Author Topic: New PAM for Chinese market  (Read 7579 times)

Offline takashi78

New PAM for Chinese market
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:51:17 AM »
Dont think i like it much....but maybe wont have a chance to see it in real life as well. :P

OFFICINE PANERAI PRESENTS THE LUMINOR MARINA
A SPECIAL EDITION DEDICATED TO CHINA

Officine Panerai has created a new special edition timepiece for Chinese watch enthusiasts a Luminor Marina dedicated to China (PAM00366). This special edition comes with a 44mm Luminor Marina case made out of a single block of polished stainless steel, a black oxhide straps and a OP II calibre, a hand-wound mechanical movement developed by Panerai and certified by C.O.S.C.. The character Fu is at 6 oclock which interestingly replaced the original numeral on the typical Panerai dial.

The year 2010 marks the fifth year since Officine Panerai first entered into the market of China. It is also an important year in which Officine Panerai expedites development of new markets. More than paying close attention to the vigorous growth of the Chinese market, Officine Panerai is also increasingly attracted to the charming Chinese culture and through launching this watch, Officine Panerai shows its respects and understanding towards traditional Chinese culture and pays homage to its Chinese clientele. The same has also made this watch unique in its meaning and value.

The concept of the time-honored Chinese character Fu (good fortune or happiness) is explained in ancient Chinese writings in five aspects: longevity, prosperity, health, virtue and a well-ended life. People in China have been posting decorations of Fu (usually written on red paper) on their door fronts since the time of Southern Sung Dynasty. To others, the character speaks of ones best wishes; to oneself, it is an expression of the pursuit of happiness. Numerous set phrases with positive meanings consist of which and they signify the Chinese peoples aspiration after good lives. As time goes by, the meaning of Fu is further extended and expanded; yet, the posting tradition persists as the term never ceases to implicate being blessed and protected and having good fortune. Officine Panerai has therefore infused the character into the dial to create a perfect fusion of Chinese tradition elements and Italian classic design. It is also the wish of the brand that every wearer will receive this valuable blessing and be grateful.

The watch will first be launched in mid-August at Officine Panerai boutiques in Shanghai and Beijing as well as selected network of authorized China dealers. The same will be available afterwards in Officine Panerai boutiques in Greater China.

Officine Panerai
Officine Panerai was founded in Florence in 1860 as a watch-making establishment, shop and school; for years it supplied the Italian Navy with precision timepieces, particularly to cover the needs of the special underwater diving corps. The projects it worked on at the time, including the Luminor and Radiomir watches, were covered by the military secrets act for years and Panerai watches were launched on the international market after the Richemont group purchased the brand in 1997.

Today, Officine Panerai is the only Italian haute horlogerie manufacturer. It develops and manufactures its watches and movements in Neuchâtel, combining Italian design and history with Swiss watch-making know-how. Panerai watches are sold all over the world through an exclusive network of distributors in addition to its boutiques in Florence, Portofino, Geneva, Madrid, Los Angeles, New York, Buenos Aires

Panerai 366
Movement: Hand-wound mechanical, exclusive Panerai OP II Calibre. 161/2 lignes, 17 jewels. Monometallic Glucydur® balance, 21,600 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 56 hours. Bridges and oscillating weight personalised PANERAI. Chronometer certificate (C.O.S.C.).

Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds.

Case: Diameter 44 mm.

Brushed in AISI 316L steel.

Bezel: Polished steel.

Back: Screw, brushed steel.

Device protecting the crown: Brushed Steel. Protected as a Trade Mark.

Dial: Black, with hour markers and Arabic numerals at 3 and 12 o'clock, marked with vintage luminous. Small seconds dial at 9 o'clock. Chinese sign for "Good Fortune" ( ? ) at 6 o'clock.

Crystal : Sapphire, made from corundum, 1.6 mm thick, anti-reflective coating.

Water-resistance: 30 Bar (about 300 metres).

Strap: PANERAI personalised Black Calf strap with ecru stitching and polished steel buckle.

Reference: PAM00366
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:54:35 AM by takashi78 »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: New PAM for Chinese market
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »
3 words

OH MY GOD !!!!

Offline peanut

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »
I tell you, they might as well put Money (cái) instead of Fu (good fortune or happiness).  Good for Panerai too! ;D

I would rather they put chinese characters on the index from 1 to 12 and a porcelin dial   :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:16:06 AM by peanut »

Offline besview

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »
The chinese will buy..treat as a fung shui watch

Offline steveting

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »
the FU makes the watch cheap!

Offline peanut

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
The chinese will buy..treat as a fung shui watch
I thought they have to do this upside down for it to have good fung shui?    :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
Looks to me PAM is putting alot of vintage color lume on their watches lately.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »
put a "fa" on 8 o'clock better  ;D

Offline genec

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
waaaaaaay too cheesy....not my cup of tea.....  :thumbsdown:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »
Panerai went crazy dy!!!

Don't like the idea like this  :thumbsdown:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
Well you cant deny that China is the largest market for watches now and the new found purchasing power is just ridiculous.

Maybe they just trying their luck.

Offline swleong

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 03:42:45 PM »
at "6" o'clock, the word to put in should be 'lok', which means wealth  :Cheers:

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 05:53:46 PM »
Why not make a malaysia edition since our pm is a panerai fan....

Panerai 1 Malaysia.... lol  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 11:15:15 PM »
richemont is really milking the brand dry...but the fans are eating it up

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 09:10:59 AM »
wicked...awesome...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
hmmmm i am at odds with this. i think would look better if it;s a base model without the marina word

instead of a gaudy "fook" character...just replace the standard numerals with chinese characters for the numbers.

or better yet...just get a engraved caseback like the NY special edition. case closed.

btw...the forgot to place the "fook" upside down ... the watch no "power" already  :Laughing_on_floor:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline takashi78

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 09:54:45 AM »
Live pic of the watch taken from another forum.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 09:59:34 AM »
One more, i still find it tacky.

Offline sshark

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:49 AM »
Yeah, probably they just have 112 modified with a number 8 on the dial

hmmmm i am at odds with this. i think would look better if it;s a base model without the marina word

instead of a gaudy "fook" character...just replace the standard numerals with chinese characters for the numbers.

or better yet...just get a engraved caseback like the NY special edition. case closed.

btw...the forgot to place the "fook" upside down ... the watch no "power" already  :Laughing_on_floor: