Author Topic: Homage info ?? - need advise from all SIFU on homage..  (Read 7553 times)

Offline shijiko_7

Homage info ?? - need advise from all SIFU on homage..
« on: July 17, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »
All the most respected SIFU~ ..

I am planning to get a homage.. but anyone here, bought from Getat AND Jackson Tse before?

Can anyone give a good comparison as in quality and service?

I saw some info on JTse .. some bad experience.. but just wanna get more info..

Thanks!

Offline ckcspice

Re: Homage info ?? - need advise from all SIFU on homage..
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 02:44:54 PM »
if u go for jackson, pls manage ur expectations...my fren just got his in the post 2day...not as bad as mine but of cos not perfect as well...speck of dust in the dial...fingerprint on the underside of sapphire crystal...lug screw is not in ideal condition with worn out treads...if u ask me, no jackson...

getat has better QC, at least from wat i read in the forums everywhere...downside is he takes quite some time 2 make the watches...guess u hav 2 wait 4 better quality stuff....

if u hav higher budget of USD300-400, u can go for dievas, RXW, davidsen etc....

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 11:50:05 PM »
Jackson, Manbushijie are really just offering ready made homage from a supplier. U order from them, they order from supplier and ship to u.

Getat has both. On his website, those that have the word custom are put together by him. Those that don't are ordered from a supplier but he gives you some options like choices of straps, etc.  He also does custom jobs and is quite reasonable. Look thru his parts list and email him to start discussion on what you want. You can choose the case, dial, hands, movement, etc. Only offers asian movement.

Davidsen is about 4x more expensive than Tat but from my experience is by far the best among the 3. From the h forum you can see that even Panerai owners order his customs. Offers Swiss movement.

No experience with RXW yet. Still looking for info on how to get one.

Offline chiewata

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »
well homage is always a gray area in watch forum should we do it so openly here.....

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »
Jackson, Manbushijie are really just offering ready made homage from a supplier. U order from them, they order from supplier and ship to u.

Getat has both. On his website, those that have the word custom are put together by him. Those that don't are ordered from a supplier but he gives you some options like choices of straps, etc.  He also does custom jobs and is quite reasonable. Look thru his parts list and email him to start discussion on what you want. You can choose the case, dial, hands, movement, etc. Only offers asian movement.

Davidsen is about 4x more expensive than Tat but from my experience is by far the best among the 3. From the h forum you can see that even Panerai owners order his customs. Offers Swiss movement.

No experience with RXW yet. Still looking for info on how to get one.

Adrian : i did mail him on some of my requirements.. but the response is like REALLY slow.. Ahaaehaehaeh .. :) anyhow, will update the forum if i do get any...

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
well homage is always a gray area in watch forum should we do it so openly here.....

No, For Homage, we should be given the freedom to discuss openly. Not many ppl can afford the real thing.
Homage is a subsitute to many great brand at a fraction of cost but they are not fakes.

My 2cts
dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline skccks

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:31:37 AM »

No, For Homage, we should be given the freedom to discuss openly. Not many ppl can afford the real thing.
Homage is a subsitute to many great brand at a fraction of cost but they are not fakes.

My 2cts
dc

haha dc i support you....i got 3 homages.......cost me less than 2000.00

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
Rite on DC....

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »
Yo-ho
Thank for the kind words.

As long, it is not fake, I don't think it a problem.

But when the pc is fake and try to pass it on as genuine, then this is a problem. The same thing goes to replicas.

The watch can use what ever name / brand name as its own and not carry names of other popular brand to call its own, then I /we are fine. Am I confusing you?? hahaha

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline skccks

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 06:31:46 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline kltime

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 10:09:04 AM »

I saw some info on JTse .. some bad experience.. but just wanna get more info..

I only bought once from Jackson, but the experience was good and watch duly arrived within 2 weeks. He is also highly regarded in an international forum I visit...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 10:11:53 AM »
There is only thin line between homage n fake!

When the commercial factor in it, 99 %
is fake.

Homage never meant for commercial!

If u like one design due to some history in it, etc. But u can never own it because it is limited maybe. So u building something like that to play with it n keep it... I'll say this is genuinely homage

but when make 10 n sell with profit, that's fake!
Unless u r the design patent holder!

If u all want Mwf not to be sued then becareful in your discussion!  

Offline kltime

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »

But when the pc is fake and try to pass it on as genuine, then this is a problem. The same thing goes to replicas.

The watch can use what ever name / brand name as its own and not carry names of other popular brand to call its own, then I /we are fine.

2 me there is a big difference and line between homage and fakes.

Anyway, watch styles and design even among the popular established brands tend to be similar. Rolex cannot have a "patent" over the diver/submariner design and Omega's seamaster cannot be considered a "homage" to submariner.

Offline ASIAM

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 10:32:48 AM »
sometimes i feel that jackson QC for Asia market is lower than gwailoh market.

i do not see much complain from gwailoh

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »
There is only thin line between homage n fake!

When the commercial factor in it, 99 %
is fake.

Homage never meant for commercial!

If u like one design due to some history in it, etc. But u can never own it because it is limited maybe. So u building something like that to play with it n keep it... I'll say this is genuinely homage

but when make 10 n sell with profit, that's fake!
Unless u r the design patent holder!

If u all want Mwf not to be sued then becareful in your discussion!  

Chris.. Noted and will choose our words wisely.....

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »
agree with what chris said. whether it is a hugely substantial copy or merely a mere representation of the original it would be in infringement of intellectual property law. wouldnt want to be involved on the wrong side of the law.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy