Author Topic: Dievas Homage to MM? Malaysian owners  (Read 15256 times)

Offline chrisc

Dievas Homage to MM? Malaysian owners
« on: May 20, 2010, 04:16:39 PM »
hi!

i have been deciding to get a Dievas vintage cali, well! i think can get it in singapore! i want to know how many ppl in malaysia actually owns a Dievas?

anyway! feedback on the build and reliability is appreciated?

its not cheap, but i cant afford a panerai yet, so i want to get this to start with...if im comfortable with this watch then maybe saving for an actual panerai might not be such a bad idea...if not freak it...im going for a Rolex GMT master 2 or maybe a sea dweller.
Current Possession
---------------
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL
Ball Engineer II Diver - Orange Dial
Benarus World Diver GMT - Black Dial/ Blue GMT hands (Limited Edition)
Luminox 3050 Colormark - Blackout
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline Scott C.

Re: Dievas Homage to MM? Malaysian owners
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:19:20 PM »
saw it on other forum but never really handle one before...

my opinion is, save for the real panerai.. i guess you might just want to try out the style and size? Don't think you can really get a real feeling and compare this with the real pam as the polishing, build and movement finishing is much different.... if it's expensive (like you said "not cheap"), i will not buy it just to try out if i like it or not... i will just get the real stuff.. i mean, you still can try it many time in AD.. if you like it, you will once you try it one ;)

Just my opinion...

scott

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »
ya agreed with Scott, u wnt get a real feeling... i have gone thru this process...i bought a MM before the pam just to try out wherether 44mm ll suit me or not and whn i got my 1st pam the feeling is totally different, the finishing, Luminor Marina wording & etc...if possible save up for the real pam and i blif our kind mods ll let u to molest his pams....am i rite SCOTT??? :Dancing_banana:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 06:17:44 AM »
ya agreed with Scott, u wnt get a real feeling... i have gone thru this process...i bought a MM before the pam just to try out wherether 44mm ll suit me or not and whn i got my 1st pam the feeling is totally different, the finishing, Luminor Marina wording & etc...if possible save up for the real pam and i blif our kind mods ll let u to molest his pams....am i rite SCOTT??? :Dancing_banana:

molest your new Pam better ler... new shiny surface - finger prints sticks better  :Laughing_on_floor:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »
Dievas is very expensive!
If you want to get the 'feel' maye you could opt for cheaper China parts homages i.e. Getat, Reedsco

My Getat

Offline takashi78

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »
Getat is more towards PAM and Pilot homage and i highly recommend if you just wanna see if the look of the watch is really what you want before you spend the big bucks.

To me the Dievas is sorta overpriced for what it is.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »
 :Startled: The price of Dievas has increased. Was looking at it a year ago today and it was much cheaper.
Best to save for a real PAM rather than get a Dievas. At least if you dont like the pam in the end, it is easier to sell and the value would not depreciate that much. Just my opinion  ;D
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »
IMHO. get a homage first. get the feel and its weight.if say 1-2 years down the road, if the feeling is still strong, then get a real one.

But just when after a few months and if you lose interest, there is nothing much to lose. Your loss is just a fraction of the real thing. Try selling your Pam in the used market and you know what I mean.

When getting a homage, get the one using swiss movement, not the china made one. The feeling is more towards getting the real mcoy. I went through the whole process though and before I put on my homage, I was already aiming another make.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 09:26:45 AM »
Nothing wrong with the China made movt if wht you want to do is just test the waters and see if you like it.
At least when you decide that you dont like the look, the China made movt cost 1/4 of the Swiss haha.....

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:07:50 AM »
:Startled: The price of Dievas has increased. Was looking at it a year ago today and it was much cheaper.
Best to save for a real PAM rather than get a Dievas. At least if you dont like the pam in the end, it is easier to sell and the value would not depreciate that much. Just my opinion  ;D

Yeap, that's what i thought so.. and really, the real Pan is way too different compare to homage....

p/s: i do aware they are nice homage out there but the price is just too expensive.. and too close to the real pam and ppl call it replica which at some point ppl "accuse" it's fake... but then again, it's nothing's wrong to get a homage if you just like the design or the look and feel if in short term you don't intend to spend for a real panerai... just my opinion la.. 

