Author Topic: Under rm1k option  (Read 11492 times)

Offline kltime

Re: Under rm1k option
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »
Yes. I like the Ingersoll design. But only let down by the China movement in it.

I think China is actually up and coming in terms of movement manufacturing,although quality and QC wise they are still behind the Swiss/Japanese and even the russians. A lot of the so-called fashion brands pun sudah pakai chinese movements actually...cost factor la..These are not petaling street quality but higher grade/reliable movements.

I have a few with chinese engines(internet brand) and for the price u pay, I m happy enough...

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
Re: Under rm1k option
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 01:37:57 PM »
I think China is actually up and coming in terms of movement manufacturing,although quality and QC wise they are still behind the Swiss/Japanese and even the russians. A lot of the so-called fashion brands pun sudah pakai chinese movements actually...cost factor la..These are not petaling street quality but higher grade/reliable movements.

I have a few with chinese engines(internet brand) and for the price u pay, I m happy enough...

Agreed. There are in progress making a good watch & movement. Maybe take 5-10 years or more to develop a good quality movement. Maybe Japanese & Swiss will have rival to be consider soon. But a few Chinese brand is up to Swiss standard nowadays & they develop a tourbillon also. Outstanding.  :thumbsup:

But for the moment, I'm not fancy other brand using other movement. I mean I like if Ingersoll using Poljot movement or any Russian movement. The German design kinda have a strong influence to me.... but the China movement has made it lost it's soul.... its for me la.  ;)  I also have Chinese watch. Almost 3 years using it.  Thats why I like if they are using their own movement... give more 'feeling' when wearing it. Hehe...   :Cheers:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:40:18 PM by duniajam »