Author Topic: End of long journey : Beginning of a new story  (Read 14563 times)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: End of long journey : Beginning of a new story
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »
Yeah... cool dude...
I got it in a company dinner lucky draw last year early Dec... until today, only worn like 3 times... did not list it coz I thought ppl here are into high end high fashion watches... Casio? Better keep it to myself... or so i thought... until I read ur thread.
During the dinner, I saw alot of paperbags (with the shop name of a well known watch dealer in KK that carry Mido, Tissot and Casio) stickied wif numbers and I was like, damn... it'll be nice if i got one Mido Chronometer...  :thumbsup:
Then when lucky draw time, I got one, number 38... that's the number I'm holding... rejoice rejoice...
Took the bag home... took a peek while driving and saw a g-shock tin... I was thinking, woah... my company's quite cheap eh... the only g-shocks i know costs 399 before discount...
Then when I reached home, open up the tin, I was like...  :D Now that's a nice watch...
Playing around with it and feels like I'm in the future...   :laugh:
Went to the shop the next day and found out it costs rm1299 before discount.
Also found out frm the annual dinner's organizers that my watch was the most expensive one up for lucky draw that nite... and to think I was complaining earlier...
Other's were Kenneth Coles, Fossils and Casio Edifice... what luck...
Will post up some wrist shots soon... cool watch... different frm what I have and use to have... :Dancing_banana:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »
I Nearly got myself that blue aviator G shock... But give it a pass later on... Abit too big & the features are not as good as the riseman  :'(

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »
Other's were Kenneth Coles, Fossils and Casio Edifice... what luck...

definitely lucky.....and in the event of you running out of cash...i am sure you can sell it at good price....seriously....

anyhow cheers to us, the proud G-Shock Aviator owner.....well at least I am very proud of it....

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
Great story which reminded my of the first watch I ever owned about 13 odd years ago when I was in primary two (also a Casio). Needless to say after 13 years of long faithful service it gave up on me after I went for a swim wearing the watch. I still have the watch though.  :thumbsup:

Offline shifter

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 05:46:04 AM »
Nazri,

Wow i did not see this thread until now! Im glad to hear that you like the watch so much especially when it took some time to hand the watch over to you. It would not have been possible if you did not post up a WTB and then from Danny's help in pointing me towards the request. So I guess it all goes hand in hand. Wear it in good health sir!

Nick
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 08:26:21 AM by shifter »

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »
Nick

I owe you a lot. To me the watch is just a simple average G, nothing much.

But it mean a lot to me personally for what it had gone through....from the first time i have it,to the second time thanks with your help.It is a bliss to have it. I hardly put it on my wrist  (was on it on the weekend) but it just feel nice to have it with me....

thanks bro

Offline shifter

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
Nick

I owe you a lot. To me the watch is just a simple average G, nothing much.

But it mean a lot to me personally for what it had gone through....from the first time i have it,to the second time thanks with your help.It is a bliss to have it. I hardly put it on my wrist  (was on it on the weekend) but it just feel nice to have it with me....

thanks bro

You dont owe me anything bro. Not that I gave it to you for free. If I were in your shoes, I would have hoped someone will do the same to help if possible. An more new Gs for you? Im adjusting some of my collection now cos I cant wear them all!

Offline lcncloud9

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:14 AM »
Great story and nice collection, thanks for sharing bro!!!