Offline chrisc

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »
Wow! i didnt expect so many replies...im happy! lots of sifus to help me out..hahahah!

the thing is ...im considering one more watch...since i just got my pre-owned omega seamaster 300M GMT on April, and just last week - Laco 42mm pilot, now this month may - thinking of trying a hommage....Panerai style..hahah!

like you guys mentioned...Panerai is a really nice watch, especially its in fashion now...but i guess the fashion is currently slowing down, when i was working in HK during 2007, wow! hard to find Panerai in those Pre-owned shops, why? because the moment ppl trade it there, very fast ppl buy.....every tom dick and harry wears one in HK during 2007-2008.....even ladies....so its really hard to know if its the genuine one or the china fake...or a hommage..but during that period i guess hommage for panerai isnt popular yet.

well! since i dont make so much ...i cant afford a PAM.....even if i manage to save up for a PAM...i dont think i want to buy it...because i rather i pay a down payment for a property..hahaha! since i havent reach that standard.....

anyway! reason, why i want to buy the Dievas, is so that i can also, try accessories like different type of leather strap....at the moment...i think only PAM owners are playing this trend.....one PAM watch with many different types of material, colors and patterns...

i think this is exciting...its like you can wear a different style everyday......not so BORING...right...so i dont have money for a PAM..but for a Hommage...and a good quality one...i wear it PROUD....atleast its a hommage...not a FAKE!..i dont want to wear a Fake to insult not only to manufacturer who produce the watch but also to those Proud owners who paid so much to own a genuine PAM.

but i think hommage is a the border line of being close to a genuine and a fake.....so i guess it doesnt offend any side...atleast thats what  i hope...
Current Possession
---------------
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »
Strap is not cheap too :D

If u want a nice homage why not ask Yen to do u one ;) love his homage created not too long ago  :thumbsup:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »
Chrisc - I like your straight and frank talk, coming straight from your mind.

Keep it up and keep us informed of your homage purchase, if any.

dc

p/s, I have one homage -2533 from Yen.(sales consider) You can read it up somewhere in this forum / sales section.
PM if you need more information.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:45:52 AM by David_cheong »
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisc

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »
yeah yeah! i saw a homage by yen...wow! there are ppl who actually customize and built the watch themselves..im really impressed...makes me want to learn more..hahah!

anyway! i have my eyes set on trying a Dievas, well! singapore owner and founder..but the quality seems quite good....havent actually seen one..but view it online..and it seems many singaporean have one and selling them!

like you sifu mention....try a homage...then well! if it really works out...and 47mm isnt too big...then why not save for the PAM...actually i had my eyes on the PAM000 or the PAM005...its the luminor base with the logo or the luminor marina with logo - i think 6497 movement...manual winding...well! the cheapest to start with..hahaha!

thanks guys..
Current Possession
---------------
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
U all talk too much bout me... Later my name bcom commercial moderator gonna ban me!

Fren, buy something u like... Some thing u gonna wear it.. Not what others like!

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »
Other than dievas, rxw mm20 is another good homage. mm25 for the cali dial but the mm20 and mm25 are hard to come by. 
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline chrisc

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »
yeah! i thinking of getting a pre-owned Dievas, well! still asking around...and then maybe later ...look around for a pre-owned RXW MM20.

oh! sorry! David, like i mentioned earlier..prefer something huge..like 47mm...let me play around abit on that size..hahaha!

thanks guys...
Current Possession
---------------
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
No problem...

Did we saw one at the Bangsar Village??.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:56:15 PM by David_cheong »

Offline chrisc

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »
i think got one brand new one...from singapore...direct purchase from owner...

but since i just paid for a dievas..have to wait abit...and online..still can buy from ken's trading...stocks are low..but they still have.
Current Possession
---------------
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 03:21:40 PM »
i heard the one in passions went for nearly 100% above the rrp price from ken trading.

why not head down to sg, it's a lot less, and if u're into the mm25, it's selling below rrp

Offline chrisc

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »
yeah! thanks guys.

the RXW MM20 is my next buy! if the stowa isnt out or maybe to expensive..hahah! anyway! just got the Dievas Vintage 3646...havent collect it from singapore..but cant wait to see the quality..hehehe
Current Possession
---------------
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 08:39:15 AM »
congrats chrisc  :thumbsup:
do share a review here and let us molest it during yum cha session :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline chrisc

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:02 AM »
okie..sure..no issue...its when i get the watch..i will post my review.
Current Possession
---------------
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline patryn33

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 07:30:30 AM »
the RXW MM20 is my next buy! if the stowa isnt out or maybe to expensive..hahah! anyway! just got the Dievas Vintage 3646...havent collect it from singapore..but cant wait to see the quality..hehehe

isn't RXW more costly than the Devias U got?
its German made quality should be good. where your review BTW.

stowa.. which model U looking at getting? it sucks need to pay German VAT

Offline chrisc

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 10:19:24 PM »
hi! guys!

well! answer to the previous posting...when i ordered my Laco i didnt pay any German Vat, that if im not mistaken. for stowa, you can order without paying for the vat, there is a clause there. saying that if you have a Fedex client, then you dont have to pay german vat as Fedex will get the arrangement done.

thats what i think..ler....Laco uses Fedex so no issue on import tax or German Vats.

well! yeah! RXW is more expensive...and to make it worst, its pretty limited...however there are a few pre-owned for sale in singapore, but havent seen any in malaysia.

for me im keen with the RXW MM20....well! can use as a daily beater instead of using the expensive Panerai.....not that i have the money to buy panerai..hahaha!

but im now saving for a PAM111 or maybe PAM005
Current Possession
---------------
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4