get scuffed and weathered over time. Having mixed feelings about that la, even though I love the color scheme and looks.

Out of curiosity, do u reckon the 19mm lug width of the watch would be able to accomodate 20mm sized straps?
The bracelet clasp feels cheap but you forget about it very quickly. On the bright side, the scuffs on the clasp don't even bother me one bit and the bracelet has to be the most cooling one in the market hahahah.

Yes, very possible to squish 20mm leather or NATO straps into 19mm lugs and looks ok but the harder rubber ones will be tough. I actually once filed a cheap leather strap slightly at the lug end to fit a smaller one and it looks rather good. Not perfect but not really noticeable.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2021, 02:48:02 PM »
Benefits of a ladder bracelet la eh? I tried to experiment and squeeze a 21mm strap on my 20mm watch, they sit really snug between the lugs and are somewhat stiff, but still ok la, usable. Interestingly enough the Chronomaster Sport sports a 20mm lug width, which is just nice.

Offline Alvenlee

• Freshie
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2021, 02:52:58 PM »
Really like the Chronomaster sport. Awesome movement and incredible looks. Now at waiting list too.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2021, 08:15:43 PM »
Really like the Chronomaster sport. Awesome movement and incredible looks. Now at waiting list too.

I like everything about it except the grey running seconds sub-dial is too light and feels like a deal breaker to me.

Offline zoltan

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2021, 03:01:56 PM »
Plan to get Zenith Defy classic. Any owner here? Is it a good watch and easy to maintain?

Offline W3ll

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2021, 03:17:01 PM »

Any idea how long to wait for this watch? It seems like can't even see it on the shelf so far in ADs

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2021, 09:22:05 AM »
Haven't seen the new Sport in ADs as well. I imagine many of them have been booked due to the hype and there aren't many pieces coming in. All probably already accounted for before it lands here.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2021, 11:31:11 AM »
Last I heard in March, it was a wait of around 3-6 months or so. But there weren't so many on the list at my regular AD la then time.

Offline Alvenlee

• Freshie
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2021, 09:44:04 AM »

Any idea how long to wait for this watch? It seems like can't even see it on the shelf so far in ADs
Try contact sincere watch. They got ready stock, priority for those in waiting list. White Dial is harder to get compare black dial

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline W3ll

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »

Try contact sincere watch. They got ready stock, priority for those in waiting list. White Dial is harder to get compare black dial

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

if there is a waitlist i doubt there is ready stock right? unless ADs are now playing the "keep stock" game to make it looks like the watch is in huge demand..

Offline XuinTan

• Freshie
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2021, 09:16:49 PM »
Last time I check the chronomaster in Pavilion store, they say have to wait for 6 months
I was going to check the EP classic actually, no stock as well

Offline W3ll

« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2021, 07:28:30 AM »
Last time I check the chronomaster in Pavilion store, they say have to wait for 6 months
I was going to check the EP classic actually, no stock as well

Been told around the same wait time for the chronomaster sport as well, and funny part is they don't even want to entertain the question on discount like they not interested to even sell the watch to you.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
Dropped by the AD to destress and cuci mata. Its got a different look and vibe vs SS, just a wee bit too small though. Dah la kulit gelap, jam pun gelap, jangan masa depan gelap sudah la  :Laughing_on_floor:

the A384 should have been made like this without a date window

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2021, 08:30:20 PM »

the A384 should have been made like this without a date window
Wow, I didn't catch that detail at all! I guess they wanted to replicate the original A384 model exactly. But I don't mind the date window at all. It's a quirky step window and interesting date font!

Offline dexson

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2021, 06:06:36 AM »
Plan to get Zenith Defy classic. Any owner here? Is it a good watch and easy to maintain?

Got a Defy Classic Skeleton for my wedding little over a year ago. I got the FKM rubber strap instead of the bracelet. So hairline scratches only around the buckle area.. watch wise still perfect. I wear it like 2 days a week and I consider myself a careful owner.

Good luck with it ! You will surely enjoy it.

Cheers,

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2021, 09:41:38 PM »
Greetings hivemind, what do we think about these new A386 offerings? Read somewhere they can also be had with the ladder bracelet.

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2021, 08:37:36 AM »
Love them I think these to me are more desirable than the ceramic Chronomaster Sport model. And with the same rapid 1/10th movement no less!

I quite like these modern bracelets lah. Since it's not a reissue, but more like a 38mm modern version that somewhat looks like the A386 so the bracelet works for me. Can't wait to see them in person.

Zenith is on a roll recently - good for them!

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2021, 02:50:36 PM »
They're really on a roll, no doubt. From so-so releases to suddenly having a watch queued up with a 6 month waitlist, they doing pretty damn good for a small outfit.

I'm really digging the panda dial la tbh, its a nice change from the usual tri color theme n has a vintage vibe to it.

There's also this pretty piece slated to come out as a LE for the Pink Dial Project in Oct. Tapi mampus la nak buleh dpt  :Laughing_on_floor: