Author Topic: Show me your white elephants  (Read 4398 times)

Offline JPSP

Show me your white elephants
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »
Don't think we've had this thread before..

Criteria - watches that you've not worn for 4 months or more...

Half year never touch this

At least 4 months for this

My cartier - 9 months in my watch box unworn..LNIB!  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:40:19 AM by JPSP »

Offline gck

Re: Show me your white elephants
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
thank god you met me!
I am the caretaker for white elephant sanctuary.  ;D

Offline Calibr

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 11:44:12 AM »
Nice pairing of Pam and Cartier! :thumbsup: I think I heard them singing to me leh... :angel:

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:10 PM »
I don't think it is appropriate to call them white elephant, not unless you have mistakenly purchased them,  and now wanting to get rid of it fast.

Yup, there are many "zoologist" who can take find space in their home for your pieces, if the one is getting rid of them, and the price is right... Good luck.

Offline Yikkie

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »
This is my ultimate white elephant. I still do not know what possessed me to buy this Valjoux 7750 based Hamilton X–Copter. 

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:10:03 AM »
My 112K. The last time I wore it was 18months ago. Looking to trade it off. Would listen to any reasonable offers  ;D

Sorry to derail the topic  :D

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline STT1987

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
Don't think we've had this thread before..

Criteria - watches that you've not worn for 4 months or more...

More than a year unworn. Just don't want to risk it being scratched. It was on an auto-winder and it kept damn good time (I think it wasn't out by more than 1 or 2 mins after a year - it's that good) all the while. Only taken out on special occasions.

Not a picture of my real watch as I can't be bothered to take mine out from the box to take a picture of it. Pretty angry at the Bell&Ross brand. The BR02 rubber strap is shaped as part of the casing; said rubber strap cracked and disintegrated in the box within one year - and it wasn't even hardly worn at all. To get a replacement strap from Bell&Ross costs RM400+ so I can't be bothered. It's on the velcro strap now. Looking to get rid of it.

“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »
I have the same prob with B&R strap and feel strongly it should be replaced tho warranty expired. Never come across such thing with other watches. How can the rubber get disintegrated within 1 to 2 years? We might lose the watch when diving or during action. Unacceptable lousy quality.  :thumbsdown:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 09:23:31 AM »
I have the same prob with B&R strap and feel strongly it should be replaced tho warranty expired. Never come across such thing with other watches. How can the rubber get disintegrated within 1 to 2 years? We might lose the watch when diving or during action. Unacceptable lousy quality.  :thumbsdown:

For rubber strap, it is very normal that it disintegrates, but normally it can last 8 to 10yrs, take my seiko ans citizen diver original straps for example.

I like water sport on beach. If you ever neef to dive into the water, certainly you must make sure your watch and its strap in good condition.

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »
My BR02 rubber still looks normal after 3 years. Surprised you guys are facing problems after one year. Possibly the place where the watch is kept is too dry? This has the tendency to dehydrate the rubber. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